Don't Park So Close To Me!

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
New phenomenon I've noticed - close parking. In addition to people pulling along side me asking me to roll my window down to chat about the car, I've taken to parking far away from the store or whatever, far from other cars, only to come out to find several cars have passed close spots to park near me and get a good look at Shadowfax here.

This morning, I parked FAR from the front at Target. There were probably 50 spots closer. When I got back, there were THREE cars parked next to mine. One had a woman sitting in it taking a video of the car, pretending that she wasn't. And then the alarm went off when I opened the door, so I'm guessing that some of these fools were touching it, trying to get a look at the interior.

As Barkley would say, "I'm turred of it!"* And lord help the one of ya that puts a scratch in my door!

Don't park,
Don't park so,
Don't park so close to me!

* I'm not really tired of it. I know it's a HOT car. ;) Not tired of it YET.
Sponsored

bburk00

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'68 Mustang, 2021 MME FE, 2022 MME GTPE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've had the same issue. My funniest interaction though, I was sitting at a stop light in my CG FE and a younger guy driving a mid 2010s RAM glanced at me going cross traffic, then almost wrecked his truck when his head whipped back around to stare.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I used to park far away from entrances with my convertible, and that continues with the Mach E.

My wife takes the opposite tactic, and it cost us about $800 in door damage when some smacked ass let a cart go on a hill above where she parked. She still has dings and nicks in the other 3 doors... not gonna happen to my baby!

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I find that the harder I try to avoid people in parking lots the more I stick out like a sore thumb. When you're noticed positive and negative attention can find you easily. My strategy is park next to or between 2 other nice cars and try and blend in, steer clear of the beaters. I took that approach with my 13 year old Altima coupe. I had no significant dings until a week before I was going to sell it (go figure).

Good luck to you guys, the first battle scar is always the most painful.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I had the same thing happen this weekend! Parked well away from the building, came back out to find this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Don't Park So Close To Me! 20210423_203627

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I had my first battle scar delivered by my daughter as she opened my wife's rear passenger door in the garage. I have since had it repaired for $175, but it was worth it.

I park as far away as I can get from any entrance. I don't mind getting the steps in. I do occasionally come out to find someone next to me which causes me to closely inspect my CG FE.

It is amazing the amount of angst this thing causes me. I had to drop my wife and daughters off at Starbucks on Sunday, pulling right up front in between two cars (which isn't like me these days). It got really busy with both cars along side of me wanting to move and traffic driving behind me. First open opportunity I had to move away from everyone and park two aisles away.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I park as far away as I can get from any entrance. I don't mind getting the steps in. I do occasionally come out to find someone next to me which causes me to closely inspect my CG FE.
guilty as charged here!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
My problem is that I’ll park far away, next to an island, so that there’s only one chance for someone to park next to me and, wouldn’t you know it, some crappy beater always ends up parking next to me, even though there’s a sea of empty parking spaces closer to the store! WTF! ?

GatorCat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
This guy was so close I had to snap a pic. I tried to use active park to extract me from this parallel spot, when then guy who apparently was in the car pulled up a few feet. So then the Mach E freaks out mid extraction and I had to cancel the automatic maneuver halfway and pull out. Weird and lame!

FABFE8F2-138F-4388-805E-6C63BD4DBB57.jpeg
Sponsored