First OTA update coming soon for Mach-E

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I'm running Android 11 on my Samsung Galaxy S21 and wireless Android Auto worked for the first time for me today. Not sure what changed but no major phone update, perhaps background AA update to the app? No major SYNC update that I'm aware of. I thought Ford needed to push a SYNC update to fix wireless Android Auto. Weird that it works now. Running SYNC 4 version: 20312_PRODUCT Revision 243

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Something I would like to see in a future OTA update is the ability to toggle 1-pedal mode by holding the cancel/resume button when the cruise control is off.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
I'm running Android 11 on my Samsung Galaxy S21 and wireless Android Auto worked for the first time for me today. Not sure what changed but no major phone update, perhaps background AA update to the app? No major SYNC update that I'm aware of. I thought Ford needed to push a SYNC update to fix wireless Android Auto. Weird that it works now. Running SYNC 4 version: 20312_PRODUCT Revision 243
Got AA update today on pixel 3, 6.1.610544 dated 2/23.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
AA updated overnight. Much better today than the sideloaded version I installed a few days ago.

Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
I have a Galaxy S10e running Android 11. It also supports wireless Android Auto (first saw it connected without plugging in today).

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
Maybe a proper clue about the OTA.... From the first impressions thread.

Android Auto
Apparently there is an issue with Android Auto that hopefully will be fixed in the next OTA update.
For OTA updates, I assume the car needs to connect to my WIFI. Where in MME menu do i provide the password?

Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
For OTA updates, I assume the car needs to connect to my WIFI. Where in MME menu do i provide the password?
I am not sure it has to be connected to a WIFI. This was from last year announcement:
Ford Mustang Mach-E First OTA update coming soon for Mach-E 1614802368985

My house WIFI does not reach the driveway where I keep my ME. I hope I do not have to add a WIFI extender.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It does not need to be connected. The car is always connected to ford through its cellular connection.

I think the idea behind connecting to wifi is that it can download the update faster, or more reliably in the case of an area with spotty cell coverage.

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
It's on the car itself.. forgot which menu (I know it's not really helpful - I think it's under connectivity). I know I set mine up the week I got the MME. Worked well.
Sponsored