Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I thought the TSB was for 2021 Job 1 cars. GTs are all ‘21 Job 2 or later. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hello all. I have a 2021 GT Performance with about 17k miles. Since summer wheel steering wheel shakes super bad when braking but sometimes it doesn’t. I haven’t used one pedal driving in about a month and it still does this. This is what the rotors look like immediately after driving. Any ideas? Yes I have searched and seen some things but they were old posts. Is something like this covered under warranty or am I out of the brake warranty?

FA67CBB6-0A31-4B65-9DEA-BF2E4C0831BD.jpeg
Hi Brayden. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I have braked hard enough now many times to remove anything and the rotors still look like that. I’ve owned many cars and never once had rotors look this rough. They are usually shiny not dull. I have not been using one pedal and brake normally so it shouldn’t be a problem with that
"braking normally" with the brake pedal doesn't actually use the calipers.... it uses regen until regen is not enough.... thus the suggestions that you have to brake really hard to use the calipers and clear the rotors off.

OP
OP
that_macheguy

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
"braking normally" with the brake pedal doesn't actually use the calipers.... it uses regen until regen is not enough.... thus the suggestions that you have to brake really hard to use the calipers and clear the rotors off.
I understand that. I’m a very spirited driver at times. I don’t use them lightly at all times.