JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I still love it! We ended up ordering the ChargePoint Flex home charger since the Ford Connect is on back order until April. Just came from Amazon and will be installed this weekend. Looking forward to it because I am current charging every night on the 110 house line and only get about 8% overnight, which is not ideal. The charge has been hanging out around 90% because the fast charger doesn’t go over 80% and then the slowness of the current home charger.

I am learning a lot about the charging and the range. Admittedly am a little disappointed in the range. I didn’t realize that the AWD would have that much lower range. My fault for not looking into it more but it is looking more and more like an “in town” car. Probably won’t do many road trips. Range between charges actually ends up being around 175 when you consider having the heat/AC on most of the year, acceleration, etc... Reminds me of Apollo 13 when they were trying to cut everything back to run the ship and get back to earth.?

Still trying to get the phone as a key to work. I think it may have to do with the Bluetooth. There is also confusion because apparently you can’t have the Bluetooth on and run Apple CarPlay which then turns off the key and FordPass. I am sure this is user error, so I will figure it out. Also, I have noticed that the FordPass app has a huge impact on my phone battery use, but if you turn location on only while using, it also effects the key, etc...

One note on the financing is that we opted for the Ford Option, 48 months and 15k miles. We picked up the car last Friday and we were all pre-approved. We still haven’t signed the loan paperwork because apparently Ford Finance doesn’t recognize the MachE as a model in their system. So, technically I am driving it around and don’t own it.
I love the space inside and the wireless phone charger! The is a perfect balance between buttons and options on the screen. I will be adding a small bottle of glass cleaner in the front console to wipe down all of the fingerprints. Tons of compliments and people stopping to check it out.

After Day 5, I would still buy it!
Is this issue of Carplay turning off bluetooth an unique issue with MME or always present in any car with Car play.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Is this issue of Carplay turning off bluetooth an unique issue with MME or always present in any car with Car play.
I have wireless Carplay in my BMW i3 and it doesn't effect bluetooth on my iPhone at all. Wireless Carplay uses the initial bluetooth connection from your phone to the headunit to acknowledge your phone is present, then switches to using a direct Wifi connection between your phone and headunit. So it will turn Wifi off on your phone (well, not off, but it'll disconnect from any other wifi network your phone was connected to).

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the updates. I also agree that when we go on long trips we will use our other car. Short less than 100 miles the Mache. I am going to look into the Charge point charger. I think its available on Amazon. I was going to just put a 240 outlet in the garage but then I don't have one in the car.

Thanks Gary

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
Yes. I’ve been driving it for 6 days without the fob. Only PaaK.
So if I only use the code, how does the process work? I type in the code on the outdoor, is there another prompt indoor for the code or is there a certain amount of time that the outdoor code is valid for starting the vehicle?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
So if I only use the code, how does the process work? I type in the code on the outdoor, is there another prompt indoor for the code or is there a certain amount of time that the outdoor code is valid for starting the vehicle?
You have to set up the backup passcode ahead of time (with the fob in the car).

Yes. Enter the code on the door pillar to get in, put your foot on the brake and push the start button. The car will say 'No Key Detected' and the big screen will prompt you to put in your pin/code that you previously setup. For the backup start code it gives you the full keyboard to work with not just numbers.

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
You have to set up the backup passcode ahead of time (with the fob in the car).

Yes. Enter the code on the door pillar to get in, put your foot on the brake and push the start. The car will say 'No Key Detected' and the big screen will prompt you to put in your pin/code that you previously setup. For the backup start code it gives you the full keyboard to work with not just numbers.
So you can be really stupid and use "start"?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One note on the financing is that we opted for the Ford Option, 48 months and 15k miles. We picked up the car last Friday and we were all pre-approved. We still haven’t signed the loan paperwork because apparently Ford Finance doesn’t recognize the MachE as a model in their system. So, technically I am driving it around and don’t own it.
Any updates on the financing? Did the dealer get Options figured out? Still need help?

OP
OP

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang Coupe; 2021 MachE AWD ER, Rapid Red
Occupation
Director or Human Resources
Country flag
Any updates on the financing? Did the dealer get Options figured out? Still need help?
Still haven’t figured out the financing. The dealer said they are having conference calls every day about it and that there are about 30 dealers across the country in the same place. If you, or someone you know, has the solution that would be great!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still haven’t figured out the financing. The dealer said they are having conference calls every day about it and that there are about 30 dealers across the country in the same place. If you, or someone you know, has the solution that would be great!
What dealer are you working with? I'll see what can be done.

Greddy1

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Grabber Blue First Editio
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
My FE supposedly shipped on 1/19 and still not in Ohio yet however I just checked palsapp and it just updated to dispatched today so maybe i'll get lucky.......
Sponsored

Last edited: