JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
I purchased my MME without being able to test drive it. Has anyone not test driven their MME without out driving it first?
Sponsored

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I purchased my MME without being able to test drive it. Has anyone not test driven their MME without out driving it first?
You should have created a poll on this question, that way we can see the total results

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
I got to test drive mine before singing the papers, but they wouldn't let me test drive their demo unit.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I'm sure I could have taken it for a spin prior to signing everything but I didn't as I did all the signing virtually before getting to the dealership.

Got there, had to sign like 3 things, got the keys and left. Fastest vehicle purchase I've ever made.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Last edited:

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yes, I test drove mine before signing the papers. I think it's a very good thing to do. Aside from checking for specific issues (such as transport damage that the dealer might say is not their responsibility if you buy the car, notice the damage at home, and come back a few days later asking for a fix), it lets you get a feel for the car.

For all of the reviews out there, a fair amount of whether you like a car or not is pretty subjective. Especially with an increasing amount of competitors out there, you might find you like one over the other based on the test drive.

Like say with the Mach-E, Model Y, and ID.4. Some people don't have a strong preference for either of the three based on looks or other objective factors that you can read about or see at a distance. But no amount of reading reviews would answer the question for you of which one you would prefer to spend your time in, which is key and where a test drive comes in.

ohmslaw

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Toyota Rav-4, Mach-e (on order)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yep, test drove a standard awd. Dealer I bought from would test drive any non-customer ordered car. 3 minutes after leaving the dealer put in an order on an extended range premium. It really is that good.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I wouldn't ever buy any vehicle without test driving IT, i.e. the actual vehicle I am signing papers on. It astonishes me when someone goes in to pickup a new vehicle, and signs the papers without driving it. Or examining it.

Our dealer still had the demos back at the end of June, and he not only allowed us to drive it, he gave it to us for 2 days. We brought it back and signed on the one we were buying, which we had driven before taking the demo.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
No, mine was the first Mach-E ever delivered to my dealer at that point. Ordered and received car without testing driving it or any other Mach-E. My first drive was out of the delivery garage at the dealership. I did a full walk around checking panel gaps and that all the doors worked.

Last edited:

aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I've only been in one for a ride. My dealer had one come in and it sold in 45 minutes. I didn't even get the chance to test drive it. I hope another comes in to test drive before I place an order.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Nope. Ordered GT before anyone even had a chance to drive one.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Nope. Ordered GT before anyone even had a chance to drive one.
But did you test drive it before you took delivery? I’d say a significant portion of Mach-E owners at this stage (decreasing every day) must have put down a reservation or submitted an order before deliveries began a year ago.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
But did you test drive it before you took delivery? I’d say a significant portion of Mach-E owners at this stage (decreasing every day) must have put down a reservation or submitted an order before deliveries began a year ago.
Nope. Walked in sign papers. Drove home. No regrets.

This is my 29th or 30th vehicle. I forget. I don't get too wrapped up if there's something that bothers me. I'll have another one soon
Sponsored