rzaseven

First Name
Matteo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Does anyone know if resetting the Sync 4 will force an update. I am still on 1.4 and cannot get it to update. Ford is doing nothing but telling me I have to wait.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Does anyone know if resetting the Sync 4 will force an update. I am still on 1.4 and cannot get it to update. Ford is doing nothing but telling me I have to wait.
No. Updates are a push from Ford. You have to wait until Ford sends it to you.

I'm not clear on how PowerUp 2.3.0 will affect that.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
According to the release notes of 2.3.0 you will be able to request an update, once you get to that version. Doesn’t help you right now.

Right now ford enables your vin for an update. The car can try to perform it during a window. If it doesn’t during that window it will expire and then get enabled again at a later date.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
3) Can I force an update?

No. Unlike app updates, they are not available to go "fetch". We are totally at Ford's mercy here. They will specifically send an update to your car, and it has a limited time window to download and install it.

If you do not have automatic updates turned on, the car will prompt you to start the update or schedule it. But again, only when Ford specifically sends it to your car.
I could be wrong, but the way that I read and understood the notes for 2.3.0, is that you still have to wait for Ford to send the update to your car, and you still have a window to install it.

The difference is for the bigger updates that require your car to be parked (we haven't had any of these yet) you now have more options to schedule it, or as an alternative you can request that it install immediately once Ford sends it to you

The key thing here being you still have to wait on Ford to send it to your specific car. But again I could be wrong, just how I read it
Sponsored