Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
I use the key fob and do not have PAAK set up. I am able to lock the car using the lock symbol on the drivers side door pillar with my key fob inside the car. I did that last night inadvertently . When I discovered it this morning at first I was unsure of how I was going to get into the car. Then I remembered I had set up a code for using the number pad on the door pillar.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Most cars I have had will not lock with the key fob left inside the car.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I use the key fob and do not have PAAK set up. I am able to lock the car using the lock symbol on the drivers side door pillar with my key fob inside the car. I did that last night inadvertently . When I discovered it this morning at first I was unsure of how I was going to get into the car. Then I remembered I had set up a code for using the number pad on the door pillar.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Most cars I have had will not lock with the key fob left inside the car.
This has been a Ford feature for decades. You have to lock the car with either the lock symbol, and the keypad on the door. If you hit inside door lock button and close the door with the fob inside, it won't lock.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag

I think a good thing. My wife will always want to leave her purse in the car when we are out, and who ever knows if her keys are in it. In our highlander the car remains unlocked even though I hit the fob button while walking away. In the Mach-E it locks like I asked.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
I think it's a good thing. I first came across this feature in my Lincoln and loved it and said I would always have that on my car in the future. At that time, I didn't know it was only a feature available in Fords. So, now I'm on my second Ford product (with the Mach-e).

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

It should not lock unless it detects another fob outside the car, or you use the 7-8/9-0 keys.

Since you have an early build car, you should have the door modules, RFA, and BCM updated to fix the issue. 21P22 updates will take care of this if you haven't had it done yet.

My car will not lock with the lock button when the fob is inside. I have the updated software.

Mach Tuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 23 MME GT, 08 Mustang GT Vert, 19 Audi Q7
Country flag
One of my favorite Ford features

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It should only lock with fob in the car if you hit 7/8 and 9/0 buttons together. Was this what you were doing? Otherwise maybe old software. I believe this doesn't do it on newer cars.

OP
OP
Tbird

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
It should not lock unless it detects another fob outside the car, or you use the 7-8/9-0 keys.

Since you have an early build car, you should have the door modules, RFA, and BCM updated to fix the issue. 21P22 updates will take care of this if you haven't had it done yet.

My car will not lock with the lock button when the fob is inside. I have the updated software.
I have had the 21P22 update a few weeks ago and this just happened yesterday. It is not really a problem but the next time I have the car at the dealer I will tell them about it and see what they say.

OP
OP
Tbird

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
It should only lock with fob in the car if you hit 7/8 and 9/0 buttons together. Was this what you were doing? Otherwise maybe old software. I believe this doesn't do it on newer cars.
No, I used the button on the outside with the lock symbol. No other fob was near the car and it did lock with my key fob inside the car. Not a problem but I will check into it further the next time the car is at the dealer.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Because of the funkiness of PAAK, my fob is permanently in the center console and I lock my car this way every day. If it doesn’t unlock later with PAAK, I use the code.

this is a feature, not a bug.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Because of the funkiness of PAAK, my fob is permanently in the center console and I lock my car this way every day. If it doesn’t unlock later with PAAK, I use the code.

this is a feature, not a bug.
It's an excellent feature. Allows bikers and swimmers to stash a key reasonably securely and lock the car instead of leaving the key somewhere easily found.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Learn something new every day.
Just went put and checked. You are right, only way to lock the car with the fob inside is with the B-Pillar buttons. It used to lock with the icon or interior lock switch but like you said, that was changed via update.

Good to know. đź‘Ť
Sponsored