2021 Mustang Mach-E Models / Trims and Availability Dates

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I just noticed something that has me a bit concerned. I understood that the First Edition had all of the Premium features, plus a few additions (based on the FE configuration page that can no longer be accessed).

However, I just noticed the Tech Specs (current version) does not list the B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with 10-Speakers in the package of Interior Features. That sound system is only listed for the Premium. Is this an error in the Tech Specs page?

I do see it listed in specs from alternate information sources such as evspecifications:
https://www.evspecifications.com/en/model/3047e6

Anyone have a definitive answer (maybe @hybrid2bev)?
I don’t know for sure. My guess is that it’s an omission error. But it’s not impossible that the final package specification has changed. We’ll find out soon.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don’t know for sure. My guess is that it’s an omission error. But it’s not impossible that the final package specification has changed. We’ll find out soon.
Thanks. It's not a change as that "omission" was omitted in the original tech specs, too. I only confirmed it is still the same on the current one.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I just noticed something that has me a bit concerned. I understood that the First Edition had all of the Premium features, plus a few additions (based on the FE configuration page that can no longer be accessed).

However, I just noticed the Tech Specs (current version) does not list the B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with 10-Speakers in the package of Interior Features. That sound system is only listed for the Premium. Is this an error in the Tech Specs page?

I do see it listed in specs from alternate information sources such as evspecifications:
https://www.evspecifications.com/en/model/3047e6

Anyone have a definitive answer (maybe @hybrid2bev)?
Look at the tech specs on this page. I had the same questions when I read through it again yesterday. Definite differences listed between FE and Premium that give the Premium the upper hand in my case, but not sure it's entirely accurate right now. I would love to try to jump on an open FE reservation, but not at the cost of features for a higher price. https://www.ford.com/mach-e/2021/media-kit/

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Look at the tech specs on this page. I had the same questions when I read through it again yesterday. Definite differences listed between FE and Premium that give the Premium the upper hand in my case, but not sure it's entirely accurate right now. I would love to try to jump on an open FE reservation, but not at the cost of features for a higher price. https://www.ford.com/mach-e/2021/media-kit/
Yes. Those are the tech specs I was referring to.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Look at the tech specs on this page. I had the same questions when I read through it again yesterday. Definite differences listed between FE and Premium that give the Premium the upper hand in my case, but not sure it's entirely accurate right now.
The brochure seems pretty clear about features. The Premium contains the key Select features + some and the FE contains the key Premium features + some. So the FE should have the B&O sound system.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mustang Mach-E Models / Trims and Availability Dates Features.JPG

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The brochure seems pretty clear about features. The Premium contains the key Select features + some and the FE contains the key Premium features + some. So the FE should have the B&O sound system.

Features.JPG
The "Includes key Premium features..." is what we missed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited:

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you go to the Ford MME page and look at Compare Model Specs, it clearly states B&O is standard on the FE.
(Not available on Select or California)
@Mopey did well with the brochure page but it was @eager2own for the win with the compare specs. That source is unambiguous.

Thanks folks!

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
Looks like the dates available for Select and Rt. 1 are now late 2020 - just visited ford.com and these have have been updated from 2021...

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Not sure how useful this is for some but Premium and above I believe have Acoustic front side glass (reduce road noise?) - not available on Rt. 1.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Does it seem like the GT is being delayed longer than the COVID shutdown?

MME GT was supposed to come out in Spring (April?) 2021 but is now delayed til Late Summer (September?).

I feel like something is going on with Ford and the Mach-E GT. If it is delayed a bit longer, what could be the reason?
  • Hardware issues that need additional work?
  • Changing out components?
  • New calibrations to better match competitors?
    • Better range
    • Better acceleration
    • Better charging speeds

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Hard to say. It could still be just COVID. I wouldn't be surprised if resources have been diverted to other products so they can keep those on schedule, such as the new Bronco lineup and F-150. Those will sell in much higher volume and earn more money than the Mach-E GT, which only accounts for a fraction of the already low volume Mach-e. Besides just the work delays, COVID was absolutely brutal to Fords stock value and shareholder confidence, so I imagine there is a lot of pressure to get those other projects launched successfully to keep the shareholders happy and balance sheets above water. Ford is already reeling from other issues the last few years, like the Air Bag recalls, transmission issues, and troubled Explorer launch so things were already shaky for them before COVID striked and they can't afford to mess up any of their big upcoming launches.
Sponsored

Last edited: