Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
EV6 First Edition should be delivering in January 2022 for reservation holders. It's a really intriguing car with next gen technology. 800v architecture means 18 minutes to 80% going 220kW+. The front motor can decouple for efficiency, it's got Augmented Reality HUD, heat pump, and supports V2L.

https://www.ev6firstedition.com/

It's a tempting package for a price between the 4X and GT.
1500 FE units to the US - sold in hours (or minutes?) back in June 2021.

Widespread availability not happening until mid/late 2022. Darn those Europeans buying up all Mach-Es and EV6s....
Sponsored

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Personally, I'm more interested in the Genesis GV60 or the Cadillac Lyriq.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Beats the 666 shades of grey Ford has for the Mach-e. The leading candidate for the most boring car color pallet of the decade award. By far.
Oh I don’t mind the color. It’s the shape

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
Beats the 666 shades of grey Ford has for the Mach-e. The leading candidate for the most boring car color pallet of the decade award. By far.
But there's orange, and a lighter grabbier blue, and uh...yeah I'm done.

OP
OP
voxel

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's got that ugly-is-beautiful styling. I should get black and name the car KITT.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
It's got that ugly-is-beautiful styling. I should get black and name the car KITT.
I can admit that the matte silver makes it almost tolerable haha.

PTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Launch Edition (European GT=GTPE)
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Think the tech in EV6 GT tech is really interesting. Looks is ”acquired taste” at best. Feedback from reviews so far is great.

Will test a basic version on Monday to see how it is. Will also ask the dealer for additional information whether the power promised is ”boost /peak” or really usable when needed. Saw the 10sec boost button on GV60.

All these are better than Ford’s: AR hud, 800V, +100kW charging speed with good curve, Meridian sound system, V2L capability, +100hp, cooled seats, infotainment system, 7year guarantee etc. For a nerd all this is very tempting. Only reason I have not cancelled yet is the availability of Q4/2022…

Really annoyed by the Bose sound system sub-par performance, Peak vs. usable power (read: basic model with short boost) and how they concealed this information, how they treat issues like buzzing noise in instrument cluster.

Still not decided if I should cancel and wait TBH. Also 1st year car value drops a LOT so trading later is…expensive

Last edited:

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I don't really care about other EVs except that it makes me happy - I think as more EVs become available to the market it will drive the charging infrastructure build-out.

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
I would have ? crossed shopped an EV6 GT as well lf it was out. I will test drive one when/if they hit lots. If it a better package than my MME GT (software, performance etc), then it's getting traded.

Reactions: PTR

TheCats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y5Z
Country flag
EV6 First Edition should be delivering in January 2022 for reservation holders. It's a really intriguing car with next gen technology. 800v architecture means 18 minutes to 80% going 220kW+. The front motor can decouple for efficiency, it's got Augmented Reality HUD, heat pump, and supports V2L.

https://www.ev6firstedition.com/

It's a tempting package for a price between the 4X and GT.
An '800V' battery is a bit of a red herring. The battery can accept a 220kW peak DC charge rate. Other EVs can do that without requiring a rare 800V DCFC station. The key is continuing a high charge rate without damaging the battery or significantly reducing its life. Most EVs fall well short of their pre-introduction DCFC rate claims, with software updates slowly increasing the allowed charge rate curve.

Decoupling the front motor is something to watch. The common configuration is a power efficient rear motor (e.g. permanent magnet / PMSR) and a low freewheel drag front motor (e.g. induction). Eliminating the front motor drag when unused plus using a more efficient motor could be worth the extra complexity and weight.
Sponsored