Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Without the warranty, the MKZ would have been my last Ford.
Our 06 Mercury Milan Premier was the best car in 100k miles I ever had. Drivers side door lock, radiator and alternator were the only repairs. If they didn't kill Mercury we would have purchased a new one.
Sponsored

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I got a new screen under the warranty. However, the blank screen in the morning is still haunting me. I do not even want to pay $100 deductible after 3yr/36k but it is better than paying full price.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Our 06 Mercury Milan Premier was the best car in 100k miles I ever had. Drivers side door lock, radiator and alternator were the only repairs. If they didn't kill Mercury we would have purchased a new one.
When I think back it is surprising I still own a Ford. My 1991 Taurus SHO had all 4 oxygen sensors go that damaged the converters total repair cost $3700 with 52k miles on it. The oxygen sensors were a known issue with a CSP covering them to 50k, the dealer nor Ford would help me. I couldn't afford the repairs so I took a bath and traded the car. In my 1994 Taurus SHO (that I bought an aftermarket warranty on) when the AC went the aftermarket plan covered the compressor but they would not cover the compressor clutch. The factory clutch was retained and installed on a new compressor. The clutch for the AC exploded and did 10k in damage I traded it for a 1999 Mercury Cougar. My 1999 Mercury Cougar with 45k on it threw a rod and this was a known issue with the oil pan was redesigned because the rod bearings were not being lubricated as needed. Ford later lost a class action on the 2.5l oil problems. Had to flip for a used engine and install about $3000

I switched to Mazda for the next 3 vehicles they were great but I wanted an AWD so I bought a 2010 Taurus Limited AWD.

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Well I spoke to the dealer I got the car from, They can't extend the ford care, they can only sell me a 60k mile "used car" warranty. That's great and all, but they want 4500 for it... If it was a 23, I'd be less concerned. The 21s have had a LOT of issues with build quality and parts simply failing. I'm nervous. If I were to trade it in for a 24, I'd loose a crap ton of money due to mileage and age.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well I spoke to the dealer I got the car from, They can't extend the ford care, they can only sell me a 60k mile "used car" warranty. That's great and all, but they want 4500 for it... If it was a 23, I'd be less concerned. The 21s have had a LOT of issues with build quality and parts simply failing. I'm nervous. If I were to trade it in for a 24, I'd loose a crap ton of money due to mileage and age.
Put the money in a current 5% 6 month CD.
By the time you'll need it it will be much larger.
Sponsored