EA Charging Issue (session ends after 4kWh gained)

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
(I searched around and could not find a post on this issue...if it has already been discussed please let me know in the replies)

I have been having an issue with my Mach-E and the EA stations and I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this. I have noticed other makes and models using these stations at the same time I have been without issue so I am wondering if it is a Mach-E thing.

When attempting to charge, the vehicle will connect and charge but only until 4kWh has been added to the car, then I get a message inside the car letting me know that charging has stopped. Each time, it works perfectly fine until we get to 4kWh and then it stops for no reason. There are no errors showing in the car or on the station. The station will just show a message saying thank you and to unplug the vehicle before the 10-minute grace period and I get the same notification in the EA app. This started yesterday afternoon (7/18/2022) and happened with 5 different stations at 3 different EA locations, each time only charging up until 4kWh has been added. I am not using plug and charge, this has all been with the EA app.

I called EA support and they can't see any faults on their end. I worked with them until we tried 3 separate stations and then they gave up and told me to speak with my dealer (after crediting me with complimentary charging). Spoke with the dealer today and they are baffled too.

Any ideas? Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Jscotty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago at an EA station. It happened twice at two different units that day. It was at a place a donā€™t normally charge at so just thought the unit was bad or just too hot out. I havenā€™t had the issue come up again since though.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
(I searched around and could not find a post on this issue...if it has already been discussed please let me know in the replies)

I have been having an issue with my Mach-E and the EA stations and I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this. I have noticed other makes and models using these stations at the same time I have been without issue so I am wondering if it is a Mach-E thing.

When attempting to charge, the vehicle will connect and charge but only until 4kWh has been added to the car, then I get a message inside the car letting me know that charging has stopped. Each time, it works perfectly fine until we get to 4kWh and then it stops for no reason. There are no errors showing in the car or on the station. The station will just show a message saying thank you and to unplug the vehicle before the 10-minute grace period and I get the same notification in the EA app. This started yesterday afternoon (7/18/2022) and happened with 5 different stations at 3 different EA locations, each time only charging up until 4kWh has been added. I am not using plug and charge, this has all been with the EA app.

I called EA support and they can't see any faults on their end. I worked with them until we tried 3 separate stations and then they gave up and told me to speak with my dealer (after crediting me with complimentary charging). Spoke with the dealer today and they are baffled too.

Any ideas? Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks for your help!
Maybe someone can see if youā€™ve got any DTCs stored, should let us know whatā€™s going on with the car

OP
OP
Mantooth

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe someone can see if youā€™ve got any DTCs stored, should let us know whatā€™s going on with the car
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a DTC?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

OP
OP
Mantooth

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Of course. Dealership says no DTCs stored.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can MME's only be charged when the outside temp is 70 +/- 5 degrees?

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
There was a fault with EA yesterday afternoon at 5 PM EDT. Any members trying to initiate a charge with their phone or otherwise a charge started but then cut off after approximately 2-3 minutes. My wife spent 1.5 hours at a station in Jackson TN on the phone with EA "customer service" only to find this out later last night. A charge could have been initiated and continue as a guest and paying with cc.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There was a fault with EA yesterday afternoon at 5 PM EDT. Any members trying to initiate a charge with their phone or otherwise a charge started but then cut off after approximately 2-3 minutes. My wife spent 1.5 hours at a station in Jackson TN on the phone with EA "customer service" only to find this out later last night. A charge could have been initiated and continue as a guest and paying with cc.
That likely means that plug & charge would have worked too. I think it was an EA network error, I had heard about this from someone else.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Iā€™d try it again in a few days if itā€™s still happening, sounds like there was actually an EA network issue.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I charged when the car said it was 105, straight off the interstate after having driven 200+ miles, 20%-85%, no issue.
I charged after driving on the Interstate at 116 degress and got stranded in El Centro as car would not charge. Car did have a lot of miles almost 300 at the time. Maybe it was worn out.

OP
OP
Mantooth

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tried EA again todayā€¦same station as yesterday without issue. Guess the network issue is resolved!
Sponsored