Freeman

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Route 1 2021
Country flag
I really like the look of the “grill” vinyl for the front of the MME. But upon further thought, I have decided against the mod. Why? I think the reason I like the vinyl mod is because it matches what I expect the front of a sports car to look like. I’m 55 and for my entire life ALL cars have had a front grill, so that is what my mind expects and is most comfortable with.

I specifically chose the MME because it is electric. I appreciate the unique “grill” design compromise of the MME. If you compare it to the Tesla, it looks more traditional (grill area surrounded by a black edging) than the Tesla fully non-grill look. And yet, it still is electric and innovative. If I added the grill vinyl It would take away from the electric look that I’m proud of. So for now, I think I’m going to go with the existing look for the grill area.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided Against “Grill” Vinyl BBBDCB16-246A-4766-8029-9B290671F974
Sponsored

Last edited:

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like the unique character also.
we have the GTPE and I agree with you that t
the GT grill looks more like the Fusion. Not that I mind, its nice and a bit sportier. But I also like the other, just as much.

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
They could probably get a little more creative with the fronts of all the EVs but a fake grill is not the way to go, IMO.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
The moustache looks stupid in my opinion. I got the Select, which means it's even junkier plastic than the Premiums have.

At least the trim matches my ASOK mud flaps.... a minor victory indeed.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
The moustache looks stupid in my opinion. I got the Select, which means it's even junkier plastic than the Premiums have.

At least the trim matches my ASOK mud flaps.... a minor victory indeed.
What a naïve illusion that different materials are used for the exterior of different trims :)

JohnC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a GT in Dark Matter Gray and wished I had the option for a "Vinyl Grill Delete" option when I ordered the car. I much prefer the clean look of the front without the fake vinyl graphics.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
It only took one summer of driving with my new mme to know that I had to do something to protect the front end of the car. I haven't done ppf yet, so a good compromise for the time being is vinyl over the grill. I've already taken on more damage in less than 1 year than I ever would have thought possible. Paint chips, gouges in the plastic, scratches.

I've also applied a translucent hex vinyl over the headlights.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided Against “Grill” Vinyl IMG_20220112_191420_01

Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided Against “Grill” Vinyl IMG_20220114_171159_01

OP
OP
Freeman

Freeman

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Route 1 2021
Country flag
It only took one summer of driving with my new mme to know that I had to do something to protect the front end of the car. I haven't done ppf yet, so a good compromise for the time being is vinyl over the grill. I've already taken on more damage in less than 1 year than I ever would have thought possible. Paint chips, gouges in the plastic, scratches.

I’m just starting my research on what I need to do to protect the front of the car.

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag

Excuse me, my good sir - what is this hex film on the eyelid you speak of?

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
I agree. I did stripes and left my grill alone. I like the plain grill. I think I am in the minority especial for ones that are doing stripes and wraps etc. But I saw it mentioned that it looks like a Snoopy nose and I can't unsee it now! It totally does.

20210421_115225.jpg

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I really like the look of the “grill” vinyl for the front of the MME. But upon further thought, I have decided against the mod. Why? I think the reason I like the vinyl mod is because it matches what I expect the front of a sports car to look like. I’m 55 and for my entire life ALL cars have had a front grill, so that is what my mind expects and is most comfortable with.

I specifically chose the MME because it is electric. I appreciate the unique “grill” design compromise of the MME. If you compare it to the Tesla, it looks more traditional (grill area surrounded by a black edging) than the Tesla fully non-grill look. And yet, it still is electric and innovative. If I added the grill vinyl It would take away from the electric look that I’m proud of. So for now, I think I’m going to go with the existing look for the grill area.

BBBDCB16-246A-4766-8029-9B290671F974.jpeg
I'm on board with you 100%. I didn't buy an electric car to make it look like every other car. To make the non-grill stand out even more I removed the license plate bracket and replaced the plate with a sticker instead. It really says "leading edge" now instead of legacy.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided Against “Grill” Vinyl 20210912_144855 (2)

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
And, no one can accuse you of trying to look like you have a GT which you do not! If someone wants a GT then they should buy a GT. Kind of reminds me of all the folks running around with fake Raptor grilles in their non Raptor F-150's, I literally laugh every time I see one! ?

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Yeah I left mine blank and didn't stripe it.

20220201_094055.jpg
Sponsored