OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
You can't just make the FORScan change and have it disabled? Seems lame that that isn't enough to just trick the car into thinking it isn't there anymore. Bummer.
No, unfortunately not. There's signals sent on the bus independent of forscan changes. When in reverse for instance the reverse lights need to activate, the rear BLISS needs to function including CTA, as well as the cameras. I couldn't imagine being able to change such a thing w/out impacting other systems that you want to be present. Eliminating the backup beeper alone is much preferred.

One benefit of the forscan change is that you can install a power switch for it and enable / disable it w/ out throwing a code. It does throw a silent code when viewed in FDRS as the module is missing, but that's it. No MIL or other issues present.
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Sorry for the ignorant questions…

How many external speakers does the MME have? I’m confused because I know there is a speaker under the front of the car, but it seems very odd that we’re disconnecting something in the trunk?

Does this disable just the backup beeping, or also the hum which is emitted for pedestrians when driving at low speeds?

If I’m understanding correctly, you’re physically disconnecting the speaker, but the forscan mod is just to prevent that disconnection from throwing a trouble code, right?

OP
OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Sorry for the ignorant questions…

How many external speakers does the MME have? I’m confused because I know there is a speaker under the front of the car, but it seems very odd that we’re disconnecting something in the trunk?

Does this disable just the backup beeping, or also the hum which is emitted for pedestrians when driving at low speeds?

If I’m understanding correctly, you’re physically disconnecting the speaker, but the forscan mod is just to prevent that disconnection from throwing a trouble code, right?
One -- Ford hid most of the MME's modules in the back as there's room. The GWM, PACM, TCU, and Amp are all back there, probably a few more too.

The entire module is unplugged -- it has but one function. On the F150 it's under the glovebox / passenger knee panel. It's just a little amplifier / noise device.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Is it a separate piece of hardware? Curious why they don't turn it on in the US?
What's it do?
I think it just uses the cameras / IPMA to provide the functionality.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Anyone happen to know what "wrong way alert" is? Is there a system that can tell a driver they're on the wrong side of the road? Seems like it'd be handy to have, maybe needs more hardware?
I wish it makes the speaker beep inside the cabin? That’s be a fun hack at a GTG 😅

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
As you know, I put a volume control on my pedestrian speaker. I don't get the error because I am using a resistor to simulate the speaker when it is bypassed. So with this mod you don't need the bypass resistor. But the bypass resistor is super easy to do, so there really isn't any effort saved IMO.

Anyway, does this mod completely silence the pedestrian speaker, or just the backup beeper sound? My volume control works on both since it is controlling the speaker, not the source.

OP
OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
As you know, I put a volume control on my pedestrian speaker. I don't get the error because I am using a resistor to simulate the speaker when it is bypassed. So with this mod you don't need the bypass resistor. But the bypass resistor is super easy to do, so there really isn't any effort saved IMO.

Anyway, does this mod completely silence the pedestrian speaker, or just the backup beeper sound? My volume control works on both since it is controlling the speaker, not the source.
Well it's disconnected. If it starts making noise the car is getting an exorcism!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This topic should be titled "How to disable pedestrian alert sounds". It will disable the "hum" in gear too.

From the title I thought you had added an actual dump truck beeper to make it louder, then changed your mind or something...

Also, did you check if there are any trouble codes set after doing this? You make the IPC ignore it, but do any of the other modules set codes?

Shrug

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
VP Technology
Country flag
Thanks for this. Worked great. Took me 30 mins or so from start to buttoned up. The longest part for me was to find the PACM module that was in the IPC to flip the bit.

OP
OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
This topic should be titled "How to disable pedestrian alert sounds". It will disable the "hum" in gear too.

From the title I thought you had added an actual dump truck beeper to make it louder, then changed your mind or something...

Also, did you check if there are any trouble codes set after doing this? You make the IPC ignore it, but do any of the other modules set codes?
No, there's a 'silent' dtc that the PACM is missing. There are no other side effects. This has been long running in the powerboosts. By flipping the IPC bit, it ignores the PACM. The goal is to remove the beeping. Not the side effect of the noise as a whole, aka for car shows and other off-road uses. For those of us who move around late at night and have neighbors, some who sleep with windows open, having the BONG BONG BONG BONG not being the nuisance it is, is a must. Most vehicles today are quiet, the ICE has come a long way. It's counterproductive to have a quiet vehicle with an artificial noisemaker making a vehicle louder than any comparable ICE. And yes, initial phrasing is important, as is the use case.

Without the IPC change, the MIL will be on.

Last edited:

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Haha, could you imagine using your MME exclusively off road? The thing practically bottoms out on on rough pavement :)
That's because it's a Station Wagon...

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My neighbours must hate me beeping out of the driveway at 6am every morning.
The MME backup sound is a whisper compared to the one on my wife's Kia Niro EV. She may as well roll down her window and yell at the top of her lungs, "HEY! EVERYONE! GOOD MORNING, I'M HEADING TO WORK NOW! BYE!!!!"

It is seriously as loud as one you'd hear on a dump truck, and I don't know why it has to be that way.
Sponsored