First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Hi All,

Just wondering if any others have experienced and bubbles/delamination on the driver side external keypad panel. See pics.

Not sure what is causing this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E External Keypad Panel Delamination/Bubbles PXL_20231103_175723996.MP
Ford Mustang Mach-E External Keypad Panel Delamination/Bubbles PXL_20231103_185521708

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
If using the left hand index finger to push the door button.... could the other fingers/ring/nails of that hand be touching that area of the door pillar? Scraping it when reaching for the 'wing' to open the door.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hi All,

Just wondering if any others have experienced and bubbles/delamination on the driver side external keypad panel. See pics.

Not sure what is causing this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E External Keypad Panel Delamination/Bubbles PXL_20231103_185521708
That is crazing and would be a material defect covered by warranty.

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If using the left hand index finger to push the door button.... could the other fingers/ring/nails of that hand be touching that area of the door pillar? Scraping it when reaching for the 'wing' to open the door.
We are right handed and the scrapes are under the panel, ie. panel is smooth to the touch.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
We are right handed and the scrapes are under the panel, ie. panel is smooth to the touch.
Iā€™m right handed too, but use my left to open the door. Agree with previous comments, should be covered by warranty.

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Iā€™m right handed too, but use my left to open the door. Agree with previous comments, should be covered by warranty.
Cool. I find myself using keypad as my wife has FOB and we are waiting on free 2nd one from dealer.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Iā€™ve noticed this on my wifeā€™s Ioniq hybrid, but not on my MME

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Is there PPF on the pillar?

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I had crazing on that B Pillar piano surface on my 2015 Ford Fusion after several years.

To guard against it, I PPFd both B Pillars on my Mach E within a month of buying the car. So far, no damage... and we do occasionally use the driver's side B Pillar code numbers, especially on long trips.

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Very common. Is covered under the B2B warranty. They had to replace all of mine

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very common. Is covered under the B2B warranty. They had to replace all of mine
Something the dealer can do? I have a power up recall notice, 2nd FOB on order and 30K maintenance coming up, so may want to take care of all at once. Any code or procedure I can reference?

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Something the dealer can do? I have a power up recall notice, 2nd FOB on order and 30K maintenance coming up, so may want to take care of all at once. Any code or procedure I can reference?
yes the dealer should be able to do it.

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just an update. I was able to get the issue with the delaminated B-pillar panel logged at my last 30K mi checkup as I am told the 36K bumper-to-bumper will cover this. My preferred dealer is Tasca in RI and is worth the trip from MA. Once the part is in, I will have it installed and report here. I usually wait until there is a CSP or recall to killl 2 birds, but now that there is a TopGolf right next to the dealer in Cranston, I do not need an excuse.

Ladj1985

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium eAWD
Occupation
Technical Analyst
Country flag
When I first went and looked at the Mach E that I eventually purchased from the dealer brand new. The driver side pillar looked somewhat like this. They were portions that were missing the lamination. The car had 5 miles on it. Iā€™m not sure if it was damaged in shipping or it was a defect from the get-go. they had to order a replacement. I took the car home and it took them over a month to get the replacement part in. Then when I brought the car in to have them fix it they must not have been used to replacing this part and they broke the window motor so now the window was stuck in the down position. They took another couple of days to get the part to fix the window.
Sponsored