Did You Drive Your Mach-E Through The Winter?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Omg, you're right! The melt-off is atrocious. My garage still needs to be hosed down.
the melt-off was bad.... but I am concerned about mice, rabbits and packrats moving into those nice caves and nesting in the spring and fall! There REALLY needs to be wire mesh, or overlapping plastic to keep the rodents out.

in the *distant past* we all did not have wonderful 'aero belly pans'... and did not provide wonderful places for rodents to nest.... now, we do. This is really not good for anyone that parks outside for more than maybe two days in a row,.....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Drove the whole winter with it, the all season tires did just fine, even driving up through the Adirondacks in the middle of a snow storm was great! Apart from my uh January chaos with the car, the entire winter was fine. Range literally cut in half with the brutal cold we get up in my neck of the woods, but otherwise 9/10 would winter drive again. :)

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Ok, that was like 100 miles range loss so I assumed wrong
You lose about 40% during winter. I was prepared for the drop. Keep in mind, that's the lowest it went. It's been cooler but temps are above freezing again, so I'm already past 230 miles and it only goes up from here.👍

Composer

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 AWD
Occupation
Music Composer
Country flag
If I wouldnt drive it in the winter, I would not be able to drive it for many months here in sweden. :) So yes, its a great driver on winter condition... but you do loose quite a few km's in range partly because of not having a heatpump.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I did, and with summer tires too! My car handled very well. It got a little slippery from time to time but it kept its composure very well.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Yes. I posted about the sacrifices I made last winter. I had to put on a jacket to go pour some water in the MachE washer fluid jug. It was hellish.
Sponsored