dog mode

hharold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
This would definitely be a welcome feature.

I am sure it is possible to keep the vehicle ON, and airco ON.
But crucial would be to have a message on both displays flashing that the dog is safe and temperature inside is ## degrees.

And now hopefully the one with the brick can read AND see the display.....
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I use it so my car is still warm/cool when I get in it after stopping at the store. It will hold the temperature for 50 minutes. I've never actually used it for my dog. lol.
I use the remote start feature of the Bolt for the same reason.

This past week's been hot in Michigan so when going into stores I remote start the Bolt so it stays cool while I'm shopping (The Bolt will run up to 30 minutes before shutting down).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I use it so my car is still warm/cool when I get in it after stopping at the store. It will hold the temperature for 50 minutes. I've never actually used it for my dog. lol.
That's just what I was thinking too -- that it would be cool to use (no pun intended) even without the dog. If I have a 10-15 minute stop on a hot, sunny day, leaving the A/C on would be great.

Or if I'm making an extra stop on the way home from the grocery store where I bought cold or frozen foods.

Another thought... Could be a nifty marketing perk for Ford. When the person parked next you you in the parking lot of the grocery store returns to their hot car and sees "70 degrees" on the lit up screen in the Mach-e, I can just hear a "Oh wow, I want that!".

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I use it on my 2015 MB B250. Havenā€™t looked into it for the Bolt.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I use it on my 2015 MB B250. Havenā€™t looked into it for the Bolt.
On the Bolt its simply "remote start" on the key fob (click lock, and then hold the "start" icon until the car wakes up). After it runs for 10-15 minutes you can repeat the procedure to add another 10-15 minutes. It really isn't a "dog mode" per-say just a "turn the car on so the A/C or heater can do their thing". (You can also remote start it through the Chevy app if you've been paying for On-Star.)

I use it all the time.

Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
I agree with you. As a volunteer, I drive patients to cancer treatment. This would be a great feature to keep the car cold/warm in summer/winter when inside the hospital, looking for the patients. It should be available even when the car is plugged in as I have access to an outside parking lot with j-1772 plugs. In my current car (VOLT), I can run pre-conditioning for two 10 minutes cycles.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I hope so. Would not take much to implement it. The batteries are more than capable of supporting this.

One fear I have with Ford is not being able to implement customer requested features. OR, choosing not to do so and making 'upgrades' to later models to try and woo people to trade in their cars.

This is one category that Tesla excels in. So many software features exist because someone Tweeted Elon and asked for an app or a quality of life improvement. I really hope Ford does the same thing with their EVs.
Yep! Ford needs to be able to listen and implement like Tesla does. They are GREAT at innovation and I hope it sets the bar REALLY high for the rest. They need to listen to the people that buy from them.

I have a Caddy XT4 and the impression that I get at the dealer (and can't contact Caddy directly) is nobody cares. This needs to be fixed.

We need a happy medium between dealers and direct sales.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
Maybe we can tweet Jim Hackett feature ideas. Start at the top.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Yep! Ford needs to be able to listen and implement like Tesla does. They are GREAT at innovation and I hope it sets the bar REALLY high for the rest. They need to listen to the people that buy from them.

I have a Caddy XT4 and the impression that I get at the dealer (and can't contact Caddy directly) is nobody cares. This needs to be fixed.

We need a happy medium between dealers and direct sales.
I remember having a long chat when ford where doing the rounds showing the then up coming focus rs with one of the development engineers complaining about how loads of features and bits of cars go missing when the come state side.

The general excuse given was down to american customers tastes, pushing the issue further it really boiled down to the problem not being the american customer doesn't want it but the dealers don't as they have zero interest and just want to push the simplest lump of metal they can for the largest profit possible :(

I am hopeful that with OTA updates at least there is the opportunity for the vehicle to improve over time completely removing the dealer from the equation so customers no longer get short changed based on decisions that suit the dealer.

The simplicity of the BEV drive train, gives manufactures the opportunity to continue to offer quite significant plug and play upgrades to vehicles giving them a whole new revenue stream beyond trying to sell you a yearly sat nav map update, lets see if they embrace it..

RidetheLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Mustang, 2007 Mustang GT
Country flag
I have a pit bull and have left her in my car, windows rolled down and a couple times with the engine running....in Los Angeles.
im all for ā€œdog modeā€.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have a pit bull and have left her in my car, windows rolled down and a couple times with the engine running....in Los Angeles.
im all for ā€œdog modeā€.
I have a pibble and chihuahua too. :p

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
Yup. Use this all the time in the Model 3. There is an "on" option where the climate control continues after you exit the car. Definitely nice on the hot days when you run into the store
Sponsored