Ford Premium Care

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I recently received a replacement power cord as I was receiving the yellow light failure. A customer service agent followed up with me and offered me Ford Premium Care. It expires in 5 years or 75k miles. I’m totally confused as the car is still under new vehicle warranty. What would be the benefit of Ford Premium Care versus the standard warranty. Wouldn’t premium care be something one would purchase after the end of the standard warranty???
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You could search for other discussions about it... It's Ford's extended service contract offering.

It doesn't cover a whole lot and is generally overpriced. But if they are offering it for free (?) then that's a pretty great offer.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It's like the factory warranty, so you'd get an extra two years plus more miles. PremiumCARE is the highest level of Ford's extended warranties. You can purchase the extension any time before the factory warranty expires.

OP
OP

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Thanks, I’m still not clear how this differs from the existing included warranty on the car I purchased a year ago. Does it last longer? Cover more things? I always understood an extended warranty as something that goes into effect once the standard warranty is over but this seems to go into effect now.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I recently received a replacement power cord as I was receiving the yellow light failure. A customer service agent followed up with me and offered me Ford Premium Care. It expires in 5 years or 75k miles. I’m totally confused as the car is still under new vehicle warranty. What would be the benefit of Ford Premium Care versus the standard warranty. Wouldn’t premium care be something one would purchase after the end of the standard warranty???
First of all, the Premium Care is like an extension of the 36 months/ 36,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty. If you plan on owning the MME you would probably want 8 year/ 100,000 mile plan.

Second, you were “offered” this plan. I assume that they tried to “sell” you this 5 year/ 75,000 miles plan.

Third, there are Ford dealers mentioned on this forum that will sell the plan at a discount but you need to purchase during the 36 mo./ 36,000 basic warranty period.

Forth, it’s bumper to bumper, includes towing coverage, car rentals at $40 per day (with limitations) and having the dealer install software updates if necessary until it’s expiration.

Fifth, keep in mind that the mobile charger is not part of the car so the Premium Care wouldn’t cover it. It dies not cover normal consumable parts.

I happened to buy this plan myself because it’s a new model with unproven reliability. Very expensive to repair.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Thanks, I’m still not clear how this differs from the existing included warranty on the car I purchased a year ago. Does it last longer? Cover more things? I always understood an extended warranty as something that goes into effect once the standard warranty is over but this seems to go into effect now.
It covers the same things. You would pay for 5 years but really only get the 2 extra years. That’s why a 5 year plan makes no sense. Consider an 8 year/ 100,000 mile plan.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
To me, whose MME is my sole vehicle, the loaner/rental car provision with every repair is worth the price of the extended warranty itself (which I purchased at Zeigler, with a coupon code AND my Ford rewards points... So it came to around $400). That's 10 days of a rental at $40/day. Counting the time for all the recalls and various warranty repair work, it's already been over 20 or so days in the shop. Even if you factor in Ford paying for the loaner/rental on their recalls, I figure I've easily broken even already.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
FordPass points are worth 1/2 cent each. You probably used ~$700 worth, i.e. 140,000. The Mach-E purchase gave people 22,000.

Points expire if account lacks activity for 12 months. Activity is plus or minus. Buy a 50 cent screw if you need to to buy another 12 months, versus losing the $110 you got at purchase.

Last edited:
OP
OP

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Still confused. For free, I received PremiumCare 60 month/75k mile coverage. It excludes lighting, first day car rental and key services. The start date for 60m/75k period is when I got the vehicle a year ago. So there is significant overlap with the manuf. warranty. How does this differ? Was I given something that, because of the overlapping period, is essentially worthless? If not, why not? Thx

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Still confused. For free, I received PremiumCare 60 month/75k mile coverage. It excludes lighting, first day car rental and key services. The start date for 60m/75k period is when I got the vehicle a year ago. So there is significant overlap with the manuf. warranty. How does this differ? Was I given something that, because of the overlapping period, is essentially worthless? If not, why not? Thx
Ford's extended warranties, like all car manufacturer's extended warranties, start on the first day of ownership.

So, a 5 year extended warranty adds 2 years, or 39,000 miles (75,000 - 36,000) to the base bumper to bumper warranty.

2 years of warranty is not worthless, but it's not worth a lot, which is why it was offered to you.
Sponsored