Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
Yes, I had FDRS done and ALL updates were done at dealer before I picked it up except for the 3 listed here. Dealer said that if the updates were not part of the BC module recall they would not do it.

1651068440097.png
Your dealer had your car for two weeks for the sole purpose of updating its software (i.e. can't blame the timeframe on pandemic parts delays), and they still failed to install all updates?!

To your general question, no, my job2's autolock has worked flawlessly, whether with PaaK or fob

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, I have to ask. Is the fob you let the dealer use still in the car?

buddha34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium XR AWD
Country flag
Similar experience after getting a dealer update. Still works, just doesn't seem as reliable. Works about 60% of the time, the other 40% I keep listening/watching, then end up walking back and locking it with the fob. Haven't experimented to see if its range is somehow longer.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Similar experience after getting a dealer update. Still works, just doesn't seem as reliable. Works about 60% of the time, the other 40% I keep listening/watching, then end up walking back and locking it with the fob. Haven't experimented to see if its range is somehow longer.
Same here. Worked flawlessly for 34k miles then I was stupid enough to let the dealer update my car. What a shit show. Now my walk away auto lock works about 60 percent of the time. For the life of me, I can't understand why Ford wants to break stuff that works perfectly fine. Just doesn't make sense to me. ????

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Been a long time without any replies here, but I now have the same issue. It cropped up after the 4.1.2 OTA update. After walking away, the car eventually locks about 2 minutes later. Someone on the forum said there was a timeout feature, but I've not seen anything in the manual about that and no one at Ford confirmed that.

Someone in the Ford Pass Dept. did a test and reported that I need the following module update:

SSM 50845
MME paak concerns
DTC in THE RFA MODULE

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
< No PAAK but I noticed that after I had the hatch open unloading stuff when I walked away it didn't lock. Like I had to walk away within X amount of time or it'd just bail on the whole routine. I usually get to my laundry room door before it locked. But come to think of it that's been only 1 or 2 times I've ever backed into the driveway. Maybe it's range is further from behind than the front.

I'm far to impatient to wait 2 minutes for it to lock.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I use FOB only, no PAAK, and it locks consistently when I am about 15 feet away.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
< No PAAK but I noticed that after I had the hatch open unloading stuff when I walked away it didn't lock. Like I had to walk away within X amount of time or it'd just bail on the whole routine. I usually get to my laundry room door before it locked. But come to think of it that's been only 1 or 2 times I've ever backed into the driveway. Maybe it's range is further from behind than the front.

I'm far to impatient to wait 2 minutes for it to lock.
If you get out of range before the hatch is fully closed, it’s not going to lock. Or any door, for that matter.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Started seeing this inconsistently showing up on my 2023. I will be walking away as normal and most of the time I hear the horn notification, but there have been times where I've walked far away and nothing...

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
Same on my 2022. Drive to Starbucks, park the car, walk across the lot into store, no auto lock/honk. Makes me nervous as hell because anyone can just open a door while I'm away. No issues when using the fob. I'm pressing the lock button on the drivers door to lock when using PAAK and walking away.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
When was your car built? Was it eligible for the PAAK CSP? If so was that done? Same with the 21P22 CSP, if eligible.
PAAK CSP is what killed the safe part of PAAK, the walk-away lock feature.

Sure, it will lock, but not walk-away, it locks after 2:30 seconds or something similar.

It used to lock after about 10 parking spaces, now it takes a whole parking lot.
Then I experimented. It's not walking away locking, it's timing out locking. I can walk the same 10-15 parking spaces and just wait, it will eventually fold the mirrors and honk at me.

That's *not* walk-away lock.

Thankfully, it no longer tells me it can't find the key, and the walk-up unlock has never failed me.

Now I just rub the 🔒 lock on the pillars like some Aladdin hoping for a wish...