Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
A little annoying that they located it 2 miles off the interstate though.
Yes. As I recall the exit is 253, but seemed 252 would have been closer. Caseys workers said there is no direct roads from 252 to Caseys though. Frump!:rolleyes:
Sponsored

Paloverdejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Select RWD
Occupation
Retired Train Operator
Country flag
Iā€™m the nobody that Rob needs to send out on a REAL road trip and he can stay in his office running the company. Like has already been said his staff knew the routing he would take and make it as painless as possible. My latest trip t California was an eye opener. Indio and El Centro was a zoo.

Paloverdejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Select RWD
Occupation
Retired Train Operator
Country flag
Too bad Rob (CEO of EA) didnā€™t take the route through Tuba City, AZ and require Grandma Begay unplug her griddle so he could get a quick charge.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Walmart parking, only three cars are charging out of five. Tesla parked and not charging, and Nissan Armada (I didn't know they already electrified it šŸ˜…). And that's a usual situation, because parking is close to Walmart entrance and people just want to park their cars there, and neither store guards, nor police do anything about it. EA can build chargers at every Walmart location and people will still have nowhere to charge.
1683333068629.png
Bad idea to place the chargers anywhere close to the store entrance. Fortunately the vast majority of EA chargers at Walmarts don't do that. I've used over 70 different EA stations now (over half have been at Walmarts) and very few have been near the entrance. And I almost never see a non-EV parked in the way.

I'm sure it happens in some locations (especially California), but it's been very rare in my 30,000 MME road trip miles the last 2 years.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Too bad Rob (CEO of EA) didnā€™t take the route through Tuba City, AZ and require Grandma Begay unplug her griddle so he could get a quick charge.
We made Tuba City the hotel stop on our trip through that route (Monument Valley, Four Corners, etc) for that very reason. Moenkopi Legacy Inn has 3 L2 chargers.

EA is also adding a station at the Grand Canyon south entrance.

Paloverdejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Select RWD
Occupation
Retired Train Operator
Country flag
We made Tuba City the hotel stop on our trip through that route (Monument Valley, Four Corners, etc) for that very reason. Moenkopi Legacy Inn has 3 L2 chargers.

EA is also adding a station at the Grand Canyon south entrance.
That lodge in Tuba City is gorgeous. They need to get a charging station at Jacobs Lake for those wanting to visit the north rim of the canyon.

OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That lodge in Tuba City is gorgeous. They need to get a charging station at Jacobs Lake for those wanting to visit the north rim of the canyon.
I wish they would put charging stations in rest areas. It would be so convenient for long trips.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
They were probably rebooting every station within miles of him as he drove. Hope something comes of it. I've been lucky so far but this weekend I was juggling chargers at Wally World because 3 of 4 were working and I picked the one that wasn't. It was eye opening for my wife though. Who may or may not be taking Casper for a couple trips up north this month.

Indio and El Centro was a zoo.
I'm glad i didn't try that when I went to SD in March. Though Gila Bend's Tesla chargers.. please magic dock them, please!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You mean like this?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America's CEO-Elect Takes Coast-To-Coast Road Trip (Using Electrify America Chargers) 1683571963570

Your larger point is that it's rare, but here in Elk Grove CA it is what it is.
Yes, like that. That's like 80 feet from the doors, right up there as close as the handicap spots. Just invites ICEing when they put them that close.

I've seen a few that close, but most are further away. I have seen a number that are off to that side, but 2-3 more rows to the outside and about halfway down the row. That seems to be a common choice for them. That works pretty well.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
"Yes, it's safe to charge in the rain..."

But we should not need foul weather gear to do it...

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Yes, like that. That's like 80 feet from the doors, right up there as close as the handicap spots. Just invites ICEing when they put them that close.

I've seen a few that close, but most are further away. I have seen a number that are off to that side, but 2-3 more rows to the outside and about halfway down the row. That seems to be a common choice for them. That works pretty well.
Before I got my car I scoped it out and it had been ICEd. The one time I tried it after I got the car it wasn't. Of course, I'm charging at home by default, so this isn't a site I'd normally use.

Phil Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clarity
Country flag
The whole "Let's start a nationwide network charging establishment by penalizing VW" has been a disaster. VW/EA has little interest in seeing this through and when their responsibilities sunset, then what? This is not how it should have started.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The whole "Let's start a nationwide network charging establishment by penalizing VW" has been a disaster. VW/EA has little interest in seeing this through and when their responsibilities sunset, then what? This is not how it should have started.
I disagree. If not for that, we wouldn't own an EV at all. Neither would many thousands of others. Because we effectively wouldn't be able to road trip it. There wouldn't be a fraction as much DCFC coverage on the nation's interstates.

The $2 billion dumped in EA's lap to build a DCFC network has been a godsend for EVs. Warts notwithstanding.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Clearly heā€™s never been in the Sierra Nevada / Tahoe area. You have to dig out the chargers from the snow.
Sponsored