Ford Email - Software Updates. Anyone else get this?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Is it safe to assume if my car didn't arrive at the dealer (I didn't order it, bought what was on the dealer's lot) until this January it's a J2? And if so, what are the differences between J1 and J2? Thanks in advance.
Open drivers door. Read sticker. Likely Job 2.

The main differences are in software. Job 2 vehicles are more updated. Job 1 vehicles got a massive update, at dealers, in the late Fall to make them "equal". They are not equal.

Another big difference is that some Job 2 vehicles have BlueCruise activated. Others are ready to activate. Job 1 vehicles need more updates to get activated, and they'll get a free year of BlueCruise, whereas Job 2 vehicles already paid for 3 years of it.
Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
When I have not set autmatic updates and no schedule set, it would inform that there is an update ready to install?
If it requires your car to be parked, yes. If it can install it on the fly while driving, it'll just do it and tell you after

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
It will warn you if it needs to be parked. You should see an icon like this on the status bar of the sync screen when such an update is waiting.

Screenshot_20220209-001536_FordPass.jpg

If you have automatic updates on AND a schedule set, it will wait for the next scheduled time to install the update. Otherwise you can push the "update now" button if you don't want to wait for the next scheduled time.

ooohhhhh, that what the clock means..... would have been a good bit of info for Ford to put in that email!

I really hope they start sending email/messages with more detailed release notes PRIOR to OTA updates so that Owners can decide if they want to accept, or wait, or schedule an update.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
ooohhhhh, that what the clock means..... would have been a good bit of info for Ford to put in that email!

I really hope they start sending email/messages with more detailed release notes PRIOR to OTA updates so that Owners can decide if they want to accept, or wait, or schedule an update.
The problem is they expect everyone to be nerds like me who read the manual lol... That being said I'm sure the car will explicitly say something as well when one of these updates comes.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would just be glad to get past 1.7.1, which I have been stuck in since late November, 2021!!!

Ford said it would be fixed by the end of February.

They have 20 days. I really hope they can get this fixed!

Jim
I been stuck since Oct... took it to dealer 3 times they keep saying its fixed but it's not still stuck on 1.7.1. I haven't had an update since. Reached out to Ford in here they connected me to a tech who was so bad did nothing basically said take it to a dealer and doesn't respond to emails. Then I reached out again last week Ford said they would have someone reach out to me and never heard from them yet. Not only did I buy this car but I talked my son in to buying it too. I was responsible for 2 Mach-e and still get no help. I hope this promised Feb update fixes my update issue. The update button has been grayed out since Nov.

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
I been stuck since Oct... took it to dealer 3 times they keep saying its fixed but it's not still stuck on 1.7.1. I haven't had an update since. Reached out to Ford in here they connected me to a tech who was so bad did nothing basically said take it to a dealer and doesn't respond to emails. Then I reached out again last week Ford said they would have someone reach out to me and never heard from them yet. Not only did I buy this car but I talked my son in to buying it too. I was responsible for 2 Mach-e and still get no help. I hope this promised Feb update fixes my update issue. The update button has been grayed out since Nov.
I am in the same boat, went to the dealer three times, each time they told me it is updated, but it was not. Ford told me they are aware, and they are working on a fix. This email they sent out is somewhat useless.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
My car under software updates no longer shows a release level. All it shows is that it is current? Looking at the support site and Fordpass app there is no indication of what software level my car is at. The last time I could see that information was when it was on 1.7.1. Then took it to the dealer for the glass recall and several updates where installed. Now no info on software.

I signed up for the early access program for BlueCruise and I have nothing. Seems I have gone from current info to no info... Any one else have this situation???

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
My car under software updates no longer shows a release level. All it shows is that it is current? Looking at the support site and Fordpass app there is no indication of what software level my car is at. The last time I could see that information was when it was on 1.7.1. Then took it to the dealer for the glass recall and several updates where installed. Now no info on software.

I signed up for the early access program for BlueCruise and I have nothing. Seems I have gone from current info to no info... Any one else have this situation???
That's normal, if they installed updates at the dealer, it won't have the release notes showing in sync. Do you have the blocks game, horizontal volume bar, and portrait mode car play? If so, then the dealer installed the software that came with the most recent update.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
That's normal, if they installed updates at the dealer, it won't have the release notes showing in sync. Do you have the blocks game, horizontal volume bar, and portrait mode car play? If so, then the dealer installed the software that came with the most recent update.
All I have is the Notepad. So not current I gather?

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Not got this one, but I got a notification about Puma rally car instead.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Email - Software Updates. Anyone else get this? Screenshot_20220209-134721
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Email - Software Updates. Anyone else get this? PXL_20220209_195340286

Just got these. Which ic also changed my Blue Cruise hands free driving mode date from March till 10-09-2022.
Wish could get the game update that would be neat

Mach e Aankh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Ex RWD BLK
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I am still Stuck with "Failed" at 1.7.1 since early December. I hope it means that something is coming to fix that or it is a cruel joke. It could mean BC coming soon too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Email - Software Updates. Anyone else get this? PXL_20220209_195340286
Got another one

Screenshot_20220209-171013.png

CaptHal

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKT, 2021 Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have Blue Cruise activated in MME when delivered. But no games, volume bar etc.
All it says is I have the "Latest update". Never shows anything else.
Tried taking it to dealer. Got zip nada from them.
I called Ford. Nice lady who couldn't figure out anything. Didn't know why no updates.
I guess Ford doesn't feel I deserve any updates.
Sponsored