Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have a rule in my car....no eating.....ever.....period. Not even me. Picking up takeout or fast food is fine, but your not eating it until we get home.....not even a fry. Drinks (with lids and straws), are fine too, just be careful.

So we go through a fast food place and my wife orders ice cream. I just look at her....you know you're not eating that in my car right? She insists she'll be careful....and I insist she waits to eat it until we get home (20 min) ....or I'll wait while she eats it outside the car. And the expected "your being ridiculous" argument follows.

So, what do you do?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My wife and I have eaten meals in my Mach E on a few occasions - at a Stewart's drive-in a week or so ago, and also a couple of times this summer driving back from the shore with my dog in the backseat. When I'm by myself on a long drive I'll eat a snack while driving also. Handsfree BC is wonderful for that.

I've got a "type A" personality and am always in a hurry, so over the years I've eaten in every car I've owned. Back in my college days I could drive stick shift between my day job and night classes while eating a burger and fries...

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
We have toddlers. They eat in the car. Itā€™s a mess in both vehicles and we have no shame. I typically donā€™t eat in the car personally but the wife wonā€™t tolerate being told what she can and canā€™t do. Oh well, once the kids are grown up it wonā€™t be such a problem.

Reactions: x19

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Road trips only. Mostly at DCFC stations when not near food.
Drinks are okay but I have teenagers so less likely to spill.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Only my dog gets to eat in the car, and only when heā€™s crated. Otherwise, GTFO if youā€™re going to eat. šŸ˜ŽšŸ©

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I just look at her....you know you're not eating that in my car right?
My Car? Boy I bet things are fun around your house, what happened to community property? šŸ˜‚

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I hate eating in the car, whether driving or not. But that's just me. The general rule is no eating, but with wide latitude. When driving my daughter from school to workout to gymnastics, etc there are often snacks involved. She makes massive messes, of course.

OP
OP
New2EV

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
We have toddlers. They eat in the car. Itā€™s a mess in both vehicles and we have no shame. I typically donā€™t eat in the car personally but the wife wonā€™t tolerate being told what she can and canā€™t do. Oh well, once the kids are grown up it wonā€™t be such a problem.
Lol...I've been there and that's why I don't want anyone eating in the car. We've had the minivan with french fries under every seat and some sort of sticky substance in every crevice. The kids are mostly teenagers now and they still expect to eat in the car....and they're only mildly better about not spilling stuff.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
When I go to the drive-through, the food goes in the frunk until I get home.
Iā€™m curious about the logistics of this. Go through a drive through and then stand outside the car waiting to put food in the frunk or get the food pull up to a stop then get out and put it in the frunk? Im not judging, just curious.

I donā€™t have the willpower to not eat in my daily driver - if it was a weekend toy or similar.. for sure would be way more strict. But I commute an hour each way and start early so I spend a good portion of my day in my car - as well as a good portion of the day eating šŸ˜‘ not a good mix to stop car eating all together. I also put as much interior protection as possible and clean my interior to some extent every time I get out of the car to help limit any problems.

OP
OP
New2EV

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My Car? Boy I bet things are fun around your house, what happened to community property? šŸ˜‚
Haha...yeah, it's just how we reference the cars. She has hers and I have mine. Not that she can't drive mine, she has plenty of times.....just not while eating.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Only my dog gets to eat in the car, and only when heā€™s crated. Otherwise, GTFO if youā€™re going to eat. šŸ˜ŽšŸ©
My dog already ate, puked, and defecated in my car, though I asked him to wait till I stopped. He is the only one who is allowed to do all three. šŸ˜‰

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I really try not to... noting worse than getting little incriminating sesame seeds in the seat crevices from my secret second breakfast. I'm as bad as a Hobbit.
Sponsored