For new owners: is it worth it?

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
I have the chance to buy a GB FE which is my desired color but seeing all the little (and sometimes big) issues pop up have me thinking I should just order a later build and wait.
I know it's probably just the "echo chamber" that makes it seem like many are having issues since we're all here on a forum about the freaking car lol but I really don't want to have a bunch of issues crop up with a brand-new car that I would be buying from a dealer an hour and a half away from home.

Anyone else thinking of waiting instead of hunting down a First Edition or even just a Mache E currently on the lot? Feel like it's a game of Russian Roulette right now.
Still waiting on my GB FE which was built on December 5. It's 7 days overdue from the most recent delivery window, and it's been sitting about 30 miles from the dealer for (at least) 4 days now.

I put down money for a 4WD EV first and foremost, and chose the Mustang because it fit the bill. I was expecting to have that 4WD EV in January because I need it, and one way or another I will have one by the end of the month. I'm still hoping to get the MME, but my E-tron test drive is this afternoon.
Sponsored

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The suspension isn't terrible, but it's definitely worse than what we're used to, and worse than what I expected in the $60k car.
Keep in mind that many performance cars (ESPECIALLY the German luxury brands) ride pretty rough. Like the MME, you tend to feel the bumps in the road because of a stiff suspension and, in many cases, run flat tires are pretty rigid and add to the rougher ride (although I know the MME does NOT have run flat tires). However, for many auto enthusiasts, that's what they're looking for. I actually prefer the stiffer suspension; although you feel the road imperfections, that's often the price you pay for sportier handling.

I'm currently driving a BMW 3 Series, and I find the MME suspension is similar. Yes, it's a bit more harsh than average cars, but that's kind of what I was expecting to get in the MME.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Keep in mind that many performance cars (ESPECIALLY the German luxury brands) ride pretty rough. Like the MME, you tend to feel the bumps in the road because of a stiff suspension and, in many cases, run flat tires are pretty rigid and add to the rougher ride (although I know the MME does NOT have run flat tires). However, for many auto enthusiasts, that's what they're looking for. I actually prefer the stiffer suspension; although you feel the road imperfections, that's often the price you pay for sportier handling.

I'm currently driving a BMW 3 Series, and I find the MME suspension is similar. Yes, it's a bit more harsh than average cars, but that's kind of what I was expecting to get in the MME.
It's definitely a "sporty crossover"; rides a little softer than my mustang coupe, but definitely stiffer/more responsive than a typical crossover or SUV.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
yes, but don't bother calling support or dealer with any questions you have, use this forum for questions if you want to get an answer
True that!! I already tried calling "support" Every question i asked the response was "i cant find it in the manual" I said i know i already RTFM!!! Has anyone figured out what the blue line on instrument cluster with the map directions?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I dropped the cold PSI to 37. Seems to have helped some. ?

Or I'm just getting more used to the rougher ride. ?

Probably some of both.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
True that!! I already tried calling "support" Every question i asked the response was "i cant find it in the manual" I said i know i already RTFM!!! Has anyone figured out what the blue line on instrument cluster with the map directions?
what blue line? Each side of the car?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like stiff suspensions, this isn't stiff, it's unsettled. That's different. If find it completely unacceptable.

I would prefer it to be stiffer, but also better damped. I would prefer more road feel, especially more steering feel.
Something is clearly wrong with yours. Many of us are experiencing a modestly stiffer/bumpier ride than other common vehicles (like an Escape in my case), but only modestly (i.e. still in the normal range). You're describing something drastically wrong with your specific car.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There's a blue line on the map that indicates the expected range of the car based on current state-of-charge. Is that what you're referring to?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I still believe they didn't test the Premium 19" ER RWD because they expected nobody to buy it. Everyone who says it's great seems to have an AWD. Don't see many 19" wheel RWDs here.
There's more AWDs, yes, but I've heard from a number of RWD buyers too. They're not reporting any more ride difference than AWD buyers are.

Gotta be a problem with yours. Something is wrong.

Does your dealer have a demo car? Try a test drive in a different one if you can.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
There's more AWDs, yes, but I've heard from a number of RWD buyers too. They're not reporting any more ride difference than AWD buyers are.

Gotta be a problem with yours. Something is wrong.

Does your dealer have a demo car? Try a test drive in a different one if you can.
No demo car at my dealer. We'll see if I can just "get used to it" I guess.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No demo car at my dealer. We'll see if I can just "get used to it" I guess.
Try other dealers. If what you're describing is accurate, something is clearly wrong. The drastic issues as you're describing them are far too extreme to just "live with". You'll never be happy with the car that way, and you'll always be wondering if something is wrong with yours.

It's under warranty for 3 years, so even if you have to wait a few weeks/months to find another MME to drive and compare it to, you've got time.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've dropped the cold PSI in my tires to 37. They were around 40-41 when I got the car. Seems to be helping some.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There's a blue line on the map that indicates the expected range of the car based on current state-of-charge. Is that what you're referring to?
No. It is a blue bar that shows randomly on the nav on ipc

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yep. It signals half mile to go before a freeway junction or exit. At least that is what it does in my car....

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I can now emphatically say yes, the car was worth the wait and trouble.

Absolutely love the car.
Sponsored