Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
@RickMachE

Help me understand, please!

Ordered on 8/22 Premium ER AWD.

Requested to upgrade to a GT Cyber Orange a 2 days ago. Dealership said they would send a confirmation in next 2 days. Probably I will get a confirmation in a day or two. But at what price?

Dealership do not want to answer this question now.
Refer to post #69.
Sponsored

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
I certainly would not chance it but, go for it and let us know what happens. ?
I chanced it and it didn’t turn out well. MSRP went up to $49.1 plus destination has the total at 50.1k now. What happens if I cancel the order through Ford? Does the dealer get to keep the car?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I chanced it and it didn’t turn out well. MSRP went up to $49.1 plus destination has the total at 50.1k now. What happens if I cancel the order through Ford? Does the dealer get to keep the car?
If it has already been ordered not sure you can cancel with Ford directly, you may need to do it with dealer. In that case I guess it's up to the dealer if they want to keep the car or not.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
@RickMachE

Help me understand, please!

Ordered on 8/22 Premium ER AWD.

Requested to upgrade to a GT Cyber Orange a 2 days ago. Dealership said they would send a confirmation in next 2 days. Probably I will get a confirmation in a day or two. But at what price?

Dealership do not want to answer this question now.
Sorry, you are gonna get nailed with the new price! ?

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
I originally had a 21 MME RWD on order and changed to a 22 AWD in Oct. The 21 invoice deal sheet reflected the X Plan price but the 22 one did not as the dealer stated they did not know it at the time.

My question is: will the X Plan be based off the pre 12/8 price or the current one? This may have been answered but I did not see it. I have not asked my dealership yet. My dealership seems pretty decent based on others who have used them from forum.

It may be better not to take the X Plan if the price is based off the pre 12/8 one.

RSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black CA Route 1 Mach-e
Country flag
What did you change from and to?

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I originally had a 21 MME RWD on order and changed to a 22 AWD in Oct. The 21 invoice deal sheet reflected the X Plan price but the 22 one did not as the dealer stated they did not know it at the time.

My question is: will the X Plan be based off the pre 12/8 price or the current one? This may have been answered but I did not see it. I have not asked my dealership yet. My dealership seems pretty decent based on others who have used them from forum.

It may be better not to take the X Plan if the price is based off the pre 12/8 one.

I'm sorta wondering too. X-Plan is supposed to base it on MSRP, but since existing order MSRPs are lower than new order MSRPs, will they do the math with our old MSRP?

I guess we'll find out in a month+ when 2022s show up.

Hope it's the old MSRP.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I requested a color change before the price change from Ford. My dealer just updated my color choice and also MSRP....WTF.....

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just wanted to update my earlier post, I contacted my salesman about the price increase and he said on his side it's the same as before and there was no increase in price. He even sent me the order form. The Ford website shows an updated price though so for those who make changes just verify with your salesman.

SignMD

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE, 2023 BMW iX
Country flag
Just wanted to update my earlier post, I contacted my salesman about the price increase and he said on his side it's the same as before and there was no increase in price. He even sent me the order form. The Ford website shows an updated price though so for those who make changes just verify with your salesman.
I talked to my sales guy also, he confirmed my pricing is what was quoted (and signed) and there is no price increase. He also insinuated that more price hikes will be coming. My mach-e will be registered in NJ so no sales tax either.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I talked to my sales guy also, he confirmed my pricing is what was quoted (and signed) and there is no price increase. He also insinuated that more price hikes will be coming. My mach-e will be registered in NJ so no sales tax either.
But I see people on the 1/3 build chat with window stickers at the new price. My only contract I signed was at the 2021 price in August. The dealer did the 2022 rollover

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
But I see people on the 1/3 build chat with window stickers at the new price. My only contract I signed was at the 2021 price in August. The dealer did the 2022 rollover
The window sticker will always show MSRP.

The price you pay will always be what you negotiate with your dealer.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
The window sticker will always show MSRP.

The price you pay will always be what you negotiate with your dealer.
From what I've heard some dealers didn't honor the "negotiated" price even before price increase

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
From what I've heard some dealers didn't honor the "negotiated" price even before price increase
As some have found, the negotiations don’t end until the deal is done.

And people fixate on the new car selling price when it’s only a part of the equation.

Trade in, dealer add ons, and interest rates can have a larger impact than the car price.

I got X plan, but the trade in was thousands lower than CarMax gave me.

Dealer tried add ons, I didn’t take any.

Their interest rate sucked (4%), financed with the credit union.

But the trade in and interest rate would have cost me more than what I got with X plan vs MSRP if I just took everything that was offered to me.
Sponsored