stratigary

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Country flag
I was able to drive our dealers demo Mach E and they even let me take it home for a 3 day weekend to make sure it was a perfect fit for us. I planned on ordering one the day I brought it back and when I mentioned it they offered to sell me that one when the demo was up for under MSRP along with my Zplan discount.
Sponsored

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
I drove a few EVs on my birthday (July 2021) and the Mach-E stood out the best, even on a fairly short test drive...so we ordered one. Research (magazines, YouTubers, this forum) backed my initial findings. When our car came in, we got a thorough test drive before signing off, etc. Overall we're very happy.

Add me to the list of people who wouldn't EVER buy a car without test driving it first. Research can tell me a lot, but ultimately a car has to "feel right" to me.

My3rdPonyCar

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Focus ST, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
My wife and I rented a MME GT from Turo for the weekend. Itā€™s going to be her car so I wanted to make sure she liked it, including one pedal driving. She loved it and we ordered one that weekend. It was a great way to try one out without the hassle of a dealer.

Last edited:

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nope. Walked in sign papers. Drove home. No regrets.

This is my 29th or 30th vehicle. I forget. I don't get too wrapped up if there's something that bothers me. I'll have another one soon
I'm with Greg on this except have had almost double the cars. I go off of features, looks, possible reviews but I knew I just wanted one so ordered it, signed papers via docusign (I live 3 hours from my long time favorite dealer) went down, picked it up and drove home. Loved the car so much that after 9 months and 10K miles ordered a GT. I've had to do that with the last two cars before the Mach-E as none were available before ordering (Focus RS, GT500).

Like Greg said, if there is an issue, I'll get a different car. Even spending $100K on a GT500 I knew it was for me and that car isn't going anywhere. I'll be buried in that car. ?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The way I read your question you are asking if we drove the actual car we were buying prior to singing the papers and closing the deal. My sense is that most of the replies were answering a different question: whether we test drove a Mach E prior to buying one. I drove an AWD Premium before ordering back in October and agree itā€™s a good idea to take the car for a spin when it gets here (who knows when that will beā€¦).
Honestly, who knows what he means.

Because this isnā€™t really a sentence:
Has anyone not test driven their MME without out driving it first?
Iā€™ve read it like 10x and am still confused then if your interpretation is correct.

OP
OP
JerryL

JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
Iā€™m reading it again and Iā€™m confused too?ā€?. Sorry. Who has ordered their MME without driving it first?

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
My wife drove a friend's Select standard RWD and immediately fell in love with the car. Does that count as a test drive?

Anyway, after that, I found a Premium 4x in stock, went and drove it, handshook on it, and went back the next day and got it.

That was the first time I'd driven the car and I knew immediately I had to have one too, so I subsequently ordered a GT, which I passed papers on after inspecting it and sitting in it but without driving it. Since I got to drive my wife's first, I let her drive mine home from the dealer. So I wasn't even the first one to drive it.

Last edited:

lucky13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Dealer I went to wasn't allowing any test drives of on the lot Mach Es. I was supposed to test drive a a used 2021 Mach E, but when I got to the dealership it was not available due to having been sent out to address the windshield recall.

I was given the keys to a Premium that was had purchased off the lot (with ADM) and was told to stay off the highway and not put too many miles on it. I felt a bit uncomfortable, so I just kept to some side roads and interconnected parking lots.

They are supoosed to let me know when the 2021 is back from the windshield recall so I can have a proper test drive.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Given that I received the first Mach-E in Wisconsin, there was nothing around to test drive prior to my car arriving. Signed the paperwork and gave the dealer my check and then drove it off the lot. No regrets. My most recent prior car was a Bolt EV. I got the first Bolt in Wisconsin by buying one in Oregon and having it shipped to me. No other Bolts in Wisconsin or nearby at the time so nothing to drive. I owned it before the dealer in Oregon put it on the truck to ship it to Wisconsin. No regrets. Risk taker? Not too much. In my opinion, there is a measured risk with any decision. I was willing to accept the risk in exchange for the upside. Would I do it again? You bet.

mach_e_hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I had a model y ordered and test drove the mach e. It was way quieter than the Tesla. Model y was so loud I just couldn't like it paying more than 50k without having some peace and quiet.

Build quality was also great. Screen sucked, was not responsive at all like olders cars have snappy infotainment not this one.

But I just avoid touching the screen and enjoy silence. I don't like the radio loud, for other cars that means hearing road and wind noise. This thing is super quiet. For me though, the top requirements for a car are electric and road noise. Everything else to me comes after.

Cancelled the model y order shortly after getting a mach e.

2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select RWD, grabber blue
Country flag
Only Mach-E I drove was last April , one of the First Edition models.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Nope because when I orderd, last year 6th january, the mach-e wasn't on the market yet.

Brussam

First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbruss.com
Vehicles
Racing Red 2RWD Extended
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We bought our Premier before it came off of the truck. Hard to test drive when there are no vehicles around.

And we are happy campers with our car.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Personally I would NEVER purchase a car without test driving. If a dealer says no to a test drive, they lose my business. Plain as that.

On that note, my dealer allowed test drives of any model on their lot.
I did a test drive before buying my Fusion Hybrid . My wife did one in 2014 in the Titanium version with the Park Assist and loved it. Unfortunately, there were no Titanium versions at the dealer when I bought my Fusion a year later.
Sponsored