First dent

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Some jackass driver seems to have parked next to my MME and opened the door carelessly.

Don’t know who and I wish their call stalls in the middle of the night on a cold, lonely highway with no cell phone reception and they have no inside heating. On top of which they have an angry spouse who gives them hell all night.

back to my dent, it is barely an inch and not noticeable to the casual eye, but I can’t unsee it. How do I get it repaired?

body shop? Dealer? Or do nothing for now because of how small it is?

78C9A9FA-4988-4610-BE46-0152A48A7BCA.jpeg
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Look up a place that does paintless dent repair. I got one in almost the exact spot only a few days after getting my Mach-E. It should be a 100% solution, will look perfect after it is done. Costs around $100 or less in the USA.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
+1 on paintless dent repair if your paint is ok. You can even ask dealers who they use for dent repairs for their lease returns. A local Audi dealer had a guy that visited the dealership every week or so for dent repairs.

Last edited:

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
one of my good friends opened a paintless dent repair service here in Texas (Dent Dawg) and he is literally a magician. Stipulation is that the dent can't be on a sharp crease but curved areas are ok.
he fixed a dent on my daughters 1 month old car that the dealership wanted to bondo . sand . and repaint for $800. DentDawg took the dent out in 20 minutes and did it for my daughter at no charge. They are magicians and your dent looks easily fixate

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
+2 on the paintless dent repair. My daughter opened my wife's passenger door and left a nice ding 17 days after I got my MME. Cost me a $175 to fix it. Well worth it.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
With paintless it will be gone forever. I get very anxious when parking in a lot now. That’s the last thing I want to deal with. I park as far away as possible. But it is inevitable.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Look up a place that does paintless dent repair. I got one in almost the exact spot only a few days after getting my Mach-E. It should be a 100% solution, will look perfect after it is done. Costs around $100 or less in the USA.
I've got one in a similar place, maybe 2" in height:

Ford Mustang Mach-E First dent PXL_20211027_181110787

The location is marked with the painter's tape.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First dent PXL_20211028_211327960

The PDR repair person used by a few dealerships around here also said he might have to drill in the door jamb, and has also heard Ford say the door panels are made of "high strength steel". Does it look it should be repairable without drilling?

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
pxl_20211028_211327960-jpeg.jpg

The PDR repair person used by a few dealerships around here also said he might have to drill in the door jamb, and has also heard Ford say the door panels are made of "high strength steel". Does it look it should be repairable without drilling?
Even if they drill to get to it they plug the drilled hole with a rubber insert so it's indistinguishable

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I've got one in a similar place, maybe 2" in height:

Ford Mustang Mach-E First dent pxl_20211028_211327960-jpe

The location is marked with the painter's tape.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First dent pxl_20211028_211327960-jpe

Not sure, not that knowledgable on this, however, mine was also on the curved section and they never said anything about having to drill. Maybe get a second opinion?

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Not sure, not that knowledgable on this, however, mine was also on the curved section and they never said anything about having to drill. Maybe get a second opinion?
Yeah... I have another person giving an estimate next week, but hoping to see someone here in the same situation who didn't need to drill. I'm tempted to look into removing the interior door panels myself so they would have direct access.
Sponsored