DIY Ceramic Recommendations Please

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I would start with “Pan the organizer” YouTube channel. You’ll be up to speed in no time.

Fair warning: The detailing rabbit hole goes deep. One minute you’re looking for a good wash mitt, the next you’ve got a couple grand worth of power washing equipment in your Amazon cart.
So true. I ended up with an ar630tss and a custom di water system ?
Sponsored

Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
IMG_1925.jpg
IMG_1926.jpg

So this is my RR EX4 with the Last Coat 2.0. Pretty pleased with the results. This is 2 coats after 24 hour cure time. I see that the Griots Garage 3-1 Ceramic got really good reviews as well. Probably better than the Last coat. This goes on really easy. I did clay bar entire car before applying
That looks amazing! Thanks for the recommendation.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Avalon King Armor Shield is amazing and can last 5 years.....
It's a real diy ceramic coating !

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Might want to checkout this YouTube channel. They test a lot of products (ceramic, graphene coatings/sprays, etc.) I like their testing methodology:

https://youtube.com/c/ScottHD

I went with the Mcguiar Hybrid Ceramic spray for now. Wanted to get the Griot’s 3 in 1 Ceramic spray but wasn’t available at the time. I want to try Adam’s graphene spray next.

First Name
Bari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E
Country flag
I really like Ammo NYC stuff, maybe I'm in the minority. I personally don't really care if it costs slightly more considering I'm not a full time detailer and only need 1 or 2 bottles per year of whatever is low. I also like supporting Larry since I've learned pretty much everything I know about detailing from his channel, I've even called him with questions and he's like under someone's car detailing it casually having a conversation about products, cars we've owned, etc. Super nice guy, well respected in the community.

With his enamel products he'll tell you it'll be a 1 year product, but if you actually take care of your car it will easily be 2-3 years of protection especially if you detail it and reapply sealant on top, etc. Not complicated to apply either.

I bought this based on your recommendation and the video. Looking forward to trying it when my car comes in!
Sponsored