Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Did you explain that life is short?
She knows it. She's got us on an early retirement plan so I can't complain too much.

Unexplainedbacon

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT hopeful
Country flag
I think the EV6 GT is about Ā£58k, so they win.
what would that make it in USD? I know the pounds to dollars conversion with cars is different than with everything else. How much was the launch edition EV6 in the UK?

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
what would that make it in USD? I know the pounds to dollars conversion with cars is different than with everything else. How much was the launch edition EV6 in the UK?
Both the EV6 GT and MME FE are similarly priced.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Pros:
Front motor decoupling for economy running.
Augmented Reality HUD.
Side view camera display on the driver binnacle when signaling.
Excellent vehicle information displays - charging kW, drivetrain usage, etc.
255 width tires for some beefy lateral grip.
6.9" of ground clearance.
Ventilated/heated front seats.
Heated rear seats.
14 speaker Meridian audio system with subwoofer.
Sun roof that opens above the front seats.

Cons:
No Plug & Charge.
Poor visibility out the rear.
Polarizing looks from the back.
Basic infotainment system.
Piano black interior trim.
No glass roof for back seats.
Small second row passenger windows.
Missing rear window wiper.
Been following the cars pretty closely but I donā€™t think the EV6 is 6.9ā€ of ground clearance, although I canā€™t confirm it. But then I canā€™t confirm the ID.4ā€˜s ground clearance either.

Iā€˜ve heard rear visibility is OK on reviews. Rear cameraā€™s eliminate a lot of that problem. The piano black worries me too.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a basic infotainment system. Iā€™m pretty confident it wil be a much better UI than what Ford is offering.

Iā€™ve also read that the Ioniq 5 is going to hit just before Xmas this year but will be in some dealerships earlier. Apparently the EV6 will land in January. The Ionia is already on sale in other countries, notably Europe.

And Kia/Hyundai dealers make Ford dealers look like Lexus dealers so Iā€™m sure shenanigans aplenty will begin then. We do have a decent Kia dealer around here though, so maybe you can get one at sticker but I woudnā€™t bet on it.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think the EV6 is the biggest competitor to the Mach-E GT/GTPE... and not the Model Y Performance (I still don't know why folks are even discussing that car). It's pretty much the only car I'd consider switching to.

The EV6 should have Plug and Charge.

https://www.electrive.com/2021/03/24/hyundai-installs-ultra-rapid-charging-network-e-pit-in-korea/
https://www.electrive.com/2021/03/24/tritium-to-supply-dc-charging-stations-to-elexent-by-renault/

Since Ioniq 5 will and it's part of the E-GMP 800V platform.

And from Bjorn's Ioniq 5 video... the battery sounds excellent. The voltage sag on hard acceleration was only 5% (versus 15-18% on Tesla and about 9-10% on an ID.4). Loosely estimating, it should NOT have the same performance sag as the GT/GTPE above 60-80mph. EV6 GT has the same 0-60 3.5 seconds numbers as the Mach-E GT/GTPE.

The price of the EV6 GT is inline with the Mach-E GT/GTPE... about $58K for the First Edition.

The major negative is the low rear visibility (no wipers either). Conflicting reports about whether rain actually slides off as designed or just fogs up the rear window. I personally won't put an order down on an EV6 until I test drive one.
Sponsored