LeeSonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E 4EXT Premium, Yamaha FZ07
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
For those of you who have had the black fender trim above the wheel wells painted body color (like on the GTs), did you go with actual body color paint, or did you have someone wrap them? And why did you come to the decision you did?
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I have seen a few people post about doing that, and all of them who did it had them pained, not wrapped. I have not seen any posts about wrapping the fenders, and I have spent a lot of time here over the past year.

@markboris painted the fenders on his Premium, I believe, so maybe he can explain why he didn't consider wrapping them. Probably because he wanted it to match his paint color exactly, which I don't think you can do with a wrap.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I painted instead of wrapping for a few reasons, main one being color match. Space White is a tough color.
And who knows how well a wrap would stand up to wear and tear around the wheel well. I know plenty of people wrap their cars with vinyl but without a PPF on top of it it’s open to tears.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fender trim: Painted or Wrapped 4E511154-BAE7-4B2E-BDAB-5510F31F7BE0

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mike (mkhuffman) is correct. I had them painted because I wanted them to match as perfectly as possible. While I didn't investigate colors for wrapping, I highly doubt I would've found one that matched Infinite Blue. #16

IMG_6143D.jpg

Last edited:

CaPhil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e Premium SR, Star White
Occupation
Retired engineer
Country flag
Do the fender trim pieces just pop off? I have a scratch on one of mine and want to replace it. Any idea on how much they cost?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do the fender trim pieces just pop off? I have a scratch on one of mine and want to replace it. Any idea on how much they cost?
Click on the link in my post that is above yours.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fender trim: Painted or Wrapped Attach0_20211011_192613

Painted for the same reason as everyone else.

A note about the clips holding the fender flares, many of the shops I got quotes from did warn me that there'd be a high likelihood a few clips may snap when taking it off. This is actually apparently by design as many OEMs make them as single use clips only (probably so people need to buy more).

Good thing is it's not difficult to get new clips, and while many told me it's highly likely a few might snap, I was fortunate enough to find a shop that was able to remove it without any clips snapping.. so I know it's possible to remove them without issue!

CaPhil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e Premium SR, Star White
Occupation
Retired engineer
Country flag
Click on the link in my post that is above yours.
Thanks. Is there a part number for the finished trim in OEM gloss black or do you have to buy a primed trim piece and have it painted? I didn't see one on the Tasca site. I need a right rear trim piece.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, all four fenders trims are available in gloss black. I don't have the part numbers for those but if you were to go to your local Ford parts department and give them your VIN, they can look up the proper part.

OP
OP
LS61303

LS61303

First Name
LeeSonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E 4EXT Premium, Yamaha FZ07
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Thank for the input folks! I figured painting was gonna be the route I was going to go, but was curious about wrapping. All the extra info and tips are appreciated! Now to find a local shop and get some quotes, come spring time. @NoVAguy Your build is so sharp, I am going to be doing just about every one of those mods to my Star White Premium! Gonna de-badge, tint the windows, and find a “grille” wrap. Ordered a new set of wheels and tires for the summer yesterday as well, so we will have similar builds! Thanks for being an inspiration lol.

@markboris That Iconic Silver GT is a sight to behold….. really like the spec and the wheels you put on it. Big fan!

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@markboris That Iconic Silver GT is a sight to behold….. really like the spec and the wheels you put on it. Big fan!
Thanks for the complement LeeSonn. Thing is, Iv'e only posted a few photos of my IS GT since I am not quite done with it. With the holidays, haven't had the time to finish some last details.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Thank for the input folks! I figured painting was gonna be the route I was going to go, but was curious about wrapping. All the extra info and tips are appreciated! Now to find a local shop and get some quotes, come spring time. @NoVAguy Your build is so sharp, I am going to be doing just about every one of those mods to my Star White Premium! Gonna de-badge, tint the windows, and find a “grille” wrap. Ordered a new set of wheels and tires for the summer yesterday as well, so we will have similar builds! Thanks for being an inspiration lol.

Appreciate it and glad I could be of inspiration!! Good luck with finding your local shops for the mods ?

Joey

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select
Country flag
Was actually thinking about Hyper dipping all wheel trim, bottom door, rear bumper and front plastics...
Sponsored