Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
We took the FIRST road trip by a Mustang Mach-E using the NACS adapter and Tesla Superchargers! We checked out the LARGEST Supercharger in the world and the 4 stall EA station across the freeway. We also stopped at some other Superchargers and tried a V3 station that wasn't listed as available to us just to see if it would work (spoiler alert, it did not).

Sponsored

Homestead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach-E, F-350
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the video.
Do the ford plug and charge and the tesla app both disallow the same tesla stations that have a mixture of old and new chargers ?

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the video.
Do the ford plug and charge and the tesla app both disallow the same tesla stations that have a mixture of old and new chargers ?
They seem to be in sync from what I have seen.

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We took the FIRST road trip by a Mustang Mach-E using the NACS adapter and Tesla Superchargers! We checked out the LARGEST Supercharger in the world and the 4 stall EA station across the freeway. We also stopped at some other Superchargers and tried a V3 station that wasn't listed as available to us just to see if it would work (spoiler alert, it did not).

Question, Where are you keeping the adapter while you drive so that it will be easily accessible when you stop to charge? I don't use the cupholder in the door. Does it happen to nestle in there nicely?

Last edited:

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Another question: You were identifying the Tesla Chargers buy their color or cable thickness. Can you elaborate on that and be more specific of what to look for? Thanks

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Question, Where are you keeping the adapter while you drive so that it will be easily accessible when you stop to charge? I don't use the cupholder in the door. Does it happen to nestle in there nicely?
Yep, it fits in the there with ease and it doesn't rattle around at all.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Nice! Good to know about the cable stretch issue... I'm looking forward to having access to the SC network when I get my adapter!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Scraping the front splitter on the curb trying to pull up far enough could be an issue. I was worried about that when I was using some Magic Dock sites. Sometimes there are obstacles sticking up like that electrical junction box you had to stop for. If you don't have a front camera you should probably get out and look carefully for raised obstacles first before pulling all the in.

Another tip is try to pull up so the side of the car is lined up with the side of the Supercharger pedestal. The cable will be in a better position to reach, and you can drive your nose "past" the Supercharger on the right.

Also some of those cables were tighter than I'd be comfortable with (I would have moved closer). We don't want to damage the cables by pulling them tightly. So don't force anything to reach.

The first time you use a Supercharger you'll probably have to get out to look how far to pull up about three times. It will take some practice to know how far to park. Basically you have to go past where the sensors are beeping constantly.

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Why not use that huge storage space under the cupholder? It should be heavy enough to not keep rattling around.

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
@Mach-E VLOG

Have you guys tried to check the charging speed using the Public Charging application on Sync Screen?

I have seen in several occasions that when I am at a charging station that shows up there but I initiate the charge in other ways, I can still see the charging speed through it.

Hopefully someday @Ford Motor Company will finally give us the charging speed info in the dash screen. But for now, this seem to be a good alternative to get the information in the car itself.

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why not use that huge storage space under the cupholder? It should be heavy enough to not keep rattling around.
If you are speaking of the lower console tray, I keep something else there. The door makes more sense.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag

Can you go into more detail about the "Failure of Plug & Charge" on both sides. EA failed Plug & Charge following a Tesla Charge and then it seemed (memory abiding) Tesla failed Plug & Charge on your last stop. Is this Ford & Tesla are aware of and working on??
Sponsored