methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
So has anyone had contact with their dealers in regards to this June 22nd info? Getting closer to this date and no direct info from Ford or dealers is somewhat frustrating to me.

I had e-mailed my dealer contact back in May with no response, and again a few weeks ago still with no response. I'm guessing I'm going to call today - I'd at least like a "Hey, sorry no new info" response...
Sponsored

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
So has anyone had contact with their dealers in regards to this June 22nd info? Getting closer to this date and no direct info from Ford or dealers is somewhat frustrating to me.

I had e-mailed my dealer contact back in May with no response, and again a few weeks ago still with no response. I'm guessing I'm going to call today - I'd at least like a "Hey, sorry no new info" response...
Nothing. I even tried calling and never could get a call back from sales manager. Not good.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Nothing. I even tried calling and never could get a call back from sales manager. Not good.
Lame. If I'm having to finalize my dealer decisions around the 22nd and my selected can't even give a simple reply to an e-mail, I think I'll be looking at other dealer options. They were pretty responsive shortly after reservations went live, called to give me a brochure and everything.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Now confirmation from another source:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer Orders Open June 22
Tele-dealer training will be shortly after, and we'll see the new Ford EV in driveways in late 2020.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/futur...Jnb2HYNYv6xHuAckGN8cRRGureStUXrYMnv29zbXAkTCE
In that article . . . and maybe I missed something originally . . . but what does it mean below by saying "free for 2 years" -
"The Mustang Mach-E should have a decent charging network, as well. The brand will introduce the FordPass Charging Network that put several networks under its banner, including Electrify America. It will total more than 12,000 stations with more than 35,000 plugs and will be free for two years with the purchase of a Mach-E. The company also trademarked “Fastor Charge,” which EVBites thinks is a small charging network starting from its dealerships."

Does that really mean that charging in that network will be free for 2 years??

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
In that article . . . and maybe I missed something originally . . . but what does it mean below by saying "free for 2 years" -
"The Mustang Mach-E should have a decent charging network, as well. The brand will introduce the FordPass Charging Network that put several networks under its banner, including Electrify America. It will total more than 12,000 stations with more than 35,000 plugs and will be free for two years with the purchase of a Mach-E. The company also trademarked “Fastor Charge,” which EVBites thinks is a small charging network starting from its dealerships."

No - it would mean that the paid membership to use that network will be free for 2 years. The paid membership probably offers reduced rates, much like the membership to EA/etc do.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Probably membership in Ford Pass for 2 years gives EA member pricing for two years. Just my guess.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
1591793100154.png

Wat strikes me is the differences in Range between this table and the Ford reservation website.
For the premium ER RWD there is a 72 miles differences with the Ford website in the Netherlands.

Which standards is this based on ? Or am i missing something here?
The GT range is so much lower. I wonder what the GT range would be if not driven in GT mode?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
The GT range is so much lower. I wonder what the GT range would be if not driven in GT mode?
There's no "GT mode." That's like asking what the fuel consumption on the Mustang GT would be if not driven in V8 mode.
For what it's worth though, that is the range of the GT with performance option package. The standard GT has slightly higher estimated range of 250.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The way I read it was that dealers were to begin online training for ordering on June 22nd and actual order conversions were shortly thereafter.

We still are just guessing on Ford's deal with EA. Could be anything from complimentary EA Pass+ Pricing, unique rates like Hyundai/Kia, free kWh like Audi or Porsche, to whatever you can think of when Plug & Charge is rolled out with the account linked to your credit card.

230-250mi for the GT sucks. I really hope they are able to extend its range to closer to the 280mi that Tesla has for the Performance Y. Some sort of eco mode to stretch its range to make it more competitive.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
There's no "GT mode." That's like asking what the fuel consumption on the Mustang GT would be if not driven in V8 mode.
For what it's worth though, that is the range of the GT with performance option package. The standard GT has slightly higher estimated range of 250.
I thought I read the GT has a few different driving modes from economy to peformance, which most cars these days have. that would make a difference in daily mpg. I'm just wondering what the default "rated" driving mode was. I hope it wasn't whisper...

The Mustang Mach-E features three driving modes named Whisper, Engage, and Unbridled.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I thought I read the GT has a few different driving modes from economy to peformance, which most cars these days have. that would make a difference in daily mpg. I'm just wondering what the default "rated" driving mode was. I hope it wasn't whisper...

The Mustang Mach-E features three driving modes named Whisper, Engage, and Unbridled.
I seen an article from Nov 2019 that whisper is the default, but who knows if things might change before (or even after with over the air updates) it's shipping. I assume it has the lowest eMPG because it does the least regenerative breaking.

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
[QUOTE = "methorian, message: 16964, membre: 235"]
Quelqu'un a-t-il eu des contacts avec ses concessionnaires Ă  propos de cette information du 22 juin? Se rapprocher de cette date et aucune information directe de Ford ou des concessionnaires n'est quelque peu frustrant pour moi.

J'avais envoyé un e-mail à mon contact revendeur en mai sans réponse, et encore il y a quelques semaines toujours sans réponse. Je suppose que je vais appeler aujourd'hui - j'aimerais au moins une réponse "Hé, désolé pas de nouvelle info" ...
[/CITATION]
Oui, mon concessionnaire m'a téléphoné jeudi dernier pour me confirmer que Ford France a donné confirmé une demande de fabrication pour ma FE avec un numéro de contrat. Il m'a dit aussi que les réservations seraient converties en commande avant fin juin avec possibilité de rétractation sans condition jusqu'à un essai prévu qui serait prévue fin août. Livraison prévue janvier 2021. À suivre, plus que quelques jours de patience.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

Yes, but just to be clear, all MMEs will have the three modes -- not just the GT. I'm not sure which mode is used for these estimates, but I would assume the whisper because it would be the one to return the better numbers for Ford. In any event, I really have to assume that it was the same mode for the GT as for the others, so the relative figures between the models are probably pretty accurate as to what percentage you sacrifice by going with the GT.
There's no "GT mode" that can be turned off to give you non-GT range.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I feel the same and did exactly the same thing here

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, but just to be clear, all MMEs will have the three modes -- not just the GT. I'm not sure which mode is used for these estimates, but I would assume the whisper because it would be the one to return the better numbers for Ford. In any event, I really have to assume that it was the same mode for the GT as for the others, so the relative figures between the models are probably pretty accurate as to what percentage you sacrifice by going with the GT.
There's no "GT mode" that can be turned off to give you non-GT range.
Don't forget that the GT has a bigger motor on the front axle and thus more torque and more power, also bigger tires and a heavier car so that makes the range difference
Sponsored