Reiner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Match-E, 2013 Scion FR-S
Occupation
Manager, Software Engineering in Test
Country flag
Just got back from our first family Road trip in our Rapid Red Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER! Everyone’s experience will be different of course, but for our family, we were pretty happy with the MM-E during the entirety of our trip.

Our driving distance for the trip was roughly around 1,770 miles from Southern California to Salt Lake City, UT. We had to rely on Salt Lake City’s Public Chargers, and we’re glad to report that at least for the summer, we were able to find adequate PC that just worked (even at 350 kWh stations)!

Suggestions for @Ford Motor Company:
  1. There were times we had to make audibles on our stops and I noticed when having to look for Nearest Chargers while driving it was sorting by default Charging Stations we’ve passed as opposed to upcoming ones.
  2. It would be nice if we can have settings were MM-E Drive Modes can be associated with Intelligent Adaptive Cruise and switch back to the Driver Profile’s Drive Mode after taking over. I found myself preferring Whisper Mode on long stretches where there’s no vehicles, but having to switch back from time to time when having to pass or navigate traffic
Suggestions for Charging Stations:
  1. Installing roofs that can act as Solar Panels and shade above the CS. We ran into issues Charging in Mesquite, NV. where at the highest the temperature was at 111°F. We think this can help with cars having to draw more power because of the external temperature and prevents the cables and plug from getting too hot to the touch.
Apologies in advance for the long winded post but we’re super excited to share our experience with our Mustang Mach-E and our trip!

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Road Trip with our Mustang Mach-E 9E005332-8560-41AC-83DB-66E1765BB863

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Road Trip with our Mustang Mach-E C31B3EA3-014A-4C34-A3BD-B57C00BE22B7

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Road Trip with our Mustang Mach-E 8C919BD0-9B54-43C4-AC68-6D9F50462905

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Road Trip with our Mustang Mach-E BA007A39-4ADE-44AD-B63C-960A1FD9D4EF

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I would def agree that the charging locations need to step up their game. I've yet, in my admittedly limited experience, used one that had a canopy, a trash can nearby or a windshield wash bucket. I felt like a second class citizen, even at a Sheetz which is an east coast chain of gas station/convenient stores...no love for the EV

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Just got back from our first family Road trip in our Rapid Red Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER! Everyone’s experience will be different of course, but for our family, we were pretty happy with the MM-E during the entirety of our trip.

Our driving distance for the trip was roughly around 1,770 miles from Southern California to Salt Lake City, UT. We had to rely on Salt Lake City’s Public Chargers, and we’re glad to report that at least for the summer, we were able to find adequate PC that just worked (even at 350 kWh stations)!

Suggestions for @Ford Motor Company:
  1. There were times we had to make audibles on our stops and I noticed when having to look for Nearest Chargers while driving it was sorting by default Charging Stations we’ve passed as opposed to upcoming ones.
  2. It would be nice if we can have settings were MM-E Drive Modes can be associated with Intelligent Adaptive Cruise and switch back to the Driver Profile’s Drive Mode after taking over. I found myself preferring Whisper Mode on long stretches where there’s no vehicles, but having to switch back from time to time when having to pass or navigate traffic
Suggestions for Charging Stations:
  1. Installing roofs that can act as Solar Panels and shade above the CS. We ran into issues Charging in Mesquite, NV. where at the highest the temperature was at 111°F. We think this can help with cars having to draw more power because of the external temperature and prevents the cables and plug from getting too hot to the touch.
Apologies in advance for the long winded post but we’re super excited to share our experience with our Mustang Mach-E and our trip!

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Road Trip with our Mustang Mach-E BA007A39-4ADE-44AD-B63C-960A1FD9D4EF

I second that suggestion for showing chargers that are upcoming, not what I have already passed. Ran into that a few times of my road trip that I took in my MME.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Gotta agree, there are areas in the U.S. that have no love for e-cars.
its a challenge for now.

glad you did well On your trip.
Sponsored