tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Try floodfordesp, they might be able to give credit for the current plan.
just went to the site, they say I don't qualify. When I got it, my service advisor told me that yes at 74k come in for an inspection and we can extend it. That dealer is no longer returning my emails.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Tens of thousands? My Mach-E extended warranty was about $1100. Maybe shop for better deals :cool:
15 or so cars, average price of say $1,500, no internet shopping for many. $22,500. Every appliance, TV, etc. since 1980.

Yes, easily tens of thousands of dollars saved in 40+ years.

I just bought tire certificates on my Lightning from Discount Tire, cashing in the prorated value of the ones they gave me free on my sold F-150. Cost me $76 for 4 tires. Guess that is an extended warranty...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you've found the best solution to saving on extended warranties: get rid of the car before the original warranty expires!
Don't know where you got that from. 2 drivers, 2 vehicles (which I did not say). Of the 15 or so vehicles, I can think of maybe 4 that fit that. Don't have access to records right now...

1982 Jeep 6? or so years.
1998 Explorer 15 years.
2009 Fusion Hybrid 9 years.
2013 F-150 10 years.
2018 Fusion Energi 3 years for profit and Mach-E.
2021 Mach-E 1 year for profit.
Minivans were around 8 years as I recall.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Don't know where you got that from.
Well, I got it from your numbers (15 cars in 40 years). Even with two drivers, that's a new vehicle every five years or so. And, I was really just making a joke. I don't actually know how long you keep cars.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
15 or so cars, average price of say $1,500, no internet shopping for many. $22,500. Every appliance, TV, etc. since 1980.

Yes, easily tens of thousands of dollars saved in 40+ years.

I just bought tire certificates on my Lightning from Discount Tire, cashing in the prorated value of the ones they gave me free on my sold F-150. Cost me $76 for 4 tires. Guess that is an extended warranty...
Just the last 4 cars Ford paid out about 15k in repairs on my MKZ, 7k on my Taurus, and about 1.2k on my Fusion plus around 120 days of rental vehicles. I paid about $3500 in warranties and deductibles, Ford lost

For the Mach E I have already had more days of rental cars than what I paid for the warranty. They lost again

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just the last 4 cars Ford paid out about 15k in repairs on my MKZ, 7k on my Taurus, and about 1.2k on my Fusion plus around 120 days of rental vehicles. I paid about $3500 in warranties and deductibles, Ford lost
One...

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
It's easy to get the warranty to be on your side just buy for the life you will own your car and cover the milage you will drive. Cars have problems and they are expensive to fix.

Also if I sell or trade in MN I get a refund. The refund is based on time left not how much was paid out.

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag

For the Mach E I have already had more days of rental cars than what I paid for the warranty. They lost again
Wow, with that kind of luck with Ford, I'm surprised you haven't gone to a different make. I'm still using my 2000 F350 powerstroke and have never had it to the dealer. The only service to it has been oil changes and tires that I do myself. I would have lost if I bought extended warranties with my new vehicles that have never been to the dealer except for recalls.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
just went to the site, they say I don't qualify. When I got it, my service advisor told me that yes at 74k come in for an inspection and we can extend it. That dealer is no longer returning my emails.
When I emailed them, they told me that my current extended warranty will help extend the qualify time and mileage limits.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Wow, with that kind of luck with Ford, I'm surprised you haven't gone to a different make. I'm still using my 2000 F350 powerstroke and have never had it to the dealer. The only service to it has been oil changes and tires that I do myself. I would have lost if I bought extended warranties with my new vehicles that have never been to the dealer except for recalls.
Without the warranty, the MKZ would have been my last Ford.

it's a smart play, I added the price of the warranty to the cost of ownership now with the extended coverage the repair costs are fixed and even cheaper cost of ownership than folks I know who have a Honda or Toyoda.

And yes sometimes the house wins but for me, it is peace of mind

Last edited:

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup. One of the biggest wastes of money for any product is extended warranties. House wins.
Not always a win my brother purchased a 2016 Ford F450 and purchased extended warranty and ford has already paid out 25,000.00 in repairs on extended warranty

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup. One of the biggest wastes of money for any product is extended warranties. House wins.
Except on reasonable Manufacture backed first year model plans. In 02 bought a Hyundai Elantra second year model fully optioned. Power train and transmission 10yr warranty. We bought the bumper to bumper 100k extended plan for $900. In 100k 2 wheel bearings and starter replaced and lots of headlite bulbs. Like 20, which was a defect never recalled.Yes we lost $450 but piece of mind on a commuter car was worth it. We did opt for the Ford plan on our GTPE $1900 especially first yr plus tech, motors, battery, sensors and cameras could cost more over time. But usually its giving cash away.
Sponsored