grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Ok! Are they building the cars and then parking them up for months as the ship is booked for march/april!
I wouldn't believe anything dealers say at the moment. I don't think they know for sure. There are ships leaving Veracruz on a regular basis. I can't see Ford making a car and then parking it up for months. It is not cost effective. They need to get them shipped asap so they can get paid for them.
It also depends a lot on internal delivery schedules. This is generally out of Ford's control. I tracked my Kuga from build date to gate release to shipped to discharge. The car come from Valencia and took about a week to get to Southampton and then took 2 weeks to go 70 miles for delivery. 4 months, as @Ronald says is absurd.
Sponsored

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Shadow Black
Country flag
Just got a reply from Ardea/stern the dealer where I have ordered it, but he can't give me a build date yet. But he says Ford NL is still telling him cars will be arriving halfway February.

Seems their data is not up to date in any matter, next to that they can only inform in a reactive way. Doesn't really feels like you're buying a 60k car with them...

April would be messed up if that is true, but we'll probably hear more in the coming days then..

Ronald

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Peel P50
Country flag
I think Ford is playing safe with this (new) delivery date, given to every Dutch buyer.

There was written a promise in NL that the MME would be delivered before end of 2020 (low tax rate). Dutch law actually allows customers to cancel an order if t is delayed. Of course in this case Ford can invoke force majour, but even then this was a risk. Therefore Ford NL decided to give a 3k discount on all orders for which a delivery date of 2020 was issued.

So it make sense to pay on safe and dont make any false promises. Build date in December, store a car for 4 months and then deliver it end of April seems a bit overdone.

Zandje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat GTE, MME AWD TP+ Lucid Red (2021)
Country flag
Looks like most of the dutch orders are not scheduled yet while it seems that January is already scheduled for US/CA deliveries (a.o. from the FE drop compagn); I cannot imagine that they keep capacity free while they have our orders. The plan to deliver first to NL and maybe Norway and then to the rest of Europe might also not happen. Curious what the reason is for this: matter of supplies, issues with certification or just prioritization on North America.

Fyder Zewis

First Name
Fyder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4, ordered FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
My dealer just send me a printscreen: supposed build date Januar 4, 2021. Supposed delivery date at the dealer March 20, 2021.

F1Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
@Fyder Zewis; for both of you - when was your order date?

I am also curious if it matters if you bought the MME private or via leasecompany - Leaseplan still communicates end of March to me as well. Although I have no visibility on build dates or who even the dealer is of leaseplan...?

Fyder Zewis

First Name
Fyder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4, ordered FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
@Fyder Zewis; for both of you - when was your order date?

I am also curious if it matters if you bought the MME private or via leasecompany - Leaseplan still communicates end of March to me as well. Although I have no visibility on build dates or who even the dealer is of leaseplan...?
Reservation date January 25th, order date March 9. Delivery by Dutchlease. I don’t know if this maters.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Veracruz to Antwerp can be done in as little as 2 - 3 weeks depending on Port stop schedule. There is a Grimaldi ship leaving Veracruz on 21 Dec and gets to Antwerp on 12 Jan
That ship leaves to soon. so not much Mach-E's will be on it.

Just got a reply from Ardea/stern the dealer where I have ordered it, but he can't give me a build date yet. But he says Ford NL is still telling him cars will be arriving halfway February.

Seems their data is not up to date in any matter, next to that they can only inform in a reactive way. Doesn't really feels like you're buying a 60k car with them...

April would be messed up if that is true, but we'll probably hear more in the coming days then..
You should ask what the order and/or VIN tells in Vista (Ford system).

Looks like most of the dutch orders are not scheduled yet while it seems that January is already scheduled for US/CA deliveries (a.o. from the FE drop compagn); I cannot imagine that they keep capacity free while they have our orders. The plan to deliver first to NL and maybe Norway and then to the rest of Europe might also not happen. Curious what the reason is for this: matter of supplies, issues with certification or just prioritization on North America.
Incorrect.
Already saw 20 build dates myself in the Vista system of a Ford Dealer. Including my own order.
At that time, the production date was set 1-dec-2020 and planned delivery to dealer was 27-feb-2021.

I will contact the dealer next week (after 1-dec) to check if my car has been made.

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Shadow Black
Country flag
That ship leaves to soon. so not much Mach-E's will be on it.

You should ask what the order and/or VIN tells in Vista (Ford system).

Yeah he tells me he doesn't have that info yet ?
But he confirms it will be loaded on the first vessel because of my order number (ordered halfway Feb '20)

Hope your delivery info will be accurate, if it will be April that would mess things up..

RobertP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
I know from a different factory I visited they plan cars by color, since they only had two paint-streets and a different color meant cleaning the paint-street. That was back in 2010, but it was a pretty modern factory. Don;'t know if that's the case here as well?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I haven't seen yours in the database.

F1Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
My Mach-E is being build! :eek:

"primaryStatus": "In Order Processing",

to:
"primaryStatus": "In Production",
haha nice! So delivery in Feb?? And same question; did you order through leasecompany?
Sponsored