hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Re: 3.6.2, OTA came to my car today. EA, but not in IR beta, fwiw. GOM reduced by 10%, driving history reset, radio reset to AM, no other changes noticed.

Now back to CarPlay/Profiles complaints.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The problem is that it fixes an issue (hands full) 1% of the time, but creates issues the other 99% of the time. I'd rather just set down whatever I'm carrying to 'fix' that issue.
Again, maybe for you. When I leave work, most days I have building plans, contracts, etc. and don't really want to lay those on the floor of our parking garage lol. I rarely ever have to double press the door button with my key. I don't use PaaK regularly.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The problem is that it fixes an issue (hands full) 1% of the time, but creates issues the other 99% of the time. I'd rather just set down whatever I'm carrying to 'fix' that issue.
Sounds more like a PAAK issue as opposed a door button issue. If so, the mechanical handle wouldn’t work, either.
I use the fob and the doors work perfectly.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Sounds more like a PAAK issue as opposed a door button issue. If so, the mechanical handle wouldn’t work, either.
I use the fob and the doors work perfectly.
It has nothing to do with PAAK because I have never used it. I still sometimes need to press the button more than once to open a door. And even after I press the button, I STILL need to pull the door open, just as I would if there was a handle to open it (so I'm not sure why Neil4Real thinks this helps with hands full).

That's my biggest (engineering) issue with this: It actually turns a one-step process into at two-step process, for no discernible gain. Add in the extra mechanical/electrical components that will inevitably fail, and I am still baffled how this idea ever made it past the first demo to management.

My favorite is when I drop my daughter off at school. She exits the front passenger door, goes to the rear passenger door, and it won't open. I press the unlock button on my door, and then it will open. Why? I guess you would need to ask a Ford engineer that...

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And even after I press the button, I STILL need to pull the door open, just as I would if there was a handle to open it (so I'm not sure why Neil4Real thinks this helps with hands full).
Because you have to grip the handle on a modern car to open it... it is too thick and requires to much force for my pinky to wrap around it and pull to get the door open. I need at least 2 or 3 fingers to properly grip it and then I have to pull all weird with my hands full.

With the MME, I press the button on the door and then I can just use my knee, foot, elbow, etc. to swing it open.

Also, modern car doors, at least none of the ones I've driven, are a fluid motion that is "one step" to open. My wife's Volkswagen for example, I have to pull the handle to open/unlock it and the handle then resets back, and then I pull again. I can't just pull the handle and keep pulling until it is fully open. To that, her car also sucks randomly and doesn't auto unlock and I'm there yanking the handle 3 or 4 times, which is a lot more annoying then spamming a button.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
My car won't update. 3 times I've tried to start update now and fails every time. First it's ever done this.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car won't update. 3 times I've tried to start update now and fails every time. First it's ever done this.
Gotta drive it for a bit so you can charge up the battery 12v, 30 minutes should be good. Or just leave your car parked and on for a while, but not on the charger. Also, turn off your headlights when you press to do the update.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
With which OTA did the profile issue start? At the moment my profile appears to be correctly associated with my PaaK both upon cold entry or during a scheduled departure time. However, if I do a remote start to precondition it won't recognize the profile upon entry even though it detects the key.

Of course, all of this is pending the next OTA scheduled for Sat. at 1 am.
Not sure exactly.

I had the issue months ago, then it went away. Now it’s back.

Today I went 4x without an issue, then on the 5th time……. Couldn’t switch profile from guest.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Well I'm definitely getting a charge...to 100%. I can't figure out how to get the vehicle to NOT charge to 100% on this update. Deleting and re-adding didn't seem to phase it.

IMG_1175.jpeg

IMG_1177.jpeg

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This one also reset my HVAC settings. Drove to work this morning and they were reset, put it back on auto 1, auto seat heater, 76 degrees. Left work and reset again! This update… wow.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The biggest issue is with profiles. It defaults to guest and won’t let you change the profile without a sync reboot.

Carplay is just it connecting then disconnecting or not connecting at all. It’s also frustrating that it’s like roulette guessing what will show up in the main screen. I always click to have the radio stations as the main thing, but every time I get in……. Different defaults.
Got you. I used to have the issue with Guest Profiles, but haven’t seen it in about a month or more. Never had to reboot though. The issue was sporadic.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
3.5.3 did this for me too. I have to manually connect wireless CarPlay every single time I get in the car. It is really frustrating. My truck doesn't have the issue with sync 4 nor does my 911...
What’s really frustrating is I had all these problems in my 2021, then I traded up to my October build 22 GT and the problems were gone, because I was on an older version of Sync. I hoped that Ford would have stopped rolling out a known bad update, but sure enough, 2 weeks in my car started updating and when it hit 3.5.3 💩. WHY would they keep rolling out a bad update. Stop, fix it, then keep going.

FWIW, Ford has cars in their advanced analytics program specifically because of the recent CarPlay issues. They're getting a boatload of data.
I was asked to join this on my 2021 when I had CarPlay issues. They had me sign the forms and provide info, then nothing. I updated them with my new VIN, but I don’t know if I’m contributing to advanced analytics or not. For what it worth I’m 90% sure it’s a Bluetooth issue.

Replacing a tried and true mechanical door handle for the over-engineered and pointless 'open' button is still hands-down the dumbest decision I have ever seen on a vehicle.
I love the button and presenter. Manual door handles can go the way of the manual transmission.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I was asked to join this on my 2021 when I had CarPlay issues. They had me sign the forms and provide info, then nothing. I updated them with my new VIN, but I don’t know if I’m contributing to advanced analytics or not. For what it worth I’m 90% sure it’s a Bluetooth issue.
My car is in the program. They’re getting a bunch of data on CarPlay and more. The problems, in my case, started somewhere around 3.5.x. Prior to that my car was pretty much a poster child for how things should work. There are a ton of variables though to toss in. The iPhone has updated at least twice in that time, and my iPhone 12 Pro Max has a few issues and neither the 13 or 14 offer enough in upgraded features to make me spring for one.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
My car is in the program. They’re getting a bunch of data on CarPlay and more. The problems, in my case, started somewhere around 3.5.x. Prior to that my car was pretty much a poster child for how things should work. There are a ton of variables though to toss in. The iPhone has updated at least twice in that time, and my iPhone 12 Pro Max has a few issues and neither the 13 or 14 offer enough in upgraded features to make me spring for one.
How can you tell if your car is in the program?
Sponsored