hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
The one from behind the vehicle is the one that seems to be the most definitive. Looks like a thin structure that comes out then turns up.

Handle.jpg
Sorry still don’t believe it. I’ll reserve judgment until we can see a clearer picture. I don’t see why the design would change this late in the process.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
We've been discussing it over in the "Handles" thread. Unfortunately the resolution of the pics is not good enough to get a really good zoom-in of them, but off-hand I think I like them better than the sideways "bent finger". Looks like the newer one is more like the edge of a cupped hand, or the tail of a "J", in sort of a triangle shape. Although it is really hard see.

first-production-mach-e-mustang-2-jpg.jpg
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Production Mach-E Model? [Update: This Is First Assembly Line Made Pre-Production Unit] winglet2

The picture from the Mexico prototype does appear to show the new "winglet" design that was described to one of the car show attendees.

StarWarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium ER AWD White
Country flag
On the plate holder, it looks like it could be dropped a few inches and cover the air intakes slightly, but without blocking them. At a minimum, I hope we can use a different mounting bracket that site more flush to the bumper.

I’m hoping to not have the front plate mounted until I get a “fix it ticket“ ... most I managed to keep my Audi TT that way for several years here in California.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry still don’t believe it. I’ll reserve judgment until we can see a clearer picture. I don’t see why the design would change this late in the process.
Admittedly, it's hard to tell 100% for sure (either way). We'll just have to see when more pictures come out.

But I don't think it's really all that late in the process for something like this. That's part of what this prototype testing period is for - figuring out what doesn't work as well as they initially hoped. Major design items can't change now, of course, but I assume the door handles are pretty easily added on (probably just bolt on from inside the door).

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
If you really want the plate down between the vents, you could copy Don Louv's technique (which might not be legal). He created his own, scaled down copy of the Maine license plate on paper, laminated, and taped to the lower lip of his Porsche Taycan.

Doing the same on your Mustang Mach-E will keep the front radar operational while not looking as bad visually. Not sure that this is legal, though.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
If you really want the plate down between the vents, you could copy Don Louv's technique (which might not be legal). He created his own, scaled down copy of the Maine license plate on paper, laminated, and taped to the lower lip of his Porsche Taycan.

Doing the same on your Mustang Mach-E will keep the front radar operational while not looking as bad visually. Not sure that this is legal, though.

I just came across this site today. Plate wraps which are currently legal under a pilot program.

https://licenseplatewrap.com/

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Production Mach-E Model? [Update: This Is First Assembly Line Made Pre-Production Unit] winglet2

The picture from the Mexico prototype does appear to show the new "winglet" design that was described to one of the car show attendees.
This is what it looks like to me, I would suspect having a part stuck out as a point in the horizontal direction would be dangerous to kids and easier to catch bag straps or clothes.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is what it looks like to me, I would suspect having a part stuck out as a point in the horizontal direction would be dangerous to kids and easier to catch bag straps or clothes.
Yeah, I don't think it comes to a point. More like a half hexagon than a triangle. Kinda like this, bent upward (except with rounded corners, of course). Winglet is a pretty good description.

384278-200.png

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Because of it's shape and the Mach is quiet it is possible
to tywrap a whistle on it. :p

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
I am still hoping for a handles delete option.
They will most likely keep handles. BUT the first guy to
redesign handles that will work is going to make a
killing on EBAY !!!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm kinda hoping the winglet design is the one they go with. I like the idea of only having to set my hand (more specifically, just the pinky finger) into the little ledge like that to open the door. If you have your hands full (particularly holding a drink cup), that design is perfect for being able to pull the door open while holding a drink.

Especially if my cell phone automatically pops the door open as I walk up to it.

Last edited:

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Tesla moved their production of the Y up early... Maybe Ford is doing so too. (ok, probably not, just wishful thinking)..

There has to be some vehicles built first before they can show up at auto shows, so maybe these will be for auto shows... would be nice if Ford didn't miss any more shows, and were able to get some dealer test drive units built as the original schedules it looks like FE orders wouldn't get a test drive before ordering,
Maybe taking a page out of Tesla or handbook by
Tesla moved their production of the Y up early... Maybe Ford is doing so too. (ok, probably not, just wishful thinking)..

There has to be some vehicles built first before they can show up at auto shows, so maybe these will be for auto shows... would be nice if Ford didn't miss any more shows, and were able to get some dealer test drive units built as the original schedules it looks like FE orders wouldn't get a test drive before ordering,
Like Tesla, teasing potential customers to draw pre orders

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag

Yes getting the pre orders is the name of the game now. I waited so long
for Tesla to unveil a new SUV and he brings out a TANK. Tesla now leaves a
bad taste in my mouth. I love this Mach E and I am sure Ford nailed it on
the head. I would have no problem even with a $1000.00 deposit.

Ranger Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ, 4Runner
Occupation
Ranger
Country flag
Smart marketing IMO. Tesla basically does no direct advertising but they're smart and strategic in letting their vehicles be photographed and posted to forums / social media. Like Musk driving the Cybertruck to Nobu. It creates real world buzz and doesn't seem so as contrived as traditional advertising.

So if shots like the ones we see here were somehow allowed or planted by Ford, good for them for playing the same game, just look at the attention it's gotten here on this site for example.
Sponsored