Driving through water / deep puddles with Mach-E ?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I love these Rufford videos - the things people try in their cars!

I’m confused. Is no one warning these people? They just stand around and wait for people to ruin their cars?

cdiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I’m confused. Is no one warning these people? They just stand around and wait for people to ruin their cars?
If the signs, depth gauge, and the existence of an audience aren't sufficient warning, I don't think some random person shouting is going to change matters.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Omg look at it go! Didn’t even hesitate! Must be a British thing.
That particular day the water level was not that deep. Let's see the Mach-E do it when the depth is twice that level!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
As mentioned there is a depth gauge at the deepest point of the crossing clearly showing how deep the water is, there are numerous road signs warning of the river/road crossing before you get anywhere near it, and there are Road Closed signs that get flipped into action when the water gets over a certain level….. but there are still people who try to drive through it when they shouldn’t.

It’s become a bizarre tourist attraction because of it. There are also people with modified vehicles who like to show off by driving through at great speed soaking all the people watching from the footbridge.

Welcome to England my friend 🤪 🤣

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
As mentioned there is a depth gauge at the deepest point of the crossing clearly showing how deep the water is, there are numerous road signs warning of the river/road crossing before you get anywhere near it, and there are Road Closed signs that get flipped into action when the water gets over a certain level….. but there are still people who try to drive through it when they shouldn’t.

It’s become a bizarre tourist attraction because of it. There are also people with modified vehicles who like to show off by driving through at great speed soaking all the people watching from the footbridge.

Welcome to England my friend 🤪 🤣
I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, so I'm confused. There's a footbridge that is high enough for people to walk across. Wouldn't it make sense to also build a car bridge at the same height?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, so I'm confused. There's a footbridge that is high enough for people to walk across. Wouldn't it make sense to also build a car bridge at the same height?
Well yeah - that would be the logical solution 🤣

These unbridged Fords are quite common on countryside back roads in the UK. They’re just really really really old roads.

In most cases there is a modern road that will bridge the river somewhere nearby, but the old roads still exist because in normal weather conditions the stream across the road will be just a trickle. Only when it floods does it become a problem.

Here’s a pic of Rufford in normal conditions…

Ford Mustang Mach-E Driving through water / deep puddles with Mach-E ? F5B02BED-2E7B-438B-ACC5-96BC19257AA8

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well yeah - that would be the logical solution 🤣

These unbridged Fords are quite common on countryside back roads in the UK. They’re just really really really old roads.

In most cases there is a modern road that will bridge the river somewhere nearby, but the old roads still exist because in normal weather conditions the stream across the road will be just a trickle. Only when it floods does it become a problem.

Here’s a pic of Rufford in normal conditions…

Ford Mustang Mach-E Driving through water / deep puddles with Mach-E ? F5B02BED-2E7B-438B-ACC5-96BC19257AA8
Frankly, that makes me even more confused! 😜

If the water flows all the time, that means they had to pour hydraulic concrete in the water, divert the tributary to put the road in, or use pre-cast slabs. It seems like making an actual bridge would have been easier and cheaper - especially since being submerged all the time has to cause issues for the roadbed.

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
There are still a few low water bridges across the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers, and a few small streams around where I live in NW Va. They get closed when completely covered with water, but it isn't unusual for some of the shorter crossings to remain open when there is only a small amount of water over them. I've driven over some in other states where the roadway is almost always covered in flowing water.

I'd have no qualms driving across any of them in my Mach E.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I love these Rufford videos - the things people try in their cars!

Lmao at the blue 4x4 that said screw it I’ll just drive down the river 😂.
the Nissan truck and Land Rover near the end did it properly though. Create a wake and stay behind it.

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
Have seen other users post that driving fast through deep puddles ripped the "felt like" under carriage covering of the MME. This note in the manual probably relates to that.
I drove through a pretty deep puddle and the felt on the bottom of my Mach-E was definitely ripped. Had to buy new plastic push-ins to reattach what was left. I hate that Ford put felt, a water absorbant material, on the bottom of a CAR!
Sponsored