Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
When I viewed the Mach-E on tour today I asked the Ford rep how long the vehicle takes to actually arrive. I told him my build date (December 16) and he told me it takes 36 days from that day for the vehicle to arrive at the dealership. A second Ford rep confirmed that. This was news to me.

Also, I was curious about seeing the navigator, and in particular how they identify charging spots along a route, so I gave a voice command to take me to my home which was 1 1/2 hours away from the tour location. The navigator said they could not find the address. The Ford rep then told me that car was having trouble with navigation commands. I found this curious as if it is cloud based, I would think all cars would be getting the same information. Perhaps they are still working on navigation in their cloud.

Happier than ever I have one of the FE's on order. I think I will love this car.
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My local dealer told me today they are expecting my Jan.4th build to arrive in Sacramento 4-6 weeks after it leaves the factory.
Hoping this is not true but is in line with what you were told.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
My local dealer told me today they are expecting my Jan.4th build to arrive in Sacramento 4-6 weeks after it leaves the factory.
Hoping this is not true but is in line with what you were told.
Uggh, I was really hoping that my 6 Dec build week would put that car in my garage by 31 December (tax credit purposes). I guess it wasn't meant to be.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I'm not trying to instill any false hope here, but in another post on the updates, @trutolife27 said that in a Ford meeting they are trying to expedite as many customer deliveries as they can before 1/1. I think Ford is very aware of the tax credit issue. Now, what the cutoff date would be from manufacture to delivery was not mentioned. Someone else posted that their car being produced this week would be arriving in December.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I'm not trying to instill any false hope here, but in another post on the updates, @trutolife27 said that in a Ford meeting they are trying to expedite as many customer deliveries as they can before 1/1. I think Ford is very aware of the tax credit issue. Now, what the cutoff date would be from manufacture to delivery was not mentioned. Someone else posted that their car being produced this week would be arriving in December.
I'm hoping we'll find out more next week. OKTB being Monday (as far as we know), we should start seeing some movement and maybe give us a better idea of delivery timelines.

That being said - I don't think most of what may start shipping next week is customer cars, I'd imagine it's mostly dealer FCTP units that will go out, and they may not be as "expedited" as customer units.

Either way, I'm hoping it'll be an influx of new information the coming 2 weeks.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm hoping we'll find out more next week. OKTB being Monday (as far as we know), we should start seeing some movement and maybe give us a better idea of delivery timelines.

That being said - I don't think most of what may start shipping next week is customer cars, I'd imagine it's mostly dealer FCTP units that will go out, and they may not be as "expedited" as customer units.

Either way, I'm hoping it'll be an influx of new information the coming 2 weeks.
Yes, FCTP were always scheduled to go out next week. What needs expediting are customer units. Let's hope Ford has something great up their sleeves.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Just got a call from my Anchorage Alaska dealer today. My production date was 11/13/20 and expected delivery told to me by the dealer was today 12/14/20.
The phone call anyways is that it didn’t make it on the boat to Alaska, and Ford doesn’t have a delivery date for it apparently the car disappeared.
So, be careful apparently they are disappearing during delivery! ?(Probably Elon up to something.)
However I’m really bummed and hope to take delivery this month.
Thats new at least for me to hear a car disappeared. I am thinking its around somewhere in Fords control and probably got mixed up with other shipments?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Just got a call from my Anchorage Alaska dealer today. My production date was 11/13/20 and expected delivery told to me by the dealer was today 12/14/20.
The phone call anyways is that it didn’t make it on the boat to Alaska, and Ford doesn’t have a delivery date for it apparently the car disappeared.
So, be careful apparently they are disappearing during delivery! ?(Probably Elon up to something.)
Do you have your window sticker? What does it say in the ramp one box. Anything in ramp two? What shipping method is listed?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Ramp one
RA1C
Ramp two
Blank
Shipping
Rail
Vin
3FMTK3SS7MMA01894
Thanks.
Was expecting to maybe see something in the ramp two box since you said it gets on a boat at some point. Maybe RA1C designates a port terminal? I will try and find that code on some other stickers...

If the data is valid on the Fordtracker site then your car is in Mexico with the other pre OKTB cars still...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It doesn't matter what your dealer said - customer ordered Mach E's haven't left Mexico yet. There's a huge thread about "OKTB", which is Fordspeak for when the cars can be "sold", as in shipped from the factory. In alaska you're probably looking at mid to late january at best.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It’s not a customer order it’s a dealer order
Which only matters in that it makes sense it was already built but it's still sitting in Cuautitlan awaiting the shipping plan.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It’s not a customer order it’s a dealer order
Same thing. The only cars that have shipped from Mexico are preproduction cars that they can't sell to anyone. The dealer demos and cars built for customers (regardless of a dealer ordered it or the customer themselves ordered it) are waiting for the final OK to get shipped from the plant. There are literally thousands down there waiting to get on a train, truck, or boat. Shyipping wasd supposed to start weeks ago but due to some snafus it hasn't started yet

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Same thing. The only cars that have shipped from Mexico are preproduction cars that they can't sell to anyone. The dealer demos and cars built for customers (regardless of a dealer ordered it or the customer themselves ordered it) are waiting for the final OK to get shipped from the plant. There are literally thousands down there waiting to get on a train, truck, or boat. Shyipping wasd supposed to start weeks ago but due to some snafus it hasn't started yet
To be fair, shipping was never expected until about 2 weeks ago.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
wait, Alaska doesn't count as a state any more than Hawaii does. We don't know about international deliveries yet.

-- sent from 1958

????????

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
wait, Alaska doesn't count as a state any more than Hawaii does. We don't know about international deliveries yet.

-- sent from 1958

????????
Its ok, the US government considers Alaska and Hawaii to be international travel for its employees :rolleyes:
Sponsored