mach e delivery dates

babyclyde101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mme, f150,f250
Country flag
I ordered my mach e premium in february 2021, I got a production date of the week of July 5. The dealer got an email in July 13 saying my car has been built just waiting on chip. When I track on shop ford I get in production. I got an email in August saying my delivery date has been delayed 6 weeks or more. Ford updates the status on fridays, well last friday I finally got an estimated delivery date of October 31, 2021. Over 8 months from order date. What gives
Sponsored

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I ordered my mach e premium in february 2021, I got a production date of the week of July 5. The dealer got an email in July 13 saying my car has been built just waiting on chip. When I track on shop ford I get in production. I got an email in August saying my delivery date has been delayed 6 weeks or more. Ford updates the status on fridays, well last friday I finally got an estimated delivery date of October 31, 2021. Over 8 months from order date. What gives
I am in the same boat with the same dates as you. Ordered in February and built on July 9. It first said ETA at the end of August. Then it changed to October 31 and finally it changed to N / A. This is frustrating and I keep waiting.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Perhaps you haven't heard that there is a massive semiconductor chip shortage affecting EVERY car maker including Tesla, GM, Ford, Toyota, etc to the point that each manufacturer has been shutting down production?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
You said it in your original post. Chip shortage. Many of us are in the same situation

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I fully understand that supply chain issues are behind the delays, while annoyed I am not bothered by that. That said, I am bothered by Ford doing what is convenient for Ford rather than what is fair to the customer. My build started on 7/14 and was nearly completed on 7/20, but as of now is still waiting for parts. On the other hand, another order at my dealer with the same specs (except paint color) with a scheduled build date in the last week of August was shipped on 9/15. In other words my order has been delayed by 8 weeks, while an August build is on time.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I fully understand that supply chain issues are behind the delays, while annoyed I am not bothered by that. That said, I am bothered by Ford doing what is convenient for Ford rather than what is fair to the customer. My build started on 7/14 and was nearly completed on 7/20, but as of now is still waiting for parts. On the other hand, another order at my dealer with the same specs (except paint color) with a scheduled build date in the last week of August was shipped on 9/15. In other words my order has been delayed by 8 weeks, while an August build is on time.
They have X number of chips to complete Y cars, with 1.3Y to 2Y cars on order. Yes, for logistical and other reasons they are choosing which cars to finish. Yours wasn't chosen but someone else's was. You have no idea when that other car was actually ordered; if it was a dealer order they might have placed it last year (Ford initially prioritized customer cars). Regardless, it's called "the luck of the draw" for a reason.

In their position what criteria would you choose to select which cars are finished first? Would it include profit considerations because your sales are down 33%, or perhaps cutting expenses to keep the hemorrhaging to a minumum? I would think so.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yep, welcome to the frustrating world of Ford production prioritization. I’m still grumpy about Ford prioritizing non-reservations in front of my reservation. Some of these have been delivered while my reservation is still waiting for its production week to arrive.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
They have X number of chips to complete Y cars, with 1.3Y to 2Y cars on order. Yes, for logistical and other reasons they are choosing which cars to finish. Yours wasn't chosen but someone else's was. You have no idea when that other car was actually ordered; if it was a dealer order they might have placed it last year (Ford initially prioritized customer cars). Regardless, it's called "the luck of the draw" for a reason.

In their position what criteria would you choose to select which cars are finished first? Would it include profit considerations because your sales are down 33%, or perhaps cutting expenses to keep the hemorrhaging to a minumum? I would think so.
You make the assumption that I hadn't done my research before making a statement - that order I referenced has an order date four weeks behind mine and OP's.

You second paragraph makes my point exactly: Ford is doing what is convenient for Ford, not what is right by the customer.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
You make the assumption that I hadn't done my research before making a statement - that order I referenced has an order date four weeks behind mine and OP's.

You second paragraph makes my point exactly: Ford is doing what is convenient for Ford, not what is right by the customer.
I few weeks after you finally receive your car this frustration won't matter. Same thing happened to me where much later reservations were getting there cars before my by months. I received my premium and the "pain" went away quickly because it is a great car.

I am now waiting on a GTPE and the same things is happening. I reserved in Jan2020 and some that didn't reserve until Fall of 2020 are getting cars. Just the way it is. Ford definitely does not completely follow the reservation orders which is frustrating but in the end, a month off or so will quickly disappear once you have your car. Just hope the chips keep coming so my GT that is getting dusty in Mexico can start it's trip north soon.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I got an email in August saying my delivery date has been delayed 6 weeks or more. Ford updates the status on fridays, well last friday I finally got an estimated delivery date of October 31, 2021. Over 8 months from order date. What gives
[/QUOTE]

My GTPE was ordered April 27th, shown as having a "build week" of August 16th, updated on August 21st to "building" on August 21st (a Saturday, btw), the dealer's Vehicle Visibility readout showed it as "built" on Sept. 1st, but parked and waiting on chips, and finally showed "shipped" on Sept. 15th, with an estimated 34-days-to-dealer-delivery. Currently showing an Oct. 20-26 date for dealer delivery. Nothing is showing on palsapp.com but an invoice number and "pending".

I think that Ford must have done a run of GT's and GTPE's to get them to dealer showrooms. My GTPE had a 2 week wait on chips, not 6 weeks. BTW, I never got a 6-week-chip-wait notification.

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Perhaps you haven't heard that there is a massive semiconductor chip shortage affecting EVERY car maker including Tesla, GM, Ford, Toyota, etc to the point that each manufacturer has been shutting down production?
Yes, I have knowledge about that and mine is in fact in hold because of that. But it's frustrating anyway.

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Exactly that is what frustrates !! ??

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
I few weeks after you finally receive your car this frustration won't matter. Same thing happened to me where much later reservations were getting there cars before my by months. I received my premium and the "pain" went away quickly because it is a great car.

I am now waiting on a GTPE and the same things is happening. I reserved in Jan2020 and some that didn't reserve until Fall of 2020 are getting cars. Just the way it is. Ford definitely does not completely follow the reservation orders which is frustrating but in the end, a month off or so will quickly disappear once you have your car. Just hope the chips keep coming so my GT that is getting dusty in Mexico can start it's trip north soon.
Maybe with all the time they can give a bottle of Tequila for everyone!

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo XC60 T6; 57 Thunderbird
Country flag
ordered mine 3/8- built 7/20 and been on hold ever since. so far it seem that they are very little MMEs being shipped and we are now over a month since they sent the delay note. Minimum 6 week delay with $75 worth of charging as a compensation. I have my fingers crossed that we hear something soon, I am not sure how much longer we can go being a 1 car household

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 1967 V8 4bbl
Occupation
Pro
I don’t have any insider information but the rumblings I’ve heard would predict a spring 2022 delivery for you.

I ordered mine in July and had to re-order in Oct 2021 to change to extended range…….it still hasn’t shown up.
Sponsored