Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You now hold the button on the NACS handle for 2 seconds to lock it to the MagicDock first.

That screen never showed up in my app.
Sponsored

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
EAP members are now sent surveys upon receiving updates.
Good to know. Kind of a waste if they didn't. But my understanding is you don't get kicked out of the program if you don't fill out the surveys, right? They don't ask you to do detailed testing for each update, either (right?)

I beta test a subscription personal finance product. There are about ten significant software releases per year, and each release has (sometimes extensive) testing steps to be followed and feedback provided at each step. If I miss too many of them I get kicked out of the program. In return for my efforts, I get to use the product for free. It's a fair trade.

I guess my point is that if Ford were a bit more demanding of its EAP members, then some small rewards would be appropriate and welcome for the efforts Ford was asking people to make. If there is no requirement to actually DO anything as an EAP member, then not much reward is necessary (as many people view being among the first to get a software update as its own reward).

Aubury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I wonder if that lever under the NACS connection interlocks with the CCS/car-side of the adapter. If it can just be released by pulling that lever down while charging then some asshole could come along and unplug us. And if it's a Tesla owner who did that, they could steal the charging spot since we have to park a spot over from them to use a stall.

Theolddog

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance AWD
Country flag
My membership name is "the Old Dog"
Please! Someone tell me where my thinking on using Tesla superchargers is going wrong: my recent trip down I-95 & then switching to finish the trip on I-75, from Morristown NJ to Venice FLA (1200 total miles) has given me a lot of knowledge about fast charging. The Ford pass app plus the On-board Ford navigation system in my 2023 Mach-e GT 4WD extended range was wonderful !! I drove 10 hours to Florence SC Marriott on a Saturday. After spending the night, I drove the remaining 10hours to Venice FLA on Sunday. The navigation system sent me to Electrify-America Fast charging stations exactly when I needed to get charged. It never took longer than 45 to 50min to get to 80% each stop. All stations were working perfectly & always were available. I never had to wait. Most all were in Walmart SuperCenter parking lots. None were more than 1-2 miles from each of the I-95/ I-75 exits. At each stop, when I first plugged in (plug&charge worked perfectly) the speed was about 145Kwhs. (Never faster even at 350Kwh chargers). In the lower right corner of the display, is a readout saying speed requested by your vehicle: 145Kwhs. Then after 35-50min, as charging progressed, the speed-of-charge slowly dropped to 35-40 Kwh at 80%. With the readout saying vehicle is requesting a similar number: 35Kwh !!
So my question is: why is everybody getting excited about the Tesla charging when the Ford Mach-E never requests any speed faster than 145Kwhs even when 350Kwh station is available??

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So my question is: why is everybody getting excited about the Tesla charging when the Ford Mach-E never requests any speed faster than 145Kwhs even when 350Kwh station is available??
1. I’ve hit 170 kW in the initial burst charging my Mach E.
2. We’re not excited about the speed of the Tesla stations, it’s the increase in charging locations and reliability.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, a perfect gesture for someone like me who preordered the car, got the first MME off the lot in my city, vouched for this experience at nearly every opportunity, has no CCS superchargers between the two largest cities in his state, but has been declined entry into EA since June of 2021.

Piss right the hell off. Respectively.
I agree Job 1 cars that had to endure more early adopter pains should get them first. I also got declined into EA but the early days of PAC, doors not opening, no key found, recalls, stuck updates, 1 FOB. The first 12 months of owning my Job 1 it spent over 3 months combine at the dealer with all the issues described above. We deserve them first. Respectively of course.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Speaking of early access, I think it would be a nice gesture to the Early Access group if they got maybe 24-hour advance notice and ability to order the adapter first. Or simply have Ford automatically ship adapters first to all the Early Access members.
... and those waitlisted for EA are delayed again?...

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
My membership name is "the Old Dog"
Please! Someone tell me where my thinking on using Tesla superchargers is going wrong: my recent trip down I-95 & then switching to finish the trip on I-75, from Morristown NJ to Venice FLA (1200 total miles) has given me a lot of knowledge about fast charging. The Ford pass app plus the On-board Ford navigation system in my 2023 Mach-e GT 4WD extended range was wonderful !! I drove 10 hours to Florence SC Marriott on a Saturday. After spending the night, I drove the remaining 10hours to Venice FLA on Sunday. The navigation system sent me to Electrify-America Fast charging stations exactly when I needed to get charged. It never took longer than 45 to 50min to get to 80% each stop. All stations were working perfectly & always were available. I never had to wait. Most all were in Walmart SuperCenter parking lots. None were more than 1-2 miles from each of the I-95/ I-75 exits. At each stop, when I first plugged in (plug&charge worked perfectly) the speed was about 145Kwhs. (Never faster even at 350Kwh chargers). In the lower right corner of the display, is a readout saying speed requested by your vehicle: 145Kwhs. Then after 35-50min, as charging progressed, the speed-of-charge slowly dropped to 35-40 Kwh at 80%. With the readout saying vehicle is requesting a similar number: 35Kwh !!
For me it's not the charge speed vs EA... it's that there are a lot of Tesla chargers around... about the same number as every other DCFC brand combined. And they have very good reliability. EA for me has been mixed at best.

Sooo having a reliable charge network greatly improves the usability of my car and reduces my "is the the effing charger going to work when I get there stress"

Thats why I am looking forward to having the Tesla network available.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.