Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Turn on all the features. There is no reason to not have lane-keeping on all the time. Turn on Cruise Control. As stated, when it's in a handsfree zone, it will tell you.
There are a hundred reasons not to have lane-keeping on at all times. I hate it being #1. I would never drive with it on in normal course driving.

Also, I do know where the button is to turn it on. Again, it's a question of when. I think I understand most of the when now, too (thanks to all for guidance). Nice feature to have, but not one that will get much use from me. YMMV.

I did have it on for a couple of minutes yesterday (had some ice cream to finish on the way home and wanted to check it out) and it does have a slightly lower pucker factor than Tesla's version. At the least, it's not so stuck to being dead-center in the lane, and can move from side to side to give a little space to cars in other lanes. At least, that's what it seemed like. May have just been weaving randomly or avoiding NY potholes, too.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
There are a hundred reasons not to have lane-keeping on at all times. I hate it being #1. I would never drive with it on in normal course driving.

Also, I do know where the button is to turn it on. Again, it's a question of when. I think I understand most of the when now, too (thanks to all for guidance). Nice feature to have, but not one that will get much use from me. YMMV.

I did have it on for a couple of minutes yesterday (had some ice cream to finish on the way home and wanted to check it out) and it does have a slightly lower pucker factor than Tesla's version. At the least, it's not so stuck to being dead-center in the lane, and can move from side to side to give a little space to cars in other lanes. At least, that's what it seemed like. May have just been weaving randomly or avoiding NY potholes, too.
I leave lane keeping on warning mode only at all times, so its always on, but only tells you with vibration and visual if you cross. Then when on highway its the 1 cruise control button and I am in BC.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

You seem like someone that will never use BlueCruise handsfree based on this.

I leave lane keeping on warning mode only at all times, so its always on, but only tells you with vibration and visual if you cross. Then when on highway its the 1 cruise control button and I am in BC.
Yes, there are 3 different settings I believe. Zero reason to turn it off IMO.

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
We were futzing around this morning with the not-so-convenient vent controls, and noticed they put a louvre, like the fake vent on the passenger side, behind the screen, which seems superfluous at best.

Then we noticed that behind the bottom part of the screen there's an inset panel that has a ridge almost like a little grab handle. IT kind of feels like a stop for a tilting screen, but the screen doesn't tilt (or does it?). Any idea what that's all about, or what's behind that panel? It could make an excellent little hidey hole, were one so inclined.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Embarrassing discoveries? Ixxm

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
There is no reason to not have lane-keeping on all the time.
This ⬇
I turn off lane keeping on side roads because I like having the speedometer centered in the display.
I always turn lane keeping off when I’m off a highway because I love the UI when the speedometer is centered. Mainly because then you get the battery bar in engage and the beautiful glowing deco diagrid in unbridled. 😍😍😍

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
You seem like someone that will never use BlueCruise handsfree based on this.

Yes, there are 3 different settings I believe. Zero reason to turn it off IMO.
There are multiple places on my regular drives where lane markings force a terrible drive line, you cross lines to go around a left turning vehicle, and bad painting leads to false alerts. Having any kind of warnings turned on leads to a cacophony of alerts. Every single one of those instances is, for me, a reason to turn it off. YMMV, of course.

I'm not against BC - it has it's uses, but it does seem to be awfully hit or miss and complex to turn on if you're not a habitual user. While I wouldn't say I'll never use it, it is much less likely that I will unless or until it's as quick as just clicking down on the stalk twice, like in the Tesla.

I do have to take a moment and compliment you on your incredible, encyclopedic knowledge of the MME. Truly impressive, and a hell of a resource, so thanks for that.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Thanks, and sorry.

Now I have to find the lanekeeping icon. I assume it's on the small screen- is it always visible? I never have lanekeeping turned on, and don't recall having seen the icon (not that I've looked for it).
If you don’t have lanekeeping turned on (I do and just leave it on), you won’t see the icon nor its color change. Yes, it’s on the bottom strip of the IPC (the speedometer cluster).

Okuma

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Grabber Blue "Blucifer"
Country flag
Anyone try to go in for an oil change? That would probably take the cake . . .
I gave my aging father a ride the day I brought my MME home. I told him, "As much fun as the car is, changing the spark plugs is a $#!@*." It took him a few minutes🤣

Last edited:

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Why don’t you have the dealer install it?
My dealers have thus far proven themselves to be pretty unknowing/unaware of the Mach-E and its issues, and I’ve seen more than a handful of reports on this very forum of people who took theirs in for the BlueCruise update and have had failed results. So, I’m waiting for the official OTAs.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
There are multiple places on my regular drives where lane markings force a terrible drive line, you cross lines to go around a left turning vehicle, and bad painting leads to false alerts. Having any kind of warnings turned on leads to a cacophony of alerts. Every single one of those instances is, for me, a reason to turn it off. YMMV, of course.

I'm not against BC - it has it's uses, but it does seem to be awfully hit or miss and complex to turn on if you're not a habitual user. While I wouldn't say I'll never use it, it is much less likely that I will unless or until it's as quick as just clicking down on the stalk twice, like in the Tesla.

I do have to take a moment and compliment you on your incredible, encyclopedic knowledge of the MME. Truly impressive, and a hell of a resource, so thanks for that.
But it is that easy to turn on - 2 buttons on the steering wheel (lane keeping on, cruise control on)

Okuma

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Grabber Blue "Blucifer"
Country flag
I read on this forum that a buyer was bummed that the powered seats didn't go up and down. So I became bummed about it. A year later I discovered that the power seat goes up and down. Moral of the story, don't believe what you read here.
I'm bummed the front of driver's seat doesn't tilt independent of the rear of the seat. The seatback tilts, but tilting the front of the seat would really add comfort to the ride. That, and ventilated seats!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I'm bummed the front of driver's seat doesn't tilt independent of the rear of the seat. The seatback tilts, but tilting the front of the seat would really add comfort to the ride. That, and ventilated seats!
Agreed - 2 big things I would have loved. Maybe in the next generation.

Very happy my Lightning will have these.

Lucky luke

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select RWD
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
As I never had seen the welcome lights on my MME, I was thinking this was only for the Premium version. Until one evening I saw the lighted pony next to the car. 😳 Of course I had to show this the next evening to my neighbour, but.... no welcome lights. I tried and tried many times, in the darkest nights, on Sunday mornings, etc... but the welcome lights never came back. I still do not know the conditions when they should appaer. Is it random?
Sponsored