Paintless Dent Repair question

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Has anyone actually had PDR done on their vehicle and how were the results? I have a small ding on the rear passenger side door and a few of the guys I spoke to said they've never worked on an MME and need to make sure they can access the area. I don't want to void any warranties. Anyone with actual experience with PDR on their doors?
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I had a self-imposed ding repaired on my drivers-side door near the top. (Note to self: confirm all quick connects to pressure washer soap canister are locked before starting next time).

The area was a bit challenging to get into through the window but the guy was able to do it. Now looks like nothing happened.

Here's where my boo-boo was. A good PDR guy should have no problems, it's just a car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paintless Dent Repair question PXL_20220320_195155425

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paintless Dent Repair question PXL_20220320_195214158

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Our Raptor had a door ding on the drivers side. It was extremely near a curve on the door. The guy got it out and we can no longer tell where it was. They’re worth having come to your car (if they’re Mobil). There are no issues warranty wise with PDR.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Has anyone actually had PDR done on their vehicle and how were the results? I have a small ding on the rear passenger side door and a few of the guys I spoke to said they've never worked on an MME and need to make sure they can access the area. I don't want to void any warranties. Anyone with actual experience with PDR on their doors?
Find out who the local Mercedes/BMW/Porsche dealer uses and hire that guy. If he can fix dents on those cars then he can do the same on the MME.

I have had this done many times. Many dings can be repaired back to original. There are ways to pull out dings even without access to the backside. If on a ridge or form line then it gets considerably harder.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
We picked up one right on the crease of the passenger door. Our dealer recommended their mobile PDR guy anf this was the first Mach-E he'd worked on. He was able to get his tools in thru the window opening and now you can hardly tell tell it was there.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paintless Dent Repair question PXL_20211202_205138360

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One hour before I went to the dealer to pick up my Premium (Infinite Blue) back in Feb of 2021, a customer backed into it and dented the left rear passenger door. It also had a few light scratches on it. The dealer wanted to bring it into their paint shop and fix it (remove dent, repaint the door). I told them not to touch the car and I would take care of it myself and send them the bill. I brought it to one of the paintless dent repair guys I have used before and he fixed the dent and scratches. Total cost was $585. Dealer had no problem paying for it of course (probably got reimbursed from the customer who hit my car) and you cannot tell at all where the problem was on that door.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Dealer dented left passenger door almost identical to @kennelh. They had the PDR guy fix it. Impossible to find and I tried. A good PDR guy is amazing.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I had a self-imposed ding repaired on my drivers-side door near the top. (Note to self: confirm all quick connects to pressure washer soap canister are locked before starting next time).

The area was a bit challenging to get into through the window but the guy was able to do it. Now looks like nothing happened.

Here's where my boo-boo was. A good PDR guy should have no problems, it's just a car.

OUCH 🤕

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I tried to get some guys to fix my dings but they didn't want to try since the window is double pane and they said they actually broke a window the week before. Gave me option to drill a hole on the side door panel but decided against that. Have 3 dings on 3 of the 4 doors now :(

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I fell on the hood of my car via ladder.

This was the dent.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paintless Dent Repair question 1652061677358

This was the repaired result.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paintless Dent Repair question 1652061708401

If you have the right PDR guy (I do), then you will see some miracles happen.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Some PDR pros would be put off buy the shops that drill to access as they've mastered the art and even collaborate on custom tool making that works better for them. I've appraised enough cars that have the "Drill hole plugs" in the various access openings they make or panel removal. Around Hail Prone areas while stationed in Colorado springs, I saw some incredible talent and the complete removal of substantial hail dents.

PDR or Professional Dent Removal has many providers, and just like any service, shop around. Mist Used Car Sales managers at various dealers will share who they use. Yelp and Google reviews help as well.
You will be impressed nat some of their YouTube videos.
https://youtube.com/c/denttime

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got a door crease almost exactly like Kennelh's exactly 1 week after buying the car. It was a door-edge crease 1-1/2" tall centered on the bulge on the rear driver side door. Brian from Dent Erasers, Concord, CA fixed it perfectly. He worked on it for another 20 minutes after I could no longer see the crease. Apparently he could still see it, and worked it until he was satisfied it was no longer there. There is no way anyone could find it now. It was the first Mach-E he had worked on.

Last edited:

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I got a door crease almost exactly like Kennelh's exactly 1 week after buying the car. It was a door-edge crease 1-1/2" tall centered on the bulge on the rear driver side door. Brian fron Dent Erasers, Concord, CA fixed it perfectly. He worked on it for another 20 minutes after I could no longer see the crease. Apparently he could still see it, and worked it until he was satisfied it was no longer there. There is no way anyone could find it now.
Do you mind telling us the price you paid for this service so we know a reasonable cost?
Sponsored