Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I get the ā€˜habitā€™ question. At least he realized it. šŸ˜Š. Mine was genuinely ignorant of the situation- not meaning the word in a bad way. When I laughed and declined, stating that there was no oil in it, he looked at me like I was from Mars. This started the education discussion (me enlightening him). To be fair, I was his first Mach-Eā€¦..and I was gentle with him. šŸ˜‚

The dealership overall was phenomenal to deal withā€¦.but this was perhaps their ā€˜embarrassingā€™ discovery.
I totally agree. You have to be humble and gentle when you point embarrassing situations. My dealer from the begining of the ordering process was receptive and doubtful. I explained that I can help with their questions and advised them how to treat this new vehicle to their advantage. Also to educate their one or two sales persons of what this new vehicle IS and NOT IS.
Now they can't get enough of them and whenever they have one at hand, it disappears within 3 days. They learned quick. Two days ago they delivered my F150 Lightning. They are up to speed now. Even today they ask me.....are you willing to sell that Mach E to us? The answer is NO but they keep trying.
I bet you're having your neighbors asking a lot of questions. Be careful what you promise them.
I have a list now of all my neighbors who want a test drive. I think I made a BIG mistake.

sduff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I picked up my '22 Mach E at the dealer in March this year. The heater was working fine but eventually when I shifted to A/C mode the car just wasn't cooling down to a comfortable temp. I finally discovered that the upper vents had been closed on the production line so I never could get good cooling until I opened them.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I kinda knew how to turn off the speed sign recognition it the adaptive cruise control, but I never bothered to turn off/set tolerance up for it, and since I only recently started using it, I just got annoyed with it enough to actually use it properly.
When you get a substantial OTA update, those settings revert to default and you may want to revisit those settings again. Ford gives a gentle warning that after an update is performed, things don't always return to your personal settings.

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2017 Outback, 2010 Jetta
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
When you get a substantial OTA update, those settings revert to default and you may want to revisit those settings again. Ford gives a gentle warning that after an update is performed, things don't always return to your personal settings.
I just had 1-penal get turned off for the second time after an update/reset. Also the crash detection sensitivity got set to low instead of the high that I had it set to.

On the upside, one of the update/resets fixed my front passenger door that would not unlock unless another door was opened first. But what giveth also taketh - after a subsequent update/reset, my driver's door started with that nonsense. Thankfully the more recent update seems to have fixed that.

IMO there should be a warning that needs to be dismissed before you can shift out of park.

Although it seemed like my 1-pedal turned back on when I pressed a different seat memory and then pressed the one linked to my profile. The crash detection sensitivity did not go back to my previous setting, though.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I just had 1-penal get turned off for the second time after an update/reset. Also the crash detection sensitivity got set to low instead of the high that I had it set to.

On the upside, one of the update/resets fixed my front passenger door that would not unlock unless another door was opened first. But what giveth also taketh - after a subsequent update/reset, my driver's door started with that nonsense. Thankfully the more recent update seems to have fixed that.

IMO there should be a warning that needs to be dismissed before you can shift out of park.

Although it seemed like my 1-pedal turned back on when I pressed a different seat memory and then pressed the one linked to my profile. The crash detection sensitivity did not go back to my previous setting, though.
I always go back and check my settings when an OTA update arrives, especially the ones for BC and updating the algorithms of acceleration and braking. It is a given now. Once you get comfortable with the process, you understand why EVs are different and why Tesla had and has an advantage over everyone. Their fans understand and embrace the Tesla tech while others are uncomfortable.

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I found out the button in the frunk glows in the dark but doesn't do anything when I get in there, close the hood, and push it.*

Yeah I'm jes messin' with you. I'm way too fat for the frunk.

* 2021 Job 1... Still no electronic frunk activation.
The button is if a kid(only size who can fit in frunk) gets locked inside. The lit button unlocks the frunk. The frunk can also be a cooler when camping. That is why it has a drain hole in the bottom.

dimes4slim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium,18 Beetle Dune-now sold
Occupation
Retired Bean Counter
Country flag
Yep. When you run the windshield washers, a little nozzle pokes out of the front of the car and cleans your front camera. Had the car for a year and had no idea.

Itā€™s honestly adorable:

But the poor horse hates it!

RRM_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GT, 19 Bullitt, 07 Mustang GT
Country flag
Yes, he has folding side mirrors. And as I wrote, he did it once. I must say at that moment I had some female passengers, so perhaps that's why he did something extra? šŸ˜
Need to have the parking brake on.

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
There are multiple places on my regular drives where lane markings force a terrible drive line, you cross lines to go around a left turning vehicle, and bad painting leads to false alerts. Having any kind of warnings turned on leads to a cacophony of alerts. Every single one of those instances is, for me, a reason to turn it off. YMMV, of course.

I'm not against BC - it has it's uses, but it does seem to be awfully hit or miss and complex to turn on if you're not a habitual user. While I wouldn't say I'll never use it, it is much less likely that I will unless or until it's as quick as just clicking down on the stalk twice, like in the Tesla.

I do have to take a moment and compliment you on your incredible, encyclopedic knowledge of the MME. Truly impressive, and a hell of a resource, so thanks for that.
I love BC and hands free. I wanted to test how far it would take me hands free and it was hands-free for 10 miles before I had to exit. Probably would have gone several more miles.

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
We picked our MME out after test driving lots of vehicles (mostly ICE). The MME was just the better vehicle and we had to talk ourselves into the EV part, initially seeing it as a negative for road trips. What we didn't know until after getting the MME:
  • There was $7,500 tax credit
  • Adaptive cruise control we were used to, but on the way home from the dealership discovered the hands free / bluecruise mode. Pretty cool. ;)
  • It had 2 motors (front and back) (AWD model)
  • Took a few days to find that cubby hold under the charger
In our defense we put most of our evaluation in getting a new car in how it drives during a test drive, cargo capacity, apparent quality, reviews, etc. though admittedly it was pretty embarrassing realizing some features people are really excited about (bluecruise, tax credit) we didn't even know about.
In Texas they also give $2500 tax credit in addition to the $7500. So check with your state. You might get additional credit. :)

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
My Alexa works when driving.
You're learning about the vehicle. Be inquisitive and you going to find many more things about your Mach E. You have joined the Force. Forget about the dark side. Go to the light.

Fsisung

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT, Volvo XC 90, Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A few months ago I was lamenting the fact that my car was so dark at night when entering/exiting the car. I didn't realize that there was a button next to the sunglasses holder that enables auto-on cabin lights!
Funny! Iā€™ve tried that button but for me it turns the lights on but they donā€™t go off. I even followed the manual. What am I doing wrong?

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Funny! Iā€™ve tried that button but for me it turns the lights on but they donā€™t go off. I even followed the manual. What am I doing wrong?
Sometimes you are not doing anything wrong.
Just ask around. One of us would have the answer. For me what pisses me off is that garage door opening tutorial. How many times do I have to climb a step ladder and run to the vehicle to make it work. Too many.!!!!!
Sponsored