chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
you can physically check the 12 volt battery in the frunk by removing the top panel, I seem to recall a link on this forum detailing how . You can then check the battery directly with a voltmeter
Sponsored

Gevorg

First Name
Gevorg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Occupation
gev
Country flag
SSM 49545 - 2020 Escape, 2020-2021 Corsair, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang Mach-E – Various Warning Messages With Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) C1B00:62 In Power SteeringControl Module (PSCM)

Some 2020 Escape, 2020-2021 Corsair, 2021 Bronco Sport and 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit DTC C1B00:62 present in the PSCM with any of the following messages displayed: Service Advance Trac, Hill Start Assist Not Available, Lane Keeping Sys. Malfunction Service Required, or Pre-Collision Assist Not Available. This may be due to a disconnected or discharged battery, recent PSCM or anti-lock brake system (ABS) module reprogram or configuration, or loss of ABS communication to the PSCM. The Workshop Manual pinpoint test is in the process of being updated and replacement of the electronic power assist steering (EPAS) column is not necessary. To clear the DTC, drive the vehicle straight for 30 seconds at speeds over 50 km/h (30 mph). Cycle the ignition on/off once complete. For claiming use causal part 3C529.
SSM 49545 - 2020 Escape, 2020-2021 Corsair, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang Mach-E – Various Warning Messages With Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) C1B00:62 In Power SteeringControl Module (PSCM)

Some 2020 Escape, 2020-2021 Corsair, 2021 Bronco Sport and 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit DTC C1B00:62 present in the PSCM with any of the following messages displayed: Service Advance Trac, Hill Start Assist Not Available, Lane Keeping Sys. Malfunction Service Required, or Pre-Collision Assist Not Available. This may be due to a disconnected or discharged battery, recent PSCM or anti-lock brake system (ABS) module reprogram or configuration, or loss of ABS communication to the PSCM. The Workshop Manual pinpoint test is in the process of being updated and replacement of the electronic power assist steering (EPAS) column is not necessary. To clear the DTC, drive the vehicle straight for 30 seconds at speeds over 50 km/h (30 mph). Cycle the ignition on/off once complete. For claiming use causal part 3C529.

Gevorg

First Name
Gevorg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Occupation
gev
Country flag
steering angle sensor

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Had exact same issue when driving my new MME home. Turned out to be a faulty module. Took a month to get the part but that did fix it. Now never had the 12v battery issue until a week ago. Now twice have come out to a dead car. The odd thing is i have seen in the ford app that it was charging the 12v battery.
and?...

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'96 Cobra, Prius, Ford F750, Premium Mach-E
Occupation
Broker, Realtor
Country flag
I had something similar happen to my vehicle but only after having it home from the dealer for about 12 hours, maybe 40 miles on the car. When I picked it up they couldn’t connect FordPass to the car so I was scheduled to bring it back in a few days for an update.
I drove it maybe 20-30 miles that day and on my way home that evening all the errors began popping up and I lost power steering. I managed to drive it home and called the dealer in the morning.
Thankfully my dealer is amazing, he came the next morning and picked it up and brought me a loaner.
After reading this thread I sent the dealer over a couple of screen shots from some who posted here to help them along… since this is new to everyone.
here is the update I got today:
Good morning Mrs. Arsenault! UPDATE: The electrical technician completed the Phone as Key programming and once your vehicle is returned to you, you can then attempt the Ford Pass set up. The Steering error lights are still present and has been verified that module is not communicating the Steering system which is where the Pak Aid sensor failure is coming from. One of the last SSM's you sent to me does not apply because you do not have any of the referenced codes due to the module not communicating. This one being one of the first Mach E Mustangs in service, we will have to open communication with Engineers to further assist in repairs. So we are looking at at least a few days to a week. I will send details as they are available. Thank you and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

I’m glad to know they pin pointed the issue so hopefully it’s not on going. Video attached

Doug in ATL

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I just had same issue. All same warning lights. Had drivetrain power, AC and such but no power steering. Towed to Jim Ellis Ford in Sandy Springs. I’ve forwarded this thread to service advisor and await word on issue.

Doug in ATL

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Did anyone's get fixed yet?
Dealer called this am and good news/bad news. They know the is issue is with the power steering module. The bad news is the part is back ordered one month. So the car I started making payments on 7 days ago will sit at the dealership for at least a month awaiting the part. Any bets on whether the part will be available in a month? Any others with this issue? I think Ford is selling cars they know have faulty hardware to as to not delay deliveries by a month.
I plan to seek restitution.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
How's the charge level on your 12v battery? Because I think the modules that monitor all that stuff run on the 12v battery. I think I'd be suspicious of that.
Same with hybrids. On my fusion hybrid my 12v started going bad and all kinds of weird things started happening, it freaks you out thinking the car is going to need major work done and it's just a new battery.

Reactions: ARK

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Dealer called this am and good news/bad news. They know the is issue is with the power steering module. The bad news is the part is back ordered one month. So the car I started making payments on 7 days ago will sit at the dealership for at least a month awaiting the part. Any bets on whether the part will be available in a month? Any others with this issue? I think Ford is selling cars they know have faulty hardware to as to not delay deliveries by a month.
I plan to seek restitution.
Open a case with Ford customer service and ask for the first months payment to be covered. They will do it.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
We purchased a 2021 Ford Mustang Mach e premium extended range model with 20 miles on the odometer. On our way home from dealership while traveling 65 mph with 55 miles on the odometer the vehicle started flashing the following codes listed below on the dash screen.

1) Service vehicle soon
2) Pre collision assist not available
3) AWD fault Service required
4) 1 Pedal Drive fault, Press brake pedal to reduce speed
5) Stop safely now
6) Service Advance Trac
7) Full accessory power active

The car now has 1500 miles and this same thing has happened 5 more times. It seems like this happens more frequently at slower speeds with 1 pedal drive active when you are releasing your foot from accelerator pedal and preparing to stop. When this happens at slower speeds while preparing to stop at a stop sign the vehicle makes some very strange sounds like electrical motors clashing and the vehicle jerks back and forth very quickly several times. This has also happened at higher speeds with auto pilot active. I have noticed the weird sounds out the vehicle jerking back and forth when at higher speeds, 60 mph +. Only at slower speeds when preparing to stop.

When this happens the following messages appear on the ford pass app.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical issues, broken Mach e trim.48EC4F74-A2B3-4B03-90DA-933444FD9818.MOV
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical issues, broken Mach e trim.48EC4F74-A2B3-4B03-90DA-933444FD9818.MOV

The vehicle has been back into the Ford service shop twice and is currently at the Ford dealership now.
Ford has not been able to figure out what is causing this to happen. Please let me know your thoughts and or recommendations. Any help would be appreciated.
Good afternoon! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN? I would like to see what I can do to assist you with these error codes.

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'96 Cobra, Prius, Ford F750, Premium Mach-E
Occupation
Broker, Realtor
Country flag
1 month update for me. Got a call from service/parts yesterday that the part that had been ordered to replace my steering module was cancelled and replaced with a new part by Ford. Apparently they've still had issues with that part, so I'm thankful it was discovered before it was put back in my car only to have issues again. They estimate arrival of the part August 17th... so will be about 2 months total... possibly. The manager said they'd help me open a ticket with customer service regarding payments or something. Kinda hurts paying for a car you don't have. On the bright side they have provided a loaner this entire time. I know it all could be much worse, so just trying to be patient and look on the bright side!
Attached is the original parts ordered but have since been cancelled and replaced (don't have a copy yet of new part numbers).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical issues, broken Mach e MME Steerin

Jwallace33

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Same thing happening to me. I bought my Mach E last week (5 days ago) and this morning I could not drive it because the steering wheel wouldn’t turn and a bunch of sensors were on. Just a complete nightmare

DBA67A1F-1A23-43C0-860E-57FAF3162C1B.png
Sponsored