Do you really use blue cruise that often?

How often do you use Blue Cruise? Up to 4 choices.

• Total voters

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I use it every day to/from work, but it only works for about 12-13 miles out of a 30 mile drive. And once I get past a certain point (particularly on the drive home) it cuts out every 2-3 minutes passing on/off ramps.

I took my first lengthy road trip this past week and it was so-so. As long as there were few other cars around (particularly semis) it was fine. But its tendency to want to ping-pong across a lane to find the lane center again, and just having to override it to get away from all of the people wanting to ride the lane dividers meant it wasn't of much use in congested areas.

Though I'm sure I sound like a broken record, Ford needs to do some real updates (BC 1.2 for 2022s would be a good start) to get me to reup in 2.5 years. Otherwise I'll probably just let it lapse.
Sponsored

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I voted that I use it every day, however I don’t use it Hands Free very often.

In the DC-MD-VA area we have pretty good BC coverage on major roads so when I activate ACC BC is enabled. I rely on the ACC tech to avoid hitting a car slowing ahead of me, but I remain concerned about BC should sudden steering input be required. I think it would remain within the lane but that might not be the best choice in an emergency.

Road congestion is typically high enough (at highway speeds) that I keep my hands on the wheel most of the time. I use Hands Free when I am around few cars or during stop and go scenarios—where it shines.

I love that aspect of the Ford approach, i.e, that I can drive (steer & increase speed) with the system enabled but at any time I can choose to rely on it.

Last edited:

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I use it every time I go to work 35 miles each way and sometimes on weekend so 6 days a week. When trial runs out in 2025 I will not be continuing the service at any price.

em5quare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD Premium ER
Country flag
I use it several times a week, particularly during the summer. I find it works very well and is quite helpful in relieving stress and fatigue when driving over long distances - we drove to FL from NY and back last winter and it made the trip much easier. Still, I was on the fence about renewing at $200/year. At $800/year? FORGET IT!!!! Not sure what the folks at Ford are smoking, but I sure want some of it!

spgordon57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
I have a '22 MME Premium extended range w/ BC 1.0, free for 3 years. However it is of little use and virtually worthless even in light to moderate traffic. Waiting to see if Ford will give me V 1.2 via OTA. If they do and if I like it and use it more, I'd consider paying something. But $75/mo? Puhleeez. Get a grip, Ford.

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
3x per week, it is a good stress relief. I went from hating on it (several comments in this very forum) because it really did suck ass, to actually enjoying it because most of my complaints were addressed in subsequent releases.

What would I pay? $100/yr is a no-brainer, sign me up every year, regardless of how much I use it. $200/yr is where I'm barely comfortable. $300/yr I'd likely pass on it unless my usage goes up a ton. $400+/yr is gonna be an instant no from me, dawg.
Sponsored