Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
dammit! waited too long didn't see this news. was going in for surgery that week and I should have ordered before. nothing to do about it I guess unless someone else ordered a route 1 in ice blue that they don't want
Sponsored

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Itā€™s just 2022 cars ordered as of yesterday. The sticker MSRP on your 2021 will not change.
So now it is 2022 and my 2022 MME has a window sticker price with the increase as well as on Ford.com. Not sure how it will be handled when my car comes in . Seems like dealers are under no obligation to honor old prices. The good news is the price of my 2014 Honda Accord hybrid keeps going up with Carvana.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Yeah it's weird because the Ford app shows the original MSRP on my order (car is going to production next week).

OP
OP
Dancefreak

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
So now it is 2022 and my 2022 MME has a window sticker price with the increase as well as on Ford.com. Not sure how it will be handled when my car comes in . Seems like dealers are under no obligation to honor old prices. The good news is the price of my 2014 Honda Accord hybrid keeps going up with Carvana.
yup. It hit us all. Thereā€™s a lot of chaos today so, I think we need to see what happens in the next few days. Hopefully thereā€™s a program to address it like the $750 offered when ā€˜21s were converted to ā€˜22s.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Country flag
yup. It hit us all. Thereā€™s a lot of chaos today so, I think we need to see what happens in the next few days. Hopefully thereā€™s a program to address it like the $750 offered when ā€˜21s were converted to ā€˜22s.
Everyone originally got all over me, when I read the announcemnt for Dec 7 increase, I kept emphasizing that it said ALL 2022 models. Again I would prefer the old price but am making more $$ now on my trade . I hope that Ford is working really hard with their lobbyist to make sure MME is classified as a SUV.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It sounds like dealers are NOT accepting old prices but all 2022 have new prices.
So you have verified examples of a person that had a car on order, and went they went to buy it and drive home, the dealer said the price had gone up (not ADM), and they had to pay more?

Or, you're drawing the conclusion because many stickers went up that dealers will charge more? If so, you will be wrong.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Country flag
So you have verified examples of a person that had a car on order, and went they went to buy it and drive home, the dealer said the price had gone up (not ADM), and they had to pay more?

Or, you're drawing the conclusion because many stickers went up that dealers will charge more? If so, you will be wrong.
On the 1/3 and 1/10 build groups people have contacted their dealers and were told the old prices would not be accepted. Only the new. It's not just window sticker. The price on ford.com has also gone up. I printed my ford.com a few weeks ago with old price but now only the new show up. Who says Ford will credit the dealers? I sent my window sticker to my salesman and asked about the increase. Radio Silence

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On the 1/3 and 1/10 build groups people have contacted their dealers and were told the old prices would not be accepted. Only the new. It's not just window sticker. The price on ford.com has also gone up. I printed my ford.com a few weeks ago with old price but now only the new show up. Who says Ford will credit the dealers? I sent my window sticker to my salesman and asked about the increase. Radio Silence
This is the power of the internets. People creating issues that don't exist, calling dealers to talk to uninformed salespeople, and then writing posts full of non-facts.

Price increases have gone on forever with cars. Regularly there are price increases at least once a model year. People who order vehicles pay the price they ordered it with.

"Internets" is used instead of a sarcasm font. Stop worrying about it.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Country flag
This is the power of the internets. People creating issues that don't exist, calling dealers to talk to uninformed salespeople, and then writing posts full of non-facts.

Price increases have gone on forever with cars. Regularly there are price increases at least once a model year. People who order vehicles pay the price they ordered it with.

"Internets" is used instead of a sarcasm font. Stop worrying about it.
[/QQ
Will you guarantee this? In this market I wouldn't trust anyone that doesn't have that information in writing. Again I am fine either way (dont tell my salesman that) as I am getting so much more for my car than it is really worth.
More concerned on the SUV vs station wagon classification, but what the hell, nephews get less when I die!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, I give you my personal guarantee. That, and $1.00, will get you nothing at Starbuck's.

And please don't get started on the potential tax rebate for a law that hasn't passed, in which the wording for classification has everyone in a tizzy. Ford spends lots of money on lobbyists, and there is no way the Mach-E, nor the F-150 Lightning, is not going to qualify for the full tax credit that they are eligible for.

Just to note, I ordered my Mach-E on 5/29. I then bought a cancelled order on 7/2, but kept my order in place. I will likely accept the order, then sell my 2021.

When I ordered, my MSRP was $57,040, with an A-Plan price of $55,077. When Ford converted the order to a 2022, my MSRP was $57,395, an increase of $355 (I removed the floor mats, a $240 option, which would have raised my price $595 in total). I was given a $750 rebate to cover any price increase, so I netted a price lower than my original one by $155. Ford.com now shows my order with an MSRP of $59,395. I fully expect to pay an A-Plan price of $55,428 - $750 = $54,678. While my 2021 was $54,171 after a $100 incentive, it didn't include BlueCruise being activated, which is $600. Therefore, the comparison is really $54,678 for a 2022 vs. $54,771 for a 2021, or $93 less.

I have zero concern that Ford Motor Company, or my dealer, will try to screw me. Zero.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Window stickers show MSRP.

MSRP is a fixed price set by the manufacturer.

ā€œSelling priceā€ has ALWAYS been the price NEGOTIATED at the DEALERSHIP.

Iā€™m not yelling. Just emphasized to be as clear as possible. This has always been the way cars have been sold in the US. Nothing has changed. If your dealership is trying to raise your price, negotiate better or find a new dealership.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Country flag
Window stickers show MSRP.

MSRP is a fixed price set by the manufacturer.

ā€œSelling priceā€ has ALWAYS been the price NEGOTIATED at the DEALERSHIP.

Iā€™m not yelling. Just emphasized to be as clear as possible. This has always been the way cars have been sold in the US. Nothing has changed. If your dealership is trying to raise your price, negotiate better or find a new dealership.
I thought the idea and advantage of X plan (as a large company retiree) was there was no negotiation..
And yes you were yelling !

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I thought the idea and advantage of X plan (as a large company retiree) was there was no negotiation..
And yes you were yelling !
Read it however you like I guess.

Even if you think Iā€™m yelling, Iā€™m yelling the GOOD NEWS! ?

Even X plan is negotiated. Many dealers wonā€™t take X plan. You have to negotiate to get them to accept to take it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are correct, X-Plan is a non-negotiated price. It is based on the invoice price, which on the Mach-E is the same as the MSRP. 2% below, plus $275. Then the dealer may charge up to $100 for paperwork.
Sponsored