Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Fisker will probably not be ready in 2022, they don't have the factory, tools, workers, sites, etc...
No idea about who will make the batteries. They are far away to get something on the market. The only way would be to get another manufactory to make they cars like Jaguar F-Pace!!!
For now the Fisker is still vaporware and we don't know what the real price will be. It might as well be a Dyson.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Now confirmation from another source:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer Orders Open June 22
Tele-dealer training will be shortly after, and we'll see the new Ford EV in driveways in late 2020.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/futur...Jnb2HYNYv6xHuAckGN8cRRGureStUXrYMnv29zbXAkTCE
Always good to see more trending this way... although in reality this is another article but it’s based on the same source (the dealer communication). But, hey, I’ll take any good news.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder if this date will apply also in Canada? I'll check with my dealer just in case.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Ford is ramping up training as the Mustang Mach-E is nearly ready for sale. According to dealer communiques from Ford, snagged by EVBite, the Mach-E dealer order books will open June 22, which means that “reservations will start to be converted to orders for the electric car.” It takes eight-12 weeks from order to delivery.
Something doesn't add up. If you do the math, that sounds like delivery could be as early as September or October at the latest... which is great if true, but suspect.... (sounds more like pre covid timeline, currently thought we are expecting closer to December, maybe November at earliest...)

Anyways, I'm not going to covert to an order without ability to sit in something close, or at least fully refundable...

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Something doesn't add up. If you do the math, that sounds like delivery could be as early as September or October at the latest... which is great if true, but suspect....
Sounds like they may have just been stating the normal order-to-delivery time of already in-production vehicles (which usually is in the 8-12 week range). Rather than for the Mach-e specifically, which isn't even in production yet. Misleading in this case.

My guess anyway.

Orders for already in-production vehicles usually trickle in slowly (thus why it's only 8-12 weeks). But for a brand-new vehicle like the Mach-e where they're taking orders well in advance, they're gonna have 10's of thousands of orders in the queue before the first ones are even delivered. Sounds like it'll be more like 5-6 months until the first delivery, and deliveries spread out over probably half a year from there to fill them all.

Last edited:

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
June 22 is right around the corner. Simple wait and see will answer all those questions. No point getting worry or worked up on deposits, test drives until we are certain on how Ford will be handling it.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
June 22 is right around the corner. Simple wait and see will answer all those questions. No point getting worry or worked up on deposits, test drives until we are certain on how Ford will be handling it.
This is true... but since it's also just over two weeks away from us turning our reservations into orders, it would be great if Ford was helping by giving us info on what we need to know in order to decide. I'm probably not alone in saying I don't want an email at 10pm on June 23 saying "Surprise!!"

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is true... but since it's also just over two weeks away from us turning our reservations into orders, it would be great if Ford was helping by giving us info on what we need to know in order to decide. I'm probably not alone in saying I don't want an email at 10pm on June 23 saying "Surprise!!"
Understood. Maybe I am more relax since my reservation is in the 13k range so I know I will have time. Its more critical for you guys in the 4-6k range to know the details before they open up the ordering.

hharold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E FORD MUSTANG MACH E INSIDER INFO, RUMORS, AND RELEASE DATE 1591793100154

Wat strikes me is the differences in Range between this table and the Ford reservation website.
For the premium ER RWD there is a 72 miles differences with the Ford website in the Netherlands.

Which standards is this based on ? Or am i missing something here?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E FORD MUSTANG MACH E INSIDER INFO, RUMORS, AND RELEASE DATE 1591793100154

Wat strikes me is the differences in Range between this table and the Ford reservation website.
For the premium ER RWD there is a 72 miles differences with the Ford website in the Netherlands.

Which standards is this based on ? Or am i missing something here?
You're right that the difference is likely just a reflection of different standards. This table is based on the EPA cycle. I don't know what the Netherlands site uses, but likely WLTP or even NEDC cycles, which will both give much higher ranges.

hharold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
You're right that the difference is likely just a reflection of different standards. This table is based on the EPA cycle. I don't know what the Netherlands site uses, but likely WLTP or even NEDC cycles, which will both give much higher ranges.
I think it is WLTP indeed, so the ranges mentioned in this table are more realistic ;) ?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it is WLTP indeed, so the ranges mentioned in this table are more realistic ;) ?
Much has been written on which is more accurate.
At the end of the day, the answer is just "it depends how you drive."
EPA cycle focuses more on longer cruises (more common in the US) and WLTP focuses more on short distance start-stop driving. One cycle will be more "realistic" for some and EPA for others.

hharold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
EPA cycle focuses more on longer cruises (more common in the US) and WLTP focuses more on short distance start-stop driving. One cycle will be more "realistic" for some and EPA for others.
Understood.
As long as you compare cars with figures from the same standards, you'll be fine.

And indeed it is different driving in the Netherlands, lots of city driving or congested highways.
Less longer cruises ;) and during daytime a 60 miles speed limit on the highways.

Thanks for the clarification.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. Although it should be noted that those longer drives in the EPA calculation are still not calculated at high speed (or include very little of it).

WLTP seems to be low-speed city, EPA more of a medium speed mix, while high-speed highway road trips just have to be extrapolated (20-30% worse than EPA range).
Sponsored