Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I plugged in to charge last night. Fordpass told me I had been charging for 4 hours. Dead wrong. It's not worth looking at if it's going to make this level of error.

The Account > Message Center is littered with junk. It's it's own version of Spam.

After deleting all of the messages, the icon still shows that I have a message unattended to, forlorn and awaiting a reader - even though the list has been cleared and says so. I can't find it - I hope it's not important!!!

I'm finding little use for this app., most of it seems to be advertising or come-ons.

Anyone want to convince me this app is vital to the safe enjoyable use of my car?

FordPass 1.jpg

FordPass 2.jpg

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
mine shows 2 unread, even though it is empty.

It is nice for some things, but mostly I do not use it.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I have reached a similar conclusion and have started carrying the fob. While PaaK has worked for me the requirement to enable location sharing with Ford and other quirks made it irrelevant as I can use phone shortcuts to unlock and start the car.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Other than using it for phone as a key it isn't very useful. I will occasionally use it to reschedule charging or to map out trips. And sometimes I use the Google assistant skill to remote start.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Since I drive my car exclusively using PaaK. Yes, FordPass is vital to me enjoying my car.

I've been fob free for almost 8 months now.
Yep, same here. Six months, no fob. Is the app accurate 100% of the time? Nope. Does that bother me? Not at all. Still very useful to me.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I plugged in to charge last night. Fordpass told me I had been charging for 4 hours. Dead wrong. It's not worth looking at if it's going to make this level of error.

The Account > Message Center is littered with junk. It's it's own version of Spam.

After deleting all of the messages, the icon still shows that I have a message unattended to, forlorn and awaiting a reader - even though the list has been cleared and says so. I can't find it - I hope it's not important!!!

I'm finding little use for this app., most of it seems to be advertising or come-ons.

Anyone want to convince me this app is vital to the safe enjoyable use of my car?
I think actually you'll find that fordpass counts the time when it was plugged in as part of the charging time, typically, I plug mine in late afternoon., but my schedule charge time doesn't start until 7pm, but it still counts the plugged in time as part of it.

I had 2 messages indicator showing for the longest time even tho the mailbox was empty, eventually that icon went away.

Wouldn't try to convince you it's vital because it's certainly not. I find it very useful for scheduling my charging and keeping track of charge status. As for PAAK I don't use it at all but I configured it just to be able to create the backup start code.

As an fyi, I use the fob exclusively.
Sponsored