Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
$3.20 for gas would be a dream :oops:. Best choice I could have made was going with an EV this year. Regular grade gas is nearly $5 per gallon, premium is well over that. Hence why EV's are so popular here in Cali.
Ugh, I can remember full-service Premium at $0.399/gallon. ?
Sponsored

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agreed. The X and Y are hideous to me. The 3 looks good from the back.
The real issue to me is that they all look alike. Not much different in the front

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
I'm kinda confused how people thought the Ford MME would come out and be equal to what Tesla has been doing for 15+yrs. This is ford's first attempt it will take a few yrs to get on par.but will gain speed quickly hopefully and it should. I mean the auto pilot is still a hot mess and look how long that has been working on it. In Midwest and UP michigan all EV networks are struggling I don't see Tesla chargers at all. If you have one you are charging at home or driving 45 min to a supercharger which is not convenient at all.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm kinda confused how people thought the Ford MME would come out and be equal to what Tesla has been doing for 15+yrs. This is ford's first attempt it will take a few yrs to get on par.but will gain speed quickly hopefully and it should. I mean the auto pilot is still a hot mess and look how long that has been working on it. In Midwest and UP michigan all EV networks are struggling I don't see Tesla chargers at all. If you have one you are charging at home or driving 45 min to a supercharger which is not convenient at all.
The real issue I believe is just not Ford. Look at GM and it’s EV issues. For the most part I don’t believe the car companies do enough real world testing. They rush to get things out the door and use us as guinea pigs. I can live with that with Microsoft and Apple , although it’s wrong, with a car that’s another story. Too much time lost and potential dangerous situations.

they need to do better.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
The real issue I believe is just not Ford. Look at GM and it’s EV issues. For the most part I don’t believe the car companies do enough real world testing. They rush to get things out the door and use us as guinea pigs. I can live with that with Microsoft and Apple , although it’s wrong, with a car that’s another story. Too much time lost and potential dangerous situations.

they need to do better.
I do not see the dangers with the meme the Tesla auto pilot oh yes that is not rdy to go into the public. Bit they look at it as it is easy to release and fix it as they go like u said use us.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Ugh, I can remember full-service Premium at $0.399/gallon. ?
Ugh, that brings back my high school days, same price in 73' when I had my first car!

Tony

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ugh, that brings back my high school days, same price in 73' when I had my first car!

Tony
I remember when my brother started driving in 1965, he would get 25 or 50 cents worth and get a couple of gallons. Of course that wouldn’t get too far with the engines back then.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Same in central PA I cant go from point A to point B without seeing at least 1 Tesla. They are opening a large dealership. They took over a huge building it should be open in a few months. Didn't know they had dealerships only showrooms this is a massive building and parking area so maybe they are changing too.
It may be a repair facility. We have no dealerships or showrooms in CT but one repair facility. In CT, new motor vehicles can only be sold at physical dealerships. Dealers must have strong lobby group in Hartford.

dmasteR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi S4
Country flag
Looking at the plugshare map, Tesla actually has a decent amount of chargers. Where as there's literally nothing above 50kW for CCS. Tesla even has Superchargers in the UP, Escabana and Marquette.

Gary Hankins

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I purposely bought a Mach E because it was the anti-Tesla. The Mach E is a very comfortable car to drive and has all of the expected comforts and features of a great car. I'm also a big fan of Ford having previously owned 4 Mustangs, an Explorer, Expedition and a Navigator. However, I almost bought a Tesla, I put a down payment on the Model 3 when it was announced. I was early enough that I would have received the $7500 rebate. I wanted an electric car but couldn't bring myself to like the stark, sterile computer room type feel I got when sitting inside the car. Especially that white interior. I felt like the old man in the white room at the end of "2001: A Space Odyssey." Once I got that feeling I could never get it out of my mind. I'm so glad that the Mach E came along.

Yes, Tesla might have the best technology and, as a technologist with a Computer Science degree, I love technology. But when I'm driving the car I only want comfort and convenience. And the Mach E provides both of those.

Would BlueCruise be nice? Yes. Will I use it a lot? No, not really. I have everything I want in a car with the Mach E the way it is. I'm not going to fret or stress about future items over which I have no control. I'll just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Literally!
Well said and clearly related. Tech should help us with whatever it is associated with, not become an impediment.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Looking at the plugshare map, Tesla actually has a decent amount of chargers. Where as there's literally nothing above 50kW for CCS. Tesla even has Superchargers in the UP, Escabana and Marquette.
Yes there are a few very very limited still and my area you can look at the plug share does it show some yes. But they are at business campuses mainly it is still very very limited in the region. Is there a Tesla yes I stated before 45 min away that is not convenient. My area EVs you mainly have to base on charging at home or hope your work has one if they do it will be a dual port charge point so still very limited. Not a fan or ever want to have to drive 15 min plus out of my way to charge my car up.

What's a better app chargehub or plugshare?

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
It may be a repair facility. We have no dealerships or showrooms in CT but one repair facility. In CT, new motor vehicles can only be sold at physical dealerships. Dealers must have strong lobby group in Hartford.
That's one of the reasons I didn't buy a Tesla. The other is quality-control issues.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
possibly it has a very big garage area so I bet your right
Sponsored