Delivery date pushed from8/13 to 10/31. Is this the chip shortage????

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
From the various inside information I have heard from Ford, I am not aware of any significant impact of chip shortages on the Mach E production line. In fact, Ford recently announced they are getting the chip shortage resolved on the F-150 and Super Duty truck lines.

I suspect you are more likely running into delays resulting from the production of GTs for folks who have been long-term reservation holders. Remember that there are lots of folks awaiting GTs who placed reservations as far back as 2019. 2021 orders that are not associated with 2019-2020 reservations may slip as GT production kicks into high gear.

Remember GT Job 1 should be this week:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/datacrunching-orders-builds-and-deliveries.7332/post-199718
Any update from your sources? My dealer said their system shows mine "Produced with a Micro Chip At Plant In Hold status and ETA bumped from 8/17 to 10/31. The narrative from Ford is a chip shortage....... I have an 11/19/2019 reservation with a GTPE VIN in the low double digits.
Sponsored

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
Like many others, the delivery ETA for my January ordered MME moved from August to 10/31/21. Today that was changed to 9/7/21. I can live with that. I was in the process of backing out of the order so the new date came just in time.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like many others, the delivery ETA for my January ordered MME moved from August to 10/31/21. Today that was changed to 9/7/21. I can live with that. I was in the process of backing out of the order so the new date came just in time.
Great news and congrats. I still expect something before 10/31, just hoping it's more Augustish.

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Any update from your sources? My dealer said their system shows mine "Produced with a Micro Chip At Plant In Hold status and ETA bumped from 8/17 to 10/31. The narrative from Ford is a chip shortage....... I have an 11/19/2019 reservation with a GTPE VIN in the low double digits.
My dealer just received tracking status for my MME that has the same "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold" for the ETA Disposition, but it's on a line that indicates the car is being shipped and mentions the rail car number and an End Date of 8/21.

But that follows a line indicated the car was Produced, with an End Date of 10/21 and an ETA Disposition that says "Manual Adjust".

Have you gotten any updates? It makes no sense have a two month discrepancy on the status report...

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer just received tracking status for my MME that has the same "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold" for the ETA Disposition, but it's on a line that indicates the car is being shipped and mentions the rail car number and an End Date of 8/21.

But that follows a line indicated the car was Produced, with an End Date of 10/21 and an ETA Disposition that says "Manual Adjust".

Have you gotten any updates? It makes no sense have a two month discrepancy on the status report...
I just confirmed with my dealer that mine hasn't moved as of this afternoon (same thing I see on Ford.com). I saw in another thread that some GTs may be moving but no mention of GTPEs.

PedalMasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Boxster S, 2010 Mazda CX-9
Country flag
I just confirmed with my dealer that mine hasn't moved as of this afternoon (same thing I see on Ford.com). I saw in another thread that some GTs may be moving but no mention of GTPEs.
On the VIN tracker, my GTPE just moved up to 9/14 ETA from 10/31.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Delivery date for my Wife’s cancelled order just got pushed out from 8/26 to 9/14. She is happy that I found her a car on 6/30! Happy Wife = Happy Life! :)
Sponsored