VJ2021

First Name
Vijay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Country flag
From around mid aug i have had this issue where ford pass app randomly starts draining my phone battery. Whatever the app is doing it gets so processing intensive that it even heats up the phone. I have to eventually kill the app to stop the battery drain, but then PAAK wont work till i open the app.

I was hoping with 3.30.0 update this will go away but haven't had any luck. I even deleted the app setup it up again to see if it would help but has made no difference. Was wondering if it was related to PAAK, so i even did setup the PAAK for few day (after reinstalling everything) but no luck.

It even has happened on days i have not even interacted with car (while my car was in service unfortunately.. but that's diff story)

Wondering if anyone else has been seeing this.

Ford pass App - 3.30.0 (have seen it in prev version too)
Phone - Android Pixel 4a 5G (running Android 11 /w Aug security patch)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass draining Phone (android) battery Screenshot_20210915-164528
Sponsored

prostang

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Ford Mustang (tubbed), 2015 F-350 Superduty
Country flag
This issue has been posted before and, yes, everyone Android has the issue. I am beta testing Android 12 and have to Pause the Pass app to keep it from killing my battery.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same on Android 11

MAP70

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD
Country flag
Me too.. I have to force stop the app..

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Same here on my s10+. Submitted feedback and got the following response:

Hi Dave. Our apologies. We verified that specific smartphone models are verbose about Bluetooth disconnection events and triggered FordPass to fire network calls to check the vehicle status. A fix is on its way. A thousand apologies.

OP
OP

VJ2021

First Name
Vijay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Country flag
Same here on my s10+. Submitted feedback and got the following response:

Hi Dave. Our apologies. We verified that specific smartphone models are verbose about Bluetooth disconnection events and triggered FordPass to fire network calls to check the vehicle status. A fix is on its way. A thousand apologies.
Thanks for sharing

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Today FordPass used a bit of my battery, quickly draining my phone below 50%...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass draining Phone (android) battery Screenshot_20210918-123521
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass draining Phone (android) battery Screenshot_20210918-123521

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Noticed on Friday that my phone was near zero at bedtime, last night also. FordPass was the culprit yesterday, using 36% of my battery.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass draining Phone (android) battery Screenshot_20220129-232600

delacruz.c5d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium eAWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Horrible Golfer that can reboot a computer
Country flag
I also was wondering what was causing my phone to discharge at a higher rate. Mark one on the board for "Internet User Forums".

Has anyone tried setting the Battery Usage on the FordPass app from Optimized to Restricted? I really don't care or even want any of the notifications from the app. I just want to check the status on the car, and remote start it when I'm going to walk out of my work to heat up the cabin. I've not set FordPass app to "Restricted" and I'll see what happens...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I also was wondering what was causing my phone to discharge at a higher rate. Mark one on the board for "Internet User Forums".

Has anyone tried setting the Battery Usage on the FordPass app from Optimized to Restricted? I really don't care or even want any of the notifications from the app. I just want to check the status on the car, and remote start it when I'm going to walk out of my work to heat up the cabin. I've not set FordPass app to "Restricted" and I'll see what happens...
Yes, check to see how well that did it didn't work:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/search/842090/?q=FordPass+restricted&o=date

delacruz.c5d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium eAWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Horrible Golfer that can reboot a computer
Country flag
Ah...yes...the old macheforum searching. No offense to the moderators and/or people that run this forum, but sometimes, if feels like the using the search to find a few needles in the cumulative forum haystack returns a slightly smaller haystack.

Who would've though development for the wild, wild west that is Android hardware would be difficult? I've been a strong Google hardware user since OG Droid, but it can be frustrating none the less...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ah...yes...the old macheforum searching. No offense to the moderators and/or people that run this forum, but sometimes, if feels like the using the search to find a few needles in the cumulative forum haystack returns a slightly smaller haystack.

Who would've though development for the wild, wild west that is Android hardware would be difficult? I've been a strong Google hardware user since OG Droid, but it can be frustrating none the less...
The built-in forum search isn't great... And it perpetually worsens as we make new posts instead of finding existing topics.

The good news is, this one is very easy to isolate (terms: FordPass restricted) and Bing/Google-fu usually helps find things, too. Good luck with your reading. :)

Based on some digging into this on LinkedIn, I think the FordPass development team leans younger and less experienced. Ford could have done a better job of balancing and diversifying their backgrounds and experience.

hwpaints

First Name
henk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e rwd
Country flag
the ford[ass also sucking my old i phone 8, i sett it now by only using the app and much better, i am not using it as a key ,have 2 keyfobs that work fine for me and reliable
Sponsored